PSL vs SMV

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
What exactly is the difference? Money/status is obviously an SMV only thing, and your PSL feeds into your SMV, but what about things like height? Is that PSL, or SMV only?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
PSL:
-facial aesthethics
-height
-frame

SMV:
-money
-status
-fashion
-pheno and race
-body muscle

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Golgo13, randomvanish, Deleted member 3526 and 3 others
what is that question? you yourself said PSL feeds into SMV so if height is included in PSL it is also included in SMV

But most people here say PSL is only for face but height and frame obviously affects woman's decision and you could say it goes into SMV

autistic topic tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205 and LordNorwood
PSL is “face only” but i feel like each user has their own variant of how they rate. like some may subconsciously rate them higher or lower if they know their height/if they like them or not/personal biases. psl is quite bad in that sense. sure, you can get a general grasp, but at the end of the day it’s a bunch of men giving you a number which they feel is correct.

SMV is more reliable (minus the money and status part bc this site is majority younger= less $$= less status).

I feel like we should make a new rating system that incorporates how attractive you would be to females in general. it would include:

-face
-height
-frame/body
-skin color

this would only be controversial bc of the race factor. fact is, if you’re dark skin ethnic, you’ll have a harder time with women. it’s a fact. there’s studies to back this up. you’re coping if u say otherwise.

and even then, you will be attractive to certain women and to others you won’t. we rate the top 0.0001% of men so obviously women won’t reject them but for the rest of us, skin color matters. height matters. face matters. body matters.

if you’re a 6/10IRL, some girls will like you. and a lot of users here don’t really have experience with IRL or shit and don’t know that your “look” will attract certain groups of girls. it’s not black and white like a lot of ppl think. attraction is very intricate and there ARE outliers. everything matters. we want to categorize things because it’s fun but that only causes havoc.

@LordNorwood

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13, Kade and LordNorwood
what is that question? you yourself said PSL feeds into SMV so if height is included in PSL it is also included in SMV

But most people here say PSL is only for face but height and frame obviously affects woman's decision and you could say it goes into SMV

autistic topic tbh
Right, I guess more specifically what I'm asking is what is SMV-exclusive and not also a part of PSL. Kind of a square/rectangle situation.

I feel like we should make a new rating system that incorporates how attractive you would be to females in general.
Basically look at approaches IOIs of females in life and conclude your own rating. Clearly PSL is men giving other men ratings. It means little.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043, LordNorwood and Deleted member 2846
Basically look at approaches IOIs of females in life and conclude your own rating. Clearly PSL is men giving other men ratings. It means little.
yes but legit 95% of this sub doesn’t talk/interact or hang out with women so that’s not an option unfortunately. that’s why there’s autistic psl ratings.

men will never be able to accurately asses other men’s beauty. even if you’re gay, you still can’t. and if we asked women they would virtual signal and lie there’s it’s nearly impossible. and any women who is part of lipstickalley or those female psl sites are weird fucks too so even then, their rates will be different and off.

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13, Deleted member 3043, Deleted member 3045 and 1 other person
IDK I feel this analysis (meaning all PSL and redpill type analysis) is helpful because its very useful to know where your attraction is coming from. Think of a high-school quarterback who after not being able to play college ball suddenly has very little female interest, and he never realized it was his status that was the number one thing driving his SMV. Or conversely if would be helpful to know that you could substantially increase female interest by isolating what areas you're lacking in and improving them. That's basically the whole mission of these types of forums except for purists who just want to be beautiful for the sake of being beautiful, bless their souls

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 3045
yes but legit 95% of this sub doesn’t talk/interact or hang out with women so that’s not an option unfortunately. that’s why there’s autistic psl ratings.

men will never be able to accurately asses other men’s beauty. even if you’re gay, you still can’t. and if we asked women they would virtual signal and lie there’s it’s nearly impossible. and any women who is part of lipstickalley or those female psl sites are weird fucks too so even then, their rates will be different and off.
It is though. Just pick up a hobby with lots of females in it and see how they react. Everyone has been in high school and knows how most females reacted around them.

Some signs are:
Being perceived as genius because you scribbled a square on a piece of paper.
Directly being complimented.
Girls asking to know you.
Date invitations.
When you display an interest how girls react. Do they ask more questions, do they seem very interested in what you say.
Eye contact like staring, if you randomly notice the eye contact of a girl on you for days on end chances are she is into you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
IDK I feel this analysis (meaning all PSL and redpill type analysis) is helpful because its very useful to know where your attraction is coming from. Think of a high-school quarterback who after not being able to play college ball suddenly has very little female interest, and he never realized it was his status that was the number one thing driving his SMV. Or conversely if would be helpful to know that you could substantially increase female interest by isolating what areas you're lacking in and improving them. That's basically the whole mission of these types of forums except for purists who just want to be beautiful for the sake of being beautiful, bless their souls
attraction comes from the face. then height. then body.

another huge part of the problem with psl is the ego behind it. everyone wants to mog. it’s all this insecure, hyper masculine competition that is toxic. i made a thread on this
It is though. Just pick up a hobby with lots of females in it and see how they react. Everyone has been in high school and knows how most females reacted around them.

Some signs are:
Being perceived as genius because you scribbled a square on a piece of paper.
Directly being complimented.
Girls asking to know you.
Date invitations.
When you display an interest how girls react. Do they ask more questions, do they seem very interested in what you say.
Eye contact like staring, if you randomly notice the eye contact of a girl on you for days on end chances are she is into you.
Going off of how you were treated in high school is not a good idea bc you’re still in puberty and will develop. Unless you’re in HS, then yeah see how you’re judged, but if I were to look bad to HS, I was practically invisible. College changes the game by ten folds.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Deleted member 3045
IRL someone that looks like this

Is MUCH more attractive to women than Barrett or whatever weird looking model is propped up here.

• +1
Reactions: CarlSagan96, Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2846
PSL is face only

SMV is body (Frame, Physique, Height, Wrist ETC...) status/money etc...

• +1
Reactions: Highrise and LordNorwood
Doesn't matter if height/frame is included in PSL ratings, just means that person should be transparent about it otherwise theyll come off as overrating/underrating. Plus they'd be pulling their numbers out of their ass anyway as there's no agreement on how much of a boost it should be.

SMV means real world performance results when dating/being social with women. From the way you walk to the way you talk. Your voice, tone and stare and mannerisms. SMV is really complicated unless you have some kind of cookie cutter look. It's why I wouldn't take a PSL rating to heart unless looking to improve and go under a knife.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and Deleted member 2846
Doesn't matter if height/frame is included in PSL ratings, just means that person should be transparent about it otherwise theyll come off as overrating/underrating. Plus they'd be pulling their numbers out of their ass anyway as there's no agreement on how much of a boost it should be.

SMV means real world performance results when dating/being social with women. From the way you walk to the way you talk. Your voice, tone and stare and mannerisms. SMV is really complicated unless you have some kind of cookie cutter look. It's why I wouldn't take a PSL rating to heart unless looking to improve and go under a knife.
looksmax is only good for asking what surgeries you need via pm and ethnic arguments

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and shimada
looksmax is only good for asking what surgeries you need via pm and ethnic arguments

not to mention not everyone shows off their frame/height when asking for ratings

this site is so autistic its hilarious, i cant look away

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2846
not to mention not everyone shows off their frame/height when asking for ratings

this site is so autistic its hilarious, i cant look away
one of the reasons i stay is for the stupid arguments and funny content

PSL is “face only” but i feel like each user has their own variant of how they rate. like some may subconsciously rate them higher or lower if they know their height/if they like them or not/personal biases. psl is quite bad in that sense. sure, you can get a general grasp, but at the end of the day it’s a bunch of men giving you a number which they feel is correct.

SMV is more reliable (minus the money and status part bc this site is majority younger= less $$= less status).

I feel like we should make a new rating system that incorporates how attractive you would be to females in general. it would include:

-face
-height
-frame/body
-skin color

this would only be controversial bc of the race factor. fact is, if you’re dark skin ethnic, you’ll have a harder time with women. it’s a fact. there’s studies to back this up. you’re coping if u say otherwise.

and even then, you will be attractive to certain women and to others you won’t. we rate the top 0.0001% of men so obviously women won’t reject them but for the rest of us, skin color matters. height matters. face matters. body matters.

if you’re a 6/10IRL, some girls will like you. and a lot of users here don’t really have experience with IRL or shit and don’t know that your “look” will attract certain groups of girls. it’s not black and white like a lot of ppl think. attraction is very intricate and there ARE outliers. everything matters. we want to categorize things because it’s fun but that only causes havoc.

@LordNorwood
Height can't be put on a scale lol.
Ex: A person who's 5'11 in India will look giant, while on here seem average.
Also like @Alexanderr states, height is a multiplier of face. Height becomes more important when a higher psl and less mportant when a lower psl.

TLDR I agree with what you're saying but height can't be put intp a scale accurately.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Alexanderr
Also like @Alexanderr states, height is a multiplier of face. Height becomes more important when a higher psl and less mportant when a lower psl.

TLDR I agree with what you're saying but height can't be put intp a scale accurately.
okay but i’m talking about The West. height is very important, especially for girls 18-25. then they settle with the guy who makes the most

basically under 5’7 for the West is death. ideally you want to be 6’+.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Deleted member 2205
SMV includes:
-Looks
-Money
-Status

PSL goes more in-depth into the looks aspect of SMV. While PSL only rates the face, the face is also the main factor of looks.

As for height. Height also is included in the Looks range but on a lower percentage/scale. Aslong as one isnt very short in height it doesnt differ very much what their total SMV is. Tho obviously it does change ones attractiveness it can be overlooked.

While things like face cannot be overlooked by girls unless one has alot of money and status.

• +1
okay but i’m talking about The West. height is very important, especially for girls 18-25. then they settle with the guy who makes the most

basically under 5’7 for the West is death. ideally you want to be 6’+.
Height isn't really important in the West either. Apart from when girls who have daddy issues and a preference towards height, most women would choose face. Even on tinder, the swipe rates on people who mention they are 6'0+ aren't much higher.

A 5psl person wouldn't mog a 6psl person from height alone, unless the 6psl is shorter than 5'10.
But the contrary is observed between 6 and 7.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3045

Everything has to be put on a scale though, all things matter in terms of locality. For example blonde haired blue eyed men would slay over brown haired men in Asia but not in the West.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2205
Everything has to be put on a scale though, all things matter in terms of locality. For example blonde haired blue eyed men would slay over brown haired men in Asia but not in the West.
Face is the easiest to generalize. Putting other factors on a scale would be too much.

Face is the easiest to generalize. Putting other factors on a scale would be too much.
And yet I would also bet that face has localized differences as well. In reality forums like these are geared towards the culture of the West, because that is the culture we're all used to and were more or less raised in (most of us) or exposed to through media. Any application to other cultural regions is pretty much speculation as our heated ethnic debates often reveal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Height isn't really important in the West either. Apart from when girls who have daddy issues and a preference towards height, most women would choose face. Even on tinder, the swipe rates on people who mention they are 6'0+ aren't much higher.

A 5psl person wouldn't mog a 6psl person from height alone, unless the 6psl is shorter than 5'10.
But the contrary is observed between 6 and 7.
Idk man, it depends. I’ve seen many accounts of women loving height. They want the mog to them by at least a few inches

• +1
Idk man, it depends. I’ve seen many accounts of women loving height. They want the mog to them by at least a few inches
Most girls are not above 5'7 lol. The average man would be tall enough. Height mogs noly matter if the face is equivelent.

Most girls are not above 5'7 lol. The average man would be tall enough. Height mogs noly matter if the face is equivelent.
But remember, they view height as a trophy, as status. They get validation and approval when they tell their friends their BF is 6’

And yet I would also bet that face has localized differences as well. In reality forums like these are geared towards the culture of the West, because that is the culture we're all used to and were more or less raised in (most of us) or exposed to through media. Any application to other cultural regions is pretty much speculation as our heated ethnic debates often reveal.
Western ideals are the goal of most countries.
Also the PSL system is pretty accurate according to race. Someone who is 6psl will be seen as gl universally.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
You think its about being taller than the woman? Its mostly about being taller than other men. Of course you're gonna be taller than the woman.
Western ideals are the goal of most countries.
Also the PSL system is pretty accurate according to race. Someone who is 6psl will be seen as gl universally.
How do we know? Most countries are Westernized but idk I'm not convinced that there wouldn't be distinct opinions if you wandered into some bumfuck remote villages never exposed to the 24/7 bombardment of our propag-I mean media.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2846
You think its about being taller than the woman? Its mostly about being taller than other men. Of course you're gonna be taller than the woman
Never said I did. I jsut contradicting what Prettyboy said when he said, women wanted a man who is a couple of inches taller.
How do we know? Most countries are Westernized but idk I'm not convinced that their wouldn't be distinct opinions if you wandered into some bumfuck remote villages never exposed to the 24/7 bombardment of our propag-I mean media.
Certain aesthetic ideals are ideals everywhere. Western beauty standards are the same literally everywhere.

Actually there is no western ideal. Symmetric face, good bone structure, and good eye area will be seen as attractive everywhere. No country has some random fetish for a bad feature.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
All that matter is PRESENCE culmination of your smv/psl , you either a entity or invisible

in regards to this once you above psl 5 facially, a Masc silhouette ie body,height, frame, muscle are much more important than aspie facial perfection for improving your SMV

Never said I did. I jsut contradicting what Prettyboy said when he said, women wanted a man who is a couple of inches taller.

Certain aesthetic ideals are ideals everywhere. Western beauty standards are the same literally everywhere.

Actually there is no western ideal. Symmetric face, good bone structure, and good eye area will be seen as attractive everywhere. No country has some random fetish for a bad feature.
My mistake.
Also, again how do we know? We purposely suppose that all people instinctively value our valued traits but we don't know anyone who doesn't fall under the purview of our culture and media. Also,
"No country has some random fetish for a bad feature"
JFL dude. Are you even aware of some of the horrific "beauty" practices of some countries? Look it up sometime, you're in for a real treat. You'd be absolutely astonished at the fucked up shit some peoples have thought equates to beauty.
My personal belief is that attraction and beauty has some evolutionary guidings but is almost entirely driven by the perceived connections to status, which itself is evolutionarily guided. Man is a socializable animal to such an extreme degree which has allowed for such different ways of life, until recently where all things are gradually collapsing under the Western purview. Man can literally be socialized into behaviors which contradict evolutionary goals, that's how flexible and pliable our senses of self are.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2205
Considering this sites ratings are typically about as accurate as r/truerateme, which has a bunch of females on it, I'd say otherwise.

Considering this sites ratings are typically about as accurate as r/truerateme, which has a bunch of females on it, I'd say otherwise.
Lol. Idk about truerateme but real life is much more indicative of SMV than some score on a forum.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205 and Deleted member 3043
Lol. Idk about truerateme but real life is much more indicative of SMV than some score on a forum.
Girls don't approach that often though.
Also most people in here are socially autistic ngl

What exactly is the difference? Money/status is obviously an SMV only thing, and your PSL feeds into your SMV, but what about things like height? Is that PSL, or SMV only?
PSL: looks

SMV: race and height 99% of the time

I can tell you a sure way to know where you stack up in terms of looks. By observing females around you.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Mediocre Normalfag and Deleted member 3043
True. The problem with the "real life" theory is that it doesn't account for actual SMV, only practical SMV. A PSL 8 6'5 billionaire with a dom personality who spends his whole life in a cabin in the woods has an incredibly high actual SMV but a practical SMV of 0

• +1
I can tell you a sure way to know where you stack up in terms of looks. By observing females around you.
Not accurately. I've always been treated really nice by girls with lots of "ioi"s. But really I am just average.

I think being NT is kind of required for this tactic to work as well, which many of this userbase isn't.

It's not just approaches, there's body language and IOI.s

• Hmm...
I went over this lol. If involved in social gatherings, you will get a lot more than a more attractive guy who isn't invloved in social gatherings. This is the reason why so many mentalcels exist.

• +1
You can miss this shit if you're neurotic enough. A neurotic person's mindset is to interpret any sign of interest as mere friendliness - I did this a lot in high school apparently and missed a lot of opportunities because of it. Sometimes it can unironically be hard to tell as a lot of daygame from women, especially in settings where they fear judgment from peers, is expressed in terms of friendliness and you can easily mistake it for politeness especially if you have a bitch mentality.

• +1
Also people looksmax for things other than girls. Lookism exists in society. Being treated a certain way in your life can't be compared to other people's life experiences unless you were in their shoes.

• Love it
Reactions: LordNorwood
i'm shit at this....
what's thé best way to know ?
If she smiles at you, if she goes out of her way to talk to you, if she makes it easy to talk to her and is receptive when you do, if she responds well to physical contact or offers physical contact (hug). Now that I know the signs its easy to tell for example which women in my social circles I have a chance with vs those I don't.
Also it is in your best interest to assume that there is possible interest and act on it instead of debating it. That is called "confidence". Obviously don't act on it like a sperg but if you're wondering if someone is interested in you, assume they are and act accordingly, then if you get bad feedback at least you didn't waste your time.
Also people looksmax for things other than girls. Lookism exists in society. Being treated a certain way in your life can't be compared to other people's life experiences unless you were in their shoes.
This, being attractive offers you so many boons in life outside of just success with women, its insane.

• +1
i'm shit at this....
what's thé best way to know ?
One way is if you consistently notice a girls gaze on you. And for this you need to go about your day not checking who sees you lol but if you feel uncomfortable bcs of being stared into chances are HIGH she is into you.

• Woah
True. The problem with the "real life" theory is that it doesn't account for actual SMV, only practical SMV. A PSL 8 6'5 billionaire with a dom personality who spends his whole life in a cabin in the woods has an incredibly high actual SMV but a practical SMV of 0

You're being autistic about it. SMV is about how much you can turn a woman on in a social situation, whether online or offline. And how many women you can do it to and their relative quality. No woman = no SMV. It's like talking about how fast your car is with no gas available.

I also cant even make sense of your post. Anything actual would be something real therefore proven and reliable.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Anubis, LordNorwood and Deleted member 3045
PSL:

Your genes

SMV:

Everything else

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Anubis and Deleted member 3043
tbh everyone deep down know looks wise where they stack up.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Mediocre Normalfag