Rapid vs Semi-Rapid vs Slow Expansion

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
So far I've been turning my removable expander once every 3 days, I've turned about 1MM 1/2 but I feel like since my teeth are fucked, it'll take a long time for them to even out (30-ish IMW)

should i keep up my rate or go faster?

turn once evryday like a real expander fuckit,, just get invisalign after

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
do u wear it 24/7?

• +1
I don't think I'll see much skeletal change with a rapid approach tho
if you don’t do rapid you won’t split suture and get practically 0 change

• +1
damn. maybe it'll help if u osteoclastmaxx

if you don’t do rapid you won’t split suture and get practically 0 change

how often do you think i should expand

i had read somewhere, I think the greatworks forum, that semi-rapid was the best

orthos also recommend turning every 2-3 days

how often do you think i should expand

i had read somewhere, I think the greatworks forum, that semi-rapid was the best
I don’t know the ideal protocol off the top of my head, just look for RPE studies and look at their expansion protocol

semi rapid might be best for young kids but for teencels if you want skeletal changes you’re gonna have to go rapid

• +1
I don’t know the ideal protocol off the top of my head, just look for RPE studies and look at their expansion protocol

semi rapid might be best for young kids but for teencels if you want skeletal changes you’re gonna have to go rapid

I think they turned twice daily here

won't it be different since I'm using a removable expander?

won't it be different since I'm using a removable expander?
no the only difference would be is bonded ones are glued to teeth, the force is distributed in the same way

• +1
no the only difference would be is bonded ones are glued to teeth, the force is distributed in the same way

Histological and radiological evidence indicates that themaxillary suture is not fused enough to inhibit the openingof the maxillary palatal suture in patients who are in theirlate teens or their early twenties. Clinical evidence supportsthis finding. RPE should be limited to 2 turns per day and may have to be reduced to only one turn every other day to ensure patient comfort. A growing body of evidence is refuting the belief that palatal expansion without surgery is not possible in patients older than 15 or 16 years of age. Our case report and the literature provide clinically basedevidence indicating that although the midpalatal suturemay be closed when evaluated radiographically, it is not necessarily fused. Therefore, the midpalatal suture can beorthopedically manipulated through RPE in patients atleast into their early twenties. Some authors even provideevidence of success beyond this age. There are 2 distinctnonsurgical approaches to expanding maxillary arch widthin young adults: the palatal suture may be opened with anRPE appliance, or teeth and alveolar processes can beexpanded with a Haas-type expansion appliance. Bothmethods are stable expansion methods. Clinicians arecautioned that proper case selection is critical to the successof these 2 methods; consultation with an orthodontist or anoral surgeon may be prudent in some cases.There is an increasing body of evidence that supportsnonsurgical RPE in young adults. A comprehensive review of clinical outcomes indicates that it is time for a paradigmshift. Nonsurgical RPE is a viable procedure for youngadults who are well into their early twenties.

I guess I'll be turning twice a day now?

Do you think I'll see skeletal changes or purely dental?

Histological and radiological evidence indicates that themaxillary suture is not fused enough to inhibit the openingof the maxillary palatal suture in patients who are in theirlate teens or their early twenties. Clinical evidence supportsthis finding. RPE should be limited to 2 turns per day and may have to be reduced to only one turn every other day to ensure patient comfort. A growing body of evidence is refuting the belief that palatal expansion without surgery is not possible in patients older than 15 or 16 years of age. Our case report and the literature provide clinically basedevidence indicating that although the midpalatal suturemay be closed when evaluated radiographically, it is not necessarily fused. Therefore, the midpalatal suture can beorthopedically manipulated through RPE in patients atleast into their early twenties. Some authors even provideevidence of success beyond this age. There are 2 distinctnonsurgical approaches to expanding maxillary arch widthin young adults: the palatal suture may be opened with anRPE appliance, or teeth and alveolar processes can beexpanded with a Haas-type expansion appliance. Bothmethods are stable expansion methods. Clinicians arecautioned that proper case selection is critical to the successof these 2 methods; consultation with an orthodontist or anoral surgeon may be prudent in some cases.There is an increasing body of evidence that supportsnonsurgical RPE in young adults. A comprehensive review of clinical outcomes indicates that it is time for a paradigmshift. Nonsurgical RPE is a viable procedure for youngadults who are well into their early twenties.

I guess I'll be turning twice a day now?

Do you think I'll see skeletal changes or purely dental?
70%dental 30% skeletal maybe 65 35 at most, imo it’s best just for mse to get 100% skeletal, because every mm of expansion you do dentally is one less mm you can get in skeletal expansion

• Woah
70%dental 30% skeletal maybe 65 35 at most, imo it’s best just for mse to get 100% skeletal, because every mm of expansion you do dentally is one less mm you can get in skeletal expansion

nvm gonna stop then and def get mse

• +1
Reactions: retard