Recommend your favorite books.

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Philosophizing...
Title.

Preferably books with good psychological and philosophical depth.

Also less known books if you know of any fantastic non mainstream ones. I have most of the famous ones covered already.

@blackckatt @Bvnny. @Vermilioncore @ReadBooksEveryday @LooksOrDeath @slayer69 @julianchicago @NordicMaxxer

• +1
Reactions: heightmaxxing and LooksOrDeath
The Shining by Stephen King
(currently reading)

The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King
(recent read)

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and HarrierDuBois
40829615.jpg
43202366.jpg
749x1200.jpg
mz3o9nbudc181.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: randomop, Akhi, Deleted member 51781 and 22 others
the forbidden forest - Mircea Eliade
the square moon - supernatural tales - Ghada al-Samman
sailing alone around the world - Joshua Slocum
the anatomy of melancholy - Robert Burton
anything written by Georges Bataille
anything written by Giacomo Leopardi

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and HarrierDuBois
The Sorrows of a Young Werther

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Lolita

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and HarrierDuBois
In Your Face (2010) by Dr. David Perett

• +1
- Suicide - Eduoard Leve

-Book of Questions - Edmond Jabes

- Chasing Homer - László Krasznahorkai

- The meloncholy of resistance also by László Krasznahorkai

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781, 5'7 zoomer, 1966Ford and 1 other person
cringe

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 51781
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781 and HarrierDuBois
The Mind Illuminated

The Denial Of Death

• +1
Life is Hell

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781
i only read botb and lookism.net threads

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: albe.ORG, RichardSpencel and Deleted member 29167
israel lobby

400 boox

1 loox

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Saen, Alt Number 3 and 1 other person
I haven't read any type of book in like 4 years

The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King
This one sounds interesting, what is it about? Despite being a Christian I am very interested in how occultism plays into the universe. I have had some experiences with it, especially in my childhood.

the forbidden forest - Mircea Eliade
the square moon - supernatural tales - Ghada al-Samman
sailing alone around the world - Joshua Slocum
the anatomy of melancholy - Robert Burton
anything written by Georges Bataille
anything written by Giacomo Leopardi
The Sorrows of a Young Werther
- Suicide - Eduoard Leve

-Book of Questions - Edmond Jabes

- Chasing Homer - László Krasznahorkai

- The meloncholy of resistance also by László Krasznahorkai
In Your Face (2010) by Dr. David Perett
The Mind Illuminated

The Denial Of Death
Added to reading list, all of it.

Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut.

Anything by K.V is amazing. I don't know why no dalits here have recommended it to you.

If you're gonna take any book recommendation here, take mine. You won't regret it.

• +1
i know many good books but want to gatekeep haha

best places to find good books is used stores. mainstream stores that sell brand new books are usually just to make money by selling garbage
IMG 0512

• +1
This one sounds interesting, what is it about? Despite being a Christian I am very interested in how occultism plays into the universe. I have had some experiences with it, especially in my childhood.
It is a grimoire.
About the 72 demons, their info and the rituals to summon them.

Even though am Muslim, am really interested in other religions and also occults.
So I keep reading stuff

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: romanstock and HarrierDuBois

best places to find good books is used stores. mainstream stores that sell brand new books are usually just to make money by selling garbage
View attachment 2780399
Don't be a dick fucking share the book recs with us. The people who give a fuck about your recommendations are the people who deserve to know.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and HarrierDuBois
Don't be a dick fucking share the book recs with us. The people who give a fuck about your recommendations are the people who deserve to know.
Looks like it is from a fiction genre.
I knew a few book in the background. And search others and most of them were fiction.

Now either ask a book nerd to identify the cover or keep trying for eternity

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and HarrierDuBois
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut.

Anything by K.V is amazing. I don't know why no dalits here have recommended it to you.

If you're gonna take any book recommendation here, take mine. You won't regret it.
I will man, I write all of the recommendations down. Will purchase more once I'm done with my Dostoevsky era. Through half of his big ones. Crime and Punishment, The Brother's Karamazov, Notes From Undergound, and The Gambler. Currently on The Idiot, will finish Demons and White Nights after as well. Also read two short plays of August Strindberg, very intelligent and blackpill swedish author.

Other books I got lined up are:
Ivan Gontjarov - Oblomov
Albert Camus - The Stranger
William Faulkner - The Sound and the Fury
Nikolaj Gogol - Short stories

Also got Nietzsche lined up; Thus Spoke Zarathustra and On the Genealogy of Morals.
Will read Max Stirner's The Ego and Its Own as well.
I would like to know what you think of my taste and selections so far, also if you have read them and can give your insights.

It is a grimoire.
About the 72 demons, their info and the rituals to summon them.

Even though am Muslim, am really interested in other religions and also occults.
So I keep reading stuff
I am also very fascinated by this stuff, will buy the book eventually.

View attachment 2780399
I found a lot of Dostoevsky novels that were 70-100+ years old in a few antiquariats around Stockholm, some of his rarer stories as well not the most famous ones. Will buy them eventually in case they don't get bought up. PM me your favorite hidden gem books if you want to gatekeep to the masses, I'm good for it.

Also @TechnoBoss

Damn, how did you find it
Could tell by the fact the bottom 25% of the cover is black topped of with a white line that it was a Penguin Classic. Then I just memorized the blue curtain on top and scanned the Penguin Classics on their site until I found a match.

• JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84
I will man, I write all of the recommendations down. Will purchase more once I'm done with my Dostoevsky era. Through half of his big ones. Crime and Punishment, The Brother's Karamazov, Notes From Undergound, and The Gambler. Currently on The Idiot, will finish Demons and White Nights after as well. Also read two short plays of August Strindberg, very intelligent and blackpill swedish author.

Other books I got lined up are:
Ivan Gontjarov - Oblomov
Albert Camus - The Stranger
William Faulkner - The Sound and the Fury
Nikolaj Gogol - Short stories

Also got Nietzsche lined up; Thus Spoke Zarathustra and On the Genealogy of Morals.
Will read Max Stirner's The Ego and Its Own as well.
I would like to know what you think of my taste and selections so far, also if you have read them and can give your insights.

I am also very fascinated by this stuff, will buy the book eventually.

I found a lot of Dostoevsky novels that were 70-100+ years old in a few antiquariats around Stockholm, some of his rarer stories as well not the most famous ones. Will buy them eventually in case they don't get bought up. PM me your favorite hidden gem books if you want to gatekeep to the masses, I'm good for it.

Also @TechnoBoss
View attachment 2780430
I love Nietzsche I have all of his books. Thus spoke Zarathustra is an interesting read but a little boring. The gay science is probably my favorite from him because it's not written like a story. Will to power is my second favorite.

Also miring the rare book you got tbh

• +1
Could tell by the fact the bottom 25% of the cover is black topped of with a white line that it was a Penguin Classic. Then I just memorized the blue curtain on top and scanned the Penguin Classics on their site until I found a match.
Low how many book have u read till now.
Am still stuck on 62 though am 17.

• +1
Low how many book have u read till now.
Am still stuck on 62 though am 17.
No clue, not that many, didn't read for most of my childhood but got addicted and started constantly reading about 4 months ago. I will probably do this for life now. I am 19, 20 in a week. Started with Dostoevsky. I have read 6 books since I started this journey.

Ted kaczynsky manifest is an important read or whatwver it called in american

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Rawleigh556, Manletmachine and HarrierDuBois
Title.

Preferably books with good psychological and philosophical depth.

Also less known books if you know of any fantastic non mainstream ones. I have most of the famous ones covered already.

@blackckatt @Bvnny. @Vermilioncore @ReadBooksEveryday @LooksOrDeath @slayer69 @julianchicago @NordicMaxxer
The Freedom Model
Addiction, a Disorder of Choice
The Biology of Desire
The Cult of Pharmacology
Smart Phone, Dumb Phone
The War of Art
Sun and Steel
Deep Work
Atomic Habits
The Male Advantage

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: onlyhereforthehair and HarrierDuBois
Could tell by the fact the bottom 25% of the cover is black topped off with a white line that it was a Penguin Classic. Then I just memorized the blue curtain on top and scanned the Penguin Classics on their site until I found a match.
autism

I love Nietzsche I have all of his books. Thus spoke Zarathustra is an interesting read but a little boring. The gay science is probably my favorite from him because it's not written like a story. Will to power is my second favorite.
I will have to get those eventually, I am obsessed with Nietzschean ideas. Have you heard of Max Stirner? Very underrated philosopher, basically the antithesis to Marx and Engels, got to the point they started beefing with him and sent him hate mail and wrote caricatures of him in the newspaper.

His ideology is very interesting. He argues that society as an entity (and groups as entities at large) do not exist and there are only individuals. It was interesting since I always suffered from the incapability of grasping a group as an entity and instead only seeing individuals meanwhile Stirner argues that this is fundamental. He also argues to only please the ego since you are the most important individual in your life. Every social structure is a "spook" and only what is fundamental to the universe is what exists and should be adhered to, the spooks restrain and detract from the potential of the individual. His ideas got convoluted and now in retrospect he has been acclaimed by anarchist despite him not being one, but if you go back and read what he wrote during his time you get the true ideas. Similar to Nietzsche in that regard.

Also miring the rare book you got tbh
Which in particular?

Could have just said the name instead of gatekeeping. Anyway just PM me your best books.

The Freedom Model
Addiction, a Disorder of Choice
The Biology of Desire
The Cult of Pharmacology
Smart Phone, Dumb Phone
The War of Art
Sun and Steel
Deep Work
Atomic Habits
The Male Advantage
Added.

No longer human is the ultimate incel book only half way through. Don't recommend reading it if your already depressed.

• +1
Why mhh react? Its unironically beautifully written, one of the best use of language I've ever seen.

Obviously the subject matter turns some people off, but the book never glorifies the actions.

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and HarrierDuBois
Why mhh react? Its unironically beautifully written, one of the best use of language I've ever seen.

Obviously the subject matter turns some people off, but the book never glorifies the actions.
I will take your word for it honestly. I have heard the contents are a bit suspect but hey, good literature is good literature.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
I read books all the time and let me tell you: All books are shit. I have to make sure I approach every book with an uncritical simple-minded attitude or I can't enjoy them.

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and HarrierDuBois
I will have to get those eventually, I am obsessed with Nietzschean ideas. Have you heard of Max Stirner? Very underrated philosopher, basically the antithesis to Marx and Engels, got to the point they started beefing with him and sent him hate mail and wrote caricatures of him in the newspaper.
View attachment 2780436
His ideology is very interesting. He argues that society as an entity (and groups as entities at large) do not exist and there are only individuals. It was interesting since I always suffered from the incapability of grasping a group as an entity and instead only seeing individuals meanwhile Stirner argues that this is fundamental. He also argues to only please the ego since you are the most important individual in your life. Every social structure is a "spook" and only what is fundamental to the universe is what exists and should be adhered to, the spooks restrain and detract from the potential of the individual. His ideas got convoluted and now in retrospect he has been acclaimed by anarchist despite him not being one, but if you go back and read what he wrote during his time you get the true ideas. Similar to Nietzsche in that regard.

Which in particular?

Could have just said the name instead of gatekeeping. Anyway just PM me your best books.

Added.
just read what you want bro wtf

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
In Search of Lost Time
Fictions by Borges
Invisible Cities
The Master and Margarita

• +1
I read books all the time and let me tell you: All books are shit. I have to make sure I approach every book with an uncritical simple-minded attitude or I can't enjoy them.
Did you find any you thought were worth it after you careful critique? For example Crime and Punishment, impossible to drown it.

In Search of Lost Time
Fictions by Borges
Invisible Cities
The Master and Margarita
Heard The Master and Margarita is dangerously good. Will check all of them out.

• +1
Reactions: shabby890
The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
The Rebel - Albert Camus
Sexual Personae - Camille Paglia
Anti-Oedipus - Deleuze & Guattari

• +1
The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
The Rebel - Albert Camus
Sexual Personae - Camille Paglia
Anti-Oedipus - Deleuze & Guattari
metamorphosis is garbageeee

• +1
Reactions: albe.ORG
Did you find any you thought were worth it after you careful critique? For example Crime and Punishment, impossible to drown it.

which one's crime and punishment again? is that by Dotoyovesky or however you say his name? his books are extremely boring at the beginning and hard to get into. yet more garbage. humans are too dumb to write a good book from start to finish. it's too long and too much for our minds to wrap around, so they all inevitably have bad/boring patches.

Diary of a wimpy kid

which one's crime and punishment again? is that by Dotoyovesky or however you say his name? his books are extremely boring at the beginning and hard to get into. yet more garbage. humans are too dumb to write a good book from start to finish. it's too long and too much for our minds to wrap around, so they all inevitably have bad/boring patches.
The book is incredible from start to finish. Zoomer attention span tbh.

• JFL
Reactions: romanstock