regulating intestinal microbiota may help relieve the symptoms of anxiety.

paulie_walnuts

paulie_walnuts

rookie of the year
Recent research suggests that the bacteria that naturally populate the human gut may play an extensive role not just in a person's physical health, but also in their mental well-being.

One study drew a link between certain groups of bacteria and a higher risk of mental healthconditions, including depression.

Another suggested that our gut bacteria may influence certain brain mechanisms and contribute to anxiety.

Over 50% of studies found positive effects
The studies that the team evaluated chose different types of intervention. Of the 21 studies, 14 used probiotics — or "good" bacteria — as the main agent in their interventions regulating intestinal flora. The remaining seven opted for interventions that did not use probiotics, such as simply adjusting a person's typical diet.

Of the 14 that used probiotic-centered interventions, seven used a single probiotic, two used two kinds of probiotics, and five used three or more different types of probiotics.

The team found that 11 out of the 21 studies (52%) concluded that interventions regulating intestinal flora helped reduce anxiety symptoms.

More specifically, among the studies that used probiotics in their interventions, 36% concluded that the strategy was effective. Among the studies that did not use probiotics, 6 out of 7 suggested that the interventions helped alleviate anxiety.

"It is worth mentioning that the efficiency of supplementation of nonprobiotic preparations is as high as 86%," the authors write in their study paper.

Five of the studies used interventions regulating intestinal flora to supplement traditional anxiety treatments. Among these, only the studies that did not use probiotics led to an improvement of anxiety symptoms.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste, Deleted member 2486, Alexanderr and 1 other person
saw somewhere l rueteri makes rats balls bigger

giphy.gif

keep following me like a dog. did not read a single word

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Yup , this is why it’s important not to take antibiotics unless legit necessary.. nukes your gut flora. Once that’s happened idk if probiotics will rectify the issue or if you would require a fecal transplant to truly fix the damage done .

Yup , this is why it’s important not to take antibiotics unless legit necessary.. nukes your gut flora. Once that’s happened idk if probiotics will rectify the issue or if you would require a fecal transplant to truly fix the damage done .
the most important part is too eat clean and healthy. your diet has the biggest impact of your gut flora.

of course you shouldnt take antibiotics for every shit but a dose of
azithromycin because you just got a std wont kill your gut flora. it will recover.

if you eat permanent like shit however...

the most important part is too eat clean and healthy. your diet has the biggest impact of your gut flora.

of course you shouldnt take antibiotics for every shit but a dose of
azithromycin because you just got a std wont kill your gut flora. it will recover.

if you eat permanent like shit however...
not entirely sure. I dont know where your from but in the states antibiotics are way overprescribed. any sort of infection i.e. ear ? here take a 10 day cycle of antibiotics.

Issue is, ive read a couple studies saying that even a year after cessation of the antibiotics, participants were still missing key bacteria.

not entirely sure. I dont know where your from but in the states antibiotics are way overprescribed. any sort of infection i.e. ear ? here take a 10 day cycle of antibiotics.

Issue is, ive read a couple studies saying that even a year after cessation of the antibiotics, participants were still missing key bacteria.

its over

sometimes you cant prevent it though (leaving ear infection aside)

i bet there are studies who look for longterm effects of antibiotics regarding the gutflora. would be interesting to see if and how fast the gut flora recovers

its over

sometimes you cant prevent it though (leaving ear infection aside)

i bet there are studies who look for longterm effects of antibiotics regarding the gutflora. would be interesting to see if and how fast the gut flora recovers
prob will just have to get fecal transplants boyo. time to shove someone elses poop up our anuses. lel

prob will just have to get fecal transplants boyo. time to shove someone elses poop up our anuses. lel

unironically fecal implants show very good results. im too lazy to dig right now but im pretty sure we can already find something regarding fecal implants and improvement of social anixiety or mentall illness

i remember reading something about this.

i think they prefer fecal transplants from healthy relatives. if you have a younger brother/sister force him to eat healthy including a lot of fibers haha

unironically fecal implants show very good results. im too lazy to dig right now but im pretty sure we can already find something regarding fecal implants and improvement of social anixiety or mentall illness

i remember reading something about this.

i think they prefer fecal transplants from healthy relatives. if you have a younger brother/sister force him to eat healthy including a lot of fibers haha
imagine someone overly simplifying it and saying "now those boyos are claiming putting someone elses shit up your ass will give you confidence"

LOL

but yeah honestly if youve ever done antibiotics , prob run probiotics for a while and take some fecal tests and bloodwork, and if your gut flora isnt that good, consider fecal transplant.

poor gut flora can also lead to allergies and IBS, even autoimmune issues.

legit its crazy how powerful the gut flora is..and how little we know about the gut flora. imagine this - we flying to the moon but we still dont know what is going in our gut..

btw some interesting articles i found regarding diet and gut flora

i would be really interested to see the longterm effects of antibiotica regarding the gut flora. maybe look into it tommorow

legit its crazy how powerful the gut flora is..and how little we know about the gut flora. imagine this - we flying to the moon but we still dont know what is going in our gut..

btw some interesting articles i found regarding diet and gut flora

i would be really interested to see the longterm effects of antibiotica regarding the gut flora. maybe look into it tommorow
in terms of diet, the most beneficial foods for a healthy gut flora are kimchi and sauerkraut

Raw milk and raw meat or DEATH

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
in terms of diet, the most beneficial foods for a healthy gut flora are kimchi and sauerkraut

yes but not the sauerkraut you can buy in the stores. its pasteurised

Lol at bothering to read any study done in China.

What a useless crap tier article, does not mention one bacterial strain. I have recently started experimenting with a probiotic which is free of histamine generating bacteria, and has only histamine eating bacteria; b. infantis, b. longum, l. plantarum, b. breve, b. bifidum, l. salvarius, and b. lactis.

i remember when the old prophet @Afrikancel proselytized this theory tbh. need to microbiotamaxx

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides and Alexanderr
i remember when the old prophet @Afrikancel proselytized this theory tbh. need to microbiotamaxx
“Whachu say white boi. Show me wat dat mouf do white boi” -Afrikancel
:feelscry:

• So Sad
Reactions: The Dude Abides and haircutcel
yes but not the sauerkraut you can buy in the stores. its pasteurised
what would be actionable thing to do to improve one's gut flora

any probiotics you're taking?

what would be actionable thing to do to improve one's gut flora

any probiotics you're taking?

eating healthy including a lot of fibers is probably the best you can do.

eg mediterranean or okinawa diet are apparently both ideal

you can also buy bacteria supplements but i talked to a doctor and apparenlty this only legit when

1. you just had an antiobiotica therapy
2. you got your shit analysed and you have remote idea what bacterias u are missing. because its not only important what kind of bacterias you have but in what relation they are to each other aka certain bakterias are good but not if you have too much of them

eating healthy including a lot of fibers is probably the best you can do.

eg mediterranean or okinawa diet are apparently both ideal

you can also buy bacteria supplements but i talked to a doctor and apparenlty this only legit when

1. you just had an antiobiotica therapy
2. you got your shit analysed and you have remote idea what bacterias u are missing. because its not only important what kind of bacterias you have but in what relation they are to each other aka certain bakterias are good but not if you have too much of them

didn't know you can test your microbiome in gut

Do you know how is the test called?

You got it done yourself?

@Afrikancel tbh:feelscry:

just lol if you dont eat healthy to gutmax
just lol if you dont eat healthy to gutmax

• +1
Reactions: Eclipse