Reminder to not bulk

EckhartTollemaxx

EckhartTollemaxx

The power of now
If you're natty just don't bulk. Your body doesn't even recover that much faster from eating a high surplus of calories and ypu'll just get fat.

Muscular and fat is useless for attraction or aesthetics.

The goal of natty gymmaxxing should be to get as muscular as possible while staying lean and choosing leanness over extra muscle, focusing on bideltoid width.

AzZpLYa

This is what happens to many whem bulking and then they cut, losing most of the gains.

• +1
Reactions: poloralf, Copemaxxing, Deleted member 9090 and 4 others
You can’t get big without caloric surplus.
Caloric surplus= bulking

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slendercel, ScramFranklin, Deleted member 5081 and 2 others
lean is life

• +1
Reactions: karbo, ConspiracyTheory, WadlowMaxxing and 4 others
i want to get big without sacrificing lean face why is every looks max a looksmin

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx
Caloric surplus= bulking
That's a misconception. Your muscles will recover even in a deficit. But to get really big you most likely need to eat a small surplus, still nothing justifies eating mcdonalds to bulk.

Eating clean until not hungry is the way to go.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
That's a misconception. Your muscles will recover even in a deficit. But to get really big you most likely need to eat a small surplus, still nothing justifies eating mcdonalds to bulk.

Eating clean until not hungry is the way to go.
It goes without saying that you have to eat clean

• +1
I agree, bulking was always strange to me, even before going to the gym.

I assume people do it to fake progress (they are gaining weight but its mostly fat). Or they take advice from meatheads who actually need to eat 3000kcal a day.

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing and EckhartTollemaxx
It goes without saying that you have to eat clean
r u stupid? eating clean or eating dirty, if ur eating the same amount of calories it wont change anything

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slendercel, ScramFranklin, EckhartTollemaxx and 1 other person
clean eating is a meme if u wanna get big

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 643 and uranio
r u stupid? eating clean or eating dirty, if ur eating the same amount of calories it wont change anything
greycel tier autism, gtfo

you can build muscle on a maintenance or a slight deficit fine, your body is constantly breaking (aka losing) and making new muscle tissue.

There is no magical timer you can turn on when you start bulking, where it's perma gains.

Just because you can build muscle faster in a surplus doesn't mean you should

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and uranio
You look good. Just do a mini cut if you don’t like your body.

I have been natty leaning for months already, right now on albuterol+caffeine+HGH. Im roiding+lean bulking in a couple weeks, i hope i don't break my bones.
Nattys should at least take albuterol, caffeine, HGH and T3, those have almost no sides if you are a normal person or very short and mild shutdown period (T3).
If you want to be lean better eat mostly protein all your meals.

Last edited:

I assume people do it to fake progress (they are gaining weight but its mostly fat). Or they take advice from meatheads who actually need to eat 3000kcal a day.
When you are 6'3 and weigh 70kg you absolutely NEED to bulk. There is no such thing as "lean gains" or "gain on maintenance calories" or you will forever be a lanklet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4213

I need to eat 3.5k cals a day just for maintenance...

Fast metabolism sucks.

• So Sad
When you are 6'3 and weigh 70kg you absolutely NEED to bulk. There is no such thing as "lean gains" or "gain on maintenance calories" or you will forever be a lanklet.
A slight surplus is good and maybe necessary but full on bulking is just stupid.
Noob gains can easily be made while staying lean.

It's only after the noob gains stage that any surplus is necessary really. Of course genetics plays a part here.

On roids you can gain on a deficit, a lot of it is hormonal and based on your metabolism.

I think I vaguely remember your rating thread... aren't you like 6'4 and 100kg? Or I am thinking of someone else? That surely needs 4k cal+ to maintain?!

I need to eat 3.5k cals a day just for maintenance...

Fast metabolism sucks.

Unfortunate, having a high metabolism does mog having a slow one though. Atleast you can eat alot without getting fat.

tbh I need to be counting kcal, I have a high metabolism and I made barely any muscle gains since starting (its only been 3 months though, I have gotten stronger so thats something).

I think I vaguely remember your rating thread... aren't you like 6'4 and 100kg? Or I am thinking of someone else? That surely needs 4k cal+ to maintain?!

Nah thats not me, I think I commented on somebodies thread with those stats.

Im 6ft 3 and 77kg. My resting kcal is like 1800 or something but I eat more then that daily.

Im 6ft 3 and 77kg. My resting kcal is like 1800 or something but I eat more then that daily.

You are UK though, right? Gyms closed rn.I feel deflated both mentally and physically, can't get back to home gym for at least another few weeks while I am at uni...

Apparently you start losing muscle after week 3 of inactivity...

• +1

I'm close to 6'3 (190cm) and dirty bulked up to 95kg from 68kg.
This is how I look today at 95kg. Take from that what you wish.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: nkpfgensgkl;smges, Kmscurry, EckhartTollemaxx and 1 other person

View attachment 810861

Mirin bro, I need to eat more but I dont believe in the dirty bulk. I recognise that drity bulking works but putting on fat then losing it again sounds like alot of effort. Clean bulk is for me, even if my gains come slower.

How long for you to gain that weight?

View attachment 810861

Looks like a flattering angle. Ideally you'd be a lot leaner. Mirin bear mode though.

You are UK though, right? Gyms closed rn.I feel deflated both mentally and physically, can't get back to home gym for at least another few weeks while I am at uni...

Apparently you start losing muscle after week 3 of inactivity...

Im at a welsh uni atm so gyms reopened again last week. Gyms closing due to covid is brutal, I wish I had advice for you but I don't. I was going to do bodyweight excersises but I just rotted instead until the gyms reopened. Gym was my only cope so I felt just like you do now.

When the gyms closed in march that was fucking brutal because I just started to gymmaxx again. Atleast this second lockdown should be shorter then the first lockdown.

• +1
Reactions: Loud_Jock
Mirin bro, I need to eat more but I dont believe in the dirty bulk. I recognise that drity bulking works but putting on fat then losing it again sounds like alot of effort. Clean bulk is for me, even if my gains come slower.

How long for you to gain that weight?
80% of it in the first two years then the rest slowly the following two years. Never did a cut or any cardio so it was all from lifting. It did however make my midsection a bit thick but I got it under control now. I also quit smoking during all this which made my weight go up further.

• +1
Looks like a flattering angle. Ideally you'd be a lot leaner. Mirin bear mode though.
Yeah I've stopped gaining now. My midsection got too thick. Scared to cut tbh not keen on losing muscles as it was hard to fill out the frame in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
Im at a welsh uni atm so gyms reopened again last week. Gyms closing due to covid is brutal, I wish I had advice for you but I don't. I was going to do bodyweight excersises but I just rotted instead until the gyms reopened. Gym was my only cope so I felt just like you do now.

When the gyms closed in march that was fucking brutal because I just started to gymmaxx again. Atleast this second lockdown should be shorter then the first lockdown.

Yup, it's especially bad for me because body halo is all I got going. My face has been rated 4.5 - 5psl so really need to maintain physique one way or another to stand a chance with hypergamy getting as bad as it is...

• +1
Idk tbh my face got shit while bulking but I finally get the respect I deserve now from people just cause of bulking :( my bideltoid fucking increased a lot and I look way bigger. I still dont know if I should cut :(

View attachment 810861
Miring genetics. I'd be fat as fuck if i dirty bulked.

In general, if fat is easy to gain as it is for most, then bulking makes no sense.

But if your body doesn't store a lot of fat, then the caloric surplus can be greater. There's a lot of individual variation.

Being skinny really if you don't have wide bone shoulders and a small head

Just roidmax

• +1
What factors influence metabolic rate the mosy, aside from genetics?

Testosterone levels?

Thyroid (TSH)?

Diet, exercise routine,etc,...?

Caloric surplus= bulking

Cap. The only things you need to build muscle is water, protein and stimulus. You CAN build muscle in a deficit, but it's not optimal for people wanting faster results as carbs hold more water so contribute to more size and it's harder to lift without carbs in general until you get used to it and most people don't go through with it.

• +1
Reactions: everydayfun
Listen here you pathetic pack of pussies. In order to gain thick muscle and size, unless you're on the juice, you need to lift heavy. In order to lift heavy consistently and progress you need to eat in a surplus. You can of course work out in the morning when you have not eaten for a while, but you are still using reserves from stored energy. Working out heavy and often while in a caloric deficit or in ketosis will burn you the fuck out. You're not gonna be able to deadlift 400lbs if you are a twink. Deadlifting heavy using proper form is not only safer than repping lesser weight 15 times a set, it's also requiring you to activate every muscle fiber that could possibly help in order for you to get the weight off the floor, this is what will make you dense, juicy and tight. Then you can cut

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Loud_Jock, Kmscurry and 1 other person
Cap. The only things you need to build muscle is water, protein and stimulus. You CAN build muscle in a deficit, but it's not optimal for people wanting faster results as carbs hold more water so contribute to more size and it's harder to lift without carbs in general until you get used to it and most people don't go through with it.

this is the only right answer, do people here even lift? this should be looksmaxing 101...

• +1
Reactions: MedMaxxing
Bulking is fine just don't get over 15% bodyfat and eat clean, you need a SMALL surplus just not 400 extra cals a day unless you're juiced to the gills or have amazing genetics. The bodybuilding blackpill is that most guys don't have the genetics to get jacked and lean, you're better off just staying lean with some muscle vs being a bloatlord.