Results after 3 weeks of Astaxanthin 12mg high quality supplements

It's kinda orange with hints of pink, similar to Arvid's colouring in that gif
do you tan/go in the sun at all or is this all from the diet no sun exposure?

do you tan/go in the sun at all or is this all from the diet no sun exposure?
I wear spf 50 because I'm using tretinoin (you become extra sensitive to the sun if you use retin-a) but I was out in the sun on the weekend and caught a bit of it, I don't actively tan or sunbathe at all tbh I think collagenmaxxing and carotenoidmaxxing is more important plus I live in the northern hemisphere so it's hard to depend on tanning consistently

• +1
Reactions: JihadChad and Good_Little_Goy
I wear spf 50 because I'm using tretinoin (you become extra sensitive to the sun if you use retin-a) but I was out in the sun on the weekend and caught a bit of it, I don't actively tan or sunbathe at all tbh I think collagenmaxxing and carotenoidmaxxing is more important plus I live in the northern hemisphere so it's hard to depend on tanning consistently
like do you have the ability to develop a tan from being in the sun?

tanning as well? that proves it. He already had the tanning genetics. I would want those results from taking the supplements alone as they have no effect on your ability to tan, which is what im lacking. (i get freckles) Only time i ever managed to get a tan was 2.5 weeks in the Bahamas during the summer where I was in the sun and water for 5+ hours a day every single day. (I did use sunscreen)
he said himself that beta carotene had a big effect on his complexion and gave him a more orange/gold glow, regardless of his tan he would have seen a similar colour

beta carotene is cheap as fuck

• +1
Reactions: GigaMogger
he said himself that beta carotene had a big effect on his complexion and gave him a more orange/gold glow, regardless of his tan he would have seen a similar colour

beta carotene is cheap as fuck

money is no concern but i hate taking pills and i still dont want to waste money on stuff that is useless. they also say beta carotene supps are tough on the liver

money is no concern but i hate taking pills and i still dont want to waste money on stuff that is useless. they also say beta carotene supps are tough on the liver
The liver side effects are made up, you only convert enough to vitamin a that you need, doses of up to 300mg have been used without toxic side effects, not a single recorded case of hypervitaminotosis from beta carotene recorded which is why carotenosis is a benign condition.

if money isnt a concern then try it honestly, you may see results you may not, i heard some people on .me talking about apparently they isolated the gene that affects how much of it enters your skin, so you can get lucky or not.

dont buy pills even just eat loads of carrots

• +1
Intakes of more than 25,000 IU/day for over 6 years, or more than 100,000 IU/day for over 6 months are considered toxic

IMO, don't go over 50,000 IU/day, and when you use beta carotene for a few months, you can lower the dosage or just stop using it as it will take a couple months for the glow to go away.

1st month - 50,000 iu/day
2nd month - 25,000 iu/day
3rd month - 25,000 iu/day
4th month - break
5th month - break
Then repeat 2nd to 5th month process, this should give you a year round glow without the liver problems, every 6 months to a year get your liver checked doe, just in case

• +1
is there any advantage?
No just because he said he hates swallowing pills.

in fact taking beta carotene in supplement form has been shown to yield 10 fold higher plasma concentrations than eating it through diet. This should (not sure tbh) result in more amounts in skin than eating carrots.

• Love it
Reactions: hairyballscel
No just because he said he hates swallowing pills.

in fact taking beta carotene in supplement form has been shown to yield 10 fold higher plasma concentrations than eating it through diet. This should (not sure tbh) result in more amounts in skin than eating carrots.
ahhh ok, have you taken BC?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
ahhh ok, have you taken BC?
Yeah its good, only shows up properly in certain lighting though, can’t replace a tan in that way, for later hours and indoors the glow is solid though

• +1
source on this? I have seen evidence contradicting it.
Penniston K. L. and Tanumihardjo S. A. The acute and chronic toxic effects of vitamin A

Chronic toxicity results from the ingestion of high amounts of preformed vitamin A for months or years. Daily intakes of > 25 000 IU for > 6 y and > 100,000 IU for > 6 mo are considered toxic, but there is wide interindividual variability for the lowest intake required to elicit toxicity

Penniston K. L. and Tanumihardjo S. A. The acute and chronic toxic effects of vitamin A

Chronic toxicity results from the ingestion of high amounts of preformed vitamin A for months or years. Daily intakes of > 25 000 IU for > 6 y and > 100,000 IU for > 6 mo are considered toxic, but there is wide interindividual variability for the lowest intake required to elicit toxicity
that is preformed vitamin A, BC is provitamin A

its not toxic honestly, the worry is about how much oxidative damage (if any) it could cause to your cells

• Woah
that is preformed vitamin A, BC is provitamin A

its not toxic honestly, the worry is about how much oxidative damage (if any) it could cause to your cells

ohh okay, my bad then.

is there any way to prevent the possible oxidative damage?

Yeah its good, only shows up properly in certain lighting though, can’t replace a tan in that way, for later hours and indoors the glow is solid though
i have a mulatto colour, is there a point of using BC?

i have a mulatto colour, is there a point of using BC?
Look up the studies on BC in melinated skin, dont remember what they say tbh, imo yes but results might not be visible in the same way

• +1
Look up the studies on BC in melinated skin, dont remember what they say tbh, imo yes but results might not be visible in the same way
that only had dark skin guys doe, im lightskin, oh well i already bought it so i'll use it anyway
thanks for the info doe

• +1
ohh okay, my bad then.

is there any way to prevent the possible oxidative damage?
Not that I know of, i dont even know if it will cause any, BC is an antioxident and its typically bad to take too many antioxidants, but i have found no mention of high doses of beta carotene causing that type of damage, i dont think it will tbh more vitamins like vit E.

it doesnt seem to be a concern when they prescribe 300mg a day for light disorders, and there have been many studies where they are taking 100,000IU or 50mg for years and decades at a time where no side effects are noted.

theres some speculation that high doses of BC might interfere with the way your body handles vitamin A, but the researchers behind this explicitly dont advise not taking high doses.

personally im not worried about any side effects from taking the amount i need.

• +1
Not that I know of, i dont even know if it will cause any, BC is an antioxident and its typically bad to take too many antioxidants, but i have found no mention of high doses of beta carotene causing that type of damage, i dont think it will tbh more vitamins like vit E.

it doesnt seem to be a concern when they prescribe 300mg a day for light disorders, and there have been many studies where they are taking 100,000IU or 50mg for years and decades at a time where no side effects are noted.

theres some speculation that high doses of BC might interfere with the way your body handles vitamin A, but the researchers behind this explicitly dont advise not taking high doses.

personally im not worried about any side effects from taking the amount i need.
thanks, lifefuel tbh

• +1
@Good_Little_Goy @hairyballscel

I just ordered a powdered form of beta carotene off amazon. Gets good reviews and that solved the pill problem.

• Love it
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and hairyballscel

I just ordered a powdered form of beta carotene off amazon. Gets good reviews and that solved the pill problem.
good luck bro

• +1

Hopefully it works well for you bro, id say start at 30mg-50,000IU but take double that if you want.

if youre concerned about the safety, read my posts, toxicity is not a concern in the slightest

• +1
  • +1
Hopefully it works well for you bro, id say start at 30mg-50,000IU but take double that if you want.

if youre concerned about the safety, read my posts, toxicity is not a concern in the slightest
How long before you noticed a skin color effect at 50,000 IU?

• +1
How long before you noticed a skin color effect at 50,000 IU?
I started on 30,000IU and changed the dosage sporadically, dont remember exwctly what to, started really seeing changes around the 2 month mark, give it 3 months to see your final colour

I started on 30,000IU and changed the dosage sporadically, dont remember exwctly what to, started really seeing changes around the 2 month mark, give it 3 months to see your final colour
3 months? holy gigashit might have to just OD on 10 grams a day

• +1
3 months? holy gigashit might have to just OD on 10 grams a day
It has to build up, takes a while tbf can be annoying, beta carotene is fat soluble btw so you need to take it alongside a meal with some fat content in

No. Supplements are worthless and this whole industry needs to die. It is lifestyle that is king. Maybe protein supplements if you are poor/on a budget (the least bad solution but still bad). All vitamin/mineral supplements are absolutely garbage. Maybe melatonin if you have sleep issues. I am having legitimate laughing spells when I see posts on supplements even though I never post about it because I dont have time
Dumbest post I‘ve read today. Supplements are just nutrients, supposed to supplement your diet with if it is deficient in certain (micro)nutrients (which applies to the majority of people to some degree). If you are one of the rare ones who manage to commit to a reasonable diet and lifestyle long term, good for you. If anything, the most useless supplement one could possibly buy is protein powders. That‘s indeed a huge scam. Not saying that you need a huge medicine chest full of A-Z supplements, but only the nutrients you actually are deficient in. For me, those were ascorbic acid, riboflavin, magnesium and vitamin D. I had chronic bronchoconstriction for years and could barely breathe until I fixed my vitamin D levels.
Also other health problems - allegedly incurable, regarding to the docs - which turned out to be driven primarily by a pathetic vitamin C deficiency (collagen synthesis). Med-free for four years while they keep doing clinical studies for useless drugs that will never give you the quality of life in terms of health and freedom I have now.

Keep reading your studies and let others take action.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, BrickTop and GigaMogger
Dumbest post I‘ve read today. Supplements are just nutrients, supposed to supplement your diet with if it is deficient in certain (micro)nutrients (which applies to the majority of people to some degree). If you are one of the rare ones who manage to commit to a reasonable diet and lifestyle long term, good for you. If anything, the most useless supplement one could possibly buy is protein powders. That‘s indeed a huge scam. Not saying that you need a huge medicine chest full of A-Z supplements, but only the nutrients you actually are deficient in. For me, those were ascorbic acid, riboflavin, magnesium and vitamin D. I had chronic bronchoconstriction for years and could barely breathe until I fixed my vitamin D levels.
Also other health problems - allegedly incurable, regarding to the docs - which turned out to be driven primarily by a pathetic vitamin C deficiency (collagen synthesis). Med-free for four years while they keep doing clinical studies for useless drugs that will never give you the quality of life in terms of health and freedom I have now.

How do you figure out what you are deficient in?

How do you figure out what you are deficient in?
Reading, learning from past experiences, listening to your body more, luck and trial and error. Tbh, I found most of these things out by accident, when I found that these things worked for conditions I had almost given up trying to find a solution for. But DrTony is right about one thing: diet and lifestyle comes first

• +1
Reading, learning from past experiences, listening to your body more, luck and trial and error. Tbh, I found most of these things out by accident, when I found that these things worked for conditions I had almost given up trying to find a solution for. But DrTony is right about one thing: diet and lifestyle comes first
thoughts on multi vitamin gummies?

so its pointless taking them? whats wrong with them?
The question is, why do you want to take it? To prevent possible deficiencies? For that you should look at your diet first imo

Can you give me any clinical trial studies or high quality research in high impact journals? Or you take stuff because of hearsay and hope for the best?

ps. I wont even comment on the unscrupulous and unregulated nature of the supplement industry.
So what about calcium+vitd docs prescribe with, for example, forsteo? Just a scam? forsteo scam too? how the fuck do they test the efficacy of forsteo if not with a graded dose of calcium+vitd3 supplement?

Tag me in the thread when you make it pls brah

I've been lycopenemaxxing for years, I use two tubes of tomato puree mixed with minced beef multiple times a week as well as adding tinned tomatoes to almost everything I can.

Lycopene is more bioavailable when it's broken down and cooked for long periods so tomato puree (ideally double concentrate) is best

Also it's fat soluble (all carotenoids are) so consume it with some fat

I have the 'orange glow' people are supposed to get from beta carotene even though I barely consume carrots or take beta carotene supplements
Here we cook pasta and add grinded meat cooked on tomato puree, just what you are talking about. Traditional cooking beats everything.

• Love it
works for me. will soon use betakaroten too

Now that I think about it I better trust an anecdotal post in an obscure incel forum which holds more weight than a bunch of randomized double blind clinical studies enrolling thousands of people and analyzed with statistical rigor.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
The question is, why do you want to take it? To prevent possible deficiencies? For that you should look at your diet first imo
Basically as a precaution if I was deficient in anything. (i dont eat plain vegetables that much). My parents have them so i wouldnt be buying them they are already there

I’ve been taking like 50mg a day of astaxanthin for 3 months now and nothing

but beta carotene seriously works like a charm give it a try

i have a thread on lycopene and how to use it to get redder skin coming up, that might be good.
please make this

I've never seen someone post a before/after picture of a beta carotene or astaxanthin tan so I'm starting to think it's mostly bullshit.

1a3926914c81611704e8bbff50f22660.jpg

my results. this was four weeks of 60K IU supplements, i'm currently eating raw carrots with butter, gymcelling, taking 10 mg of lycopen, and 8 mg of astaxanthin for even better coloring.

• Woah
Reactions: SexyMofo
Great results, do you think the lycopen has made a big difference?
pics were from beta carotene only. just started taking lycopen, i'll update sooner or later

• +1
Reactions: Autismmaxxed and SexyMofo
pics were from beta carotene only. just started taking lycopen, i'll update sooner or later
What brand of Beta Carotene are you using btw?