Retin-A vs Adapalene

Nerfmonk

Nerfmonk

Iron
Im thinking about switching from Epiduo (adapalene) to Retin-A for collagen and anti acne.

Is the switch worth it?

Yea bro retin A mogs

Im thinking about switching from Epiduo (adapalene) to Retin-A for collagen and anti acne.

Is the switch worth it?

I literally was in the exact same shoes as you. I was on Epiduo from Oct 2019 but made the switch to Retin-A 6 weeks ago. For the first 3 weeks, I purged on the cheeks, temples, philtrum, chin and under the jaw. Now on week 6 I have stopped purging everywhere except for just above the upper lips. On Epiduo the purge was much shorter and the results were immediate but it was always irritating for me. Retin-A (cream form) is less irritating (0.025% chin and upper lip area and 0.05% everywhere else). My collagen is definitely better on Retin-A but now I am hoping the hyperpigmentation fades from the recent purge. It is disheartening but I am in it for the long term with Retin-A.

• +1
Reactions: Nerfmonk
I literally was in the exact same shoes as you. I was on Epiduo from Oct 2019 but made the switch to Retin-A 6 weeks ago. For the first 3 weeks, I purged on the cheeks, temples, philtrum, chin and under the jaw. Now on week 6 I have stopped purging everywhere except for just above the upper lips. On Epiduo the purge was much shorter and the results were immediate but it was always irritating for me. Retin-A (cream form) is less irritating (0.025% chin and upper lip area and 0.05% everywhere else). My collagen is definitely better on Retin-A but now I am hoping the hyperpigmentation fades from the recent purge. It is disheartening but I am in it for the long term with Retin-A.
Exactly the kind of answer i wanted. Thank you