Running is so fucking pointless

IRL_Reject

IRL_Reject

Master
-makes you feel bad
-fucks up your joints
-is useless for burning calories unless you are david goggins
-unnecessary for health/mental stimulation, as walking does that while being easier on the body

Why the FUCK does anyone advocate for this literal nigger shit? Just fucking lift and walk.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Copeful, 5'7 zoomer, bloomercel and 2 others
:feelsbadman:

Attachments

• km_20240520-1_360p_30f_20240520_013558.mp4
    3 MB
  • JFL
Reactions: whitepilledchad, 5'7 zoomer, bloomercel and 3 others
I personally do race walking

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Muh ancestors run After Animals for 20 kms broooo
They also died at 30 lmao

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and IRL_Reject
t.powershitter

Cycling mogs

• +1
Reactions: IRL_Reject
5c8ef565e702858ce3a59b4d5deee585.jpg

How does it make you feel bad? I run solely cause it makes me feel better. If I don't my blood starts to feel stale. And I walk heaps. Not the same. Need to oxygenate the blood with exercise, running does that better than anything and makes you fit. Also a natural movement and far less strain on the joints and body compared to unnaturally lifting heavy weights.

How does it make you feel bad? I run solely cause it makes me feel better. If I don't my blood starts to feel stale. And I walk heaps. Not the same. Need to oxygenate the blood with exercise, running does that better than anything and makes you fit. Also a natural movement and far less strain on the joints and body compared to unnaturally lifting heavy weights.
If I run fast/sprint I feel out of breath, low on glycogen, worn out and like death.
If I run long distance I feel tired, my knees feel inflamed, and I am bored as hell for like an hour.

If I run fast/sprint I feel out of breath, low on glycogen, worn out and like death.
If I run long distance I feel tired, my knees feel inflamed, and I am bored as hell for like an hour.

Have you tried a middle approach?

Muh ancestors run After Animals for 20 kms broooo
They also died at 30 lmao
Ancestors walked and sprinted. All evidence shows that they didn’t do endurance runs, rather walking and sprinting as almost any animal we hunt can outrun us for long distances, ie. sprint when you encircle or surprise an animal.

• JFL
Reactions: romanstock
Also running is way more stressful on the joints than lifting dude. Doing a squat for example, the joints are taking very little force compared to the impact of slamming your foot into the ground. The forces on your joints are 7-10 times your body weight while running, while the forces on your joints squatting are only as much as you can squat. Maybe 3x bodyweight if you are insanely strong

running was popularized by the olympic sprints, irl running isn't necessary. you build the necessary cardio, stamina, bone density, tendon strength, etc by doing things you are most likely to do in everyday life, which is walk, up and down hills, picking thing up and putting them down. gymceling has more utility than running.

• +1
Reactions: IRL_Reject
Ancestors walked and sprinted. All evidence shows that they didn’t do endurance runs, rather walking and sprinting as almost any animal we hunt can outrun us for long distances, ie. sprint when you encircle or surprise an animal.

Total opposite is true, we hunted long distance. Poison speartip by the waterhole, chased it down until it flagged. Still done in Africa today. Humans are the greatest long distance runners of any animal because of this.

Total opposite is true, we hunted long distance. Poison speartip by the waterhole, chased it down until it flagged. Still done in Africa today. Humans are the greatest long distance runners of any animal because of this.
iirc very few tribes in africa do long distance run hunts. There is only one group of people I can think of that actually does this, and it's incredibly inefficient. Most humans developed far more effective strategies, like ambushes, chasing prey off of a large cliff, use of distance weapons like the atlatl in plains areas, bow in forested areas. Many walk to track the animals, but I don't believe they are runnin after
them constantly.

running was popularized by the olympic sprints, irl running isn't necessary. you build the necessary cardio, stamina, bone density, tendon strength, etc by doing things you are most likely to do in everyday life, which is walk, up and down hills, picking thing up and putting them down. gymceling has more utility than running.
yeah, can agree with this, and in my experience gymcelling has far less negative impact on the body as well.

Sprinting is s
There’s studies on this, what you’re referring to is persistance hunting which is far less effective than intermittent running. The Hadza use intermittent running, which involves slower paced movement, with bursts of sprinting. Only lesser beings lacking in intelligence relied purely on endurance.

• +1
Reactions: teefight and IRL_Reject
Sprinting is s

There’s studies on this, what you’re referring to is persistance hunting which is far less effective than intermittent running. The Hadza use intermittent running, which involves slower paced movement, with bursts of sprinting. Only lesser beings lacking in intelligence relied purely on endurance.
I think most predators are this way. Short bursts of energy to kill, either waiting for prey to tire itself out or ambushing it.

-makes you feel bad
-fucks up your joints
-unnecessary for health/mental stimulation, as walking does that while being easier on the body

Why the FUCK does anyone advocate for this literal nigger shit? Just fucking lift and walk.
T. Fat ass

Running is love. Running is life.

-makes you feel bad
-fucks up your joints

running only hurts ur joints if u don’t run often bc running makes ur joints stronger

Running makes you high energy bc it’s the best exercise for cardio

jump rope and sprinting mogs