SAW PALMETTO vs FIN

Kroker

Kroker

Unfazed
320mg saw palmetto extract?

Anyone who took SP and got benefits?

I saw many DHT Blocker vitamins reviews on Amazon and some claim that they got some regrowth?

Thoughts?

I'm witnessing an increase in Fin threads lately here... Also r/tressless was 20k last year now it's over 100k follower.

• Woah
Reactions: Pumanator
Saw palmetto = cope
Fin = not cope

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19642, Moggedbyevery1, Germania and 2 others
Saw palmetto = cope
Fin = not cope
What if someone's body is different and reacts to it positively?

People have mentioned they got sides similar to fin sides while on it. Even on Amazon reviews.

What if someone's body is different and reacts to it positively?

People have mentioned they got sides similar to fin sides while on it. Even on Amazon reviews.
Basically it's because DHT inhibitors usually work well in small doses too. Meaning that 1mg of fin may block 70% of DHT but 0.5 mg will block 50% and 5 mg won't block much more than 80%.
Also, I think fin and saw palmetto block different types of DHT (there are 3 types). I think you should stick with fin and aim for smaller doses and take it every other day eventually if you are scared of side effects. Also, if you really want to stick to a natural substance I think astaxanthin is better.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker
Why not both?

Basically it's because DHT inhibitors usually work well in small doses too. Meaning that 1mg of fin may block 70% of DHT but 0.5 mg will block 50% and 5 mg won't block much more than 80%.
Also, I think fin and saw palmetto block different types of DHT (there are 3 types). I think you should stick with fin and aim for smaller doses and take it every other day eventually if you are scared of side effects. Also, if you really want to stick to a natural substance I think astaxanthin is better.
Isn't astaxanthin is used for skin as (anti aging?

Astaxanthin daily dose is 5mg right?

The problem is there is no 1mg finasteride here... Only 5mg the lowest I can cut it into is 6 prices which gives 0.86 each piece.

I already take it EOD but I'm getting insomnia as a side effect...

If I had the 1mg version I would dose 0.25 EOD so ofcourse there will be difference from 0.86 to 0.25...

Idk what to do?!

Isn't astaxanthin is used for skin as (anti aging?

Astaxanthin daily dose is 5mg right?

The problem is there is no 1mg finasteride here... Only 5mg the lowest I can cut it into is 6 prices which gives 0.86 each piece.

I already take it EOD but I'm getting insomnia as a side effect...

If I had the 1mg version I would dose 0.25 EOD so ofcourse there will be difference from 0.86 to 0.25...

Idk what to do?!
Idk someone posted studies on here about astaxanthin blocking DHT, plus it's good for your skin so it seems better than SP. Where do you live? Ideally you should use topical fin mixed with minoxidil if you have access to that

• +1
Idk someone posted studies on here about astaxanthin blocking DHT, plus it's good for your skin so it seems better than SP. Where do you live? Ideally you should use topical fin mixed with minoxidil if you have access to that
Never applying Minoxdil that shit gave me dark circles and heart palpitations...

I wish this subhuman country sells 1mg fin... I want to be on 0.25 EOD instead of 0.83mg...

@Tenshi what do you think?

Fin dose of 0.83mg gives me insomnia... And I can't find 1mg fin here so I will be able to dose 0.25 instead of 0.83mg...

I cut 5mg proscar into 6 pieces

• +1
Reactions: Tenshi
@Tenshi what do you think?

Fin dose of 0.83mg gives me insomnia... And I can't find 1mg fin here so I will be able to dose 0.25 instead of 0.83mg...

I cut 5mg proscar into 6 pieces
there are some studies on saw palmetto showing mild results in a short term but I don't think it's a good substitute for a drug in a way designed to fight hair loss. if you want to, you could use it with fin, not as an alternative

also, are you sure you getting those sides from fin? Inmsonia has way too many causes.

As for the dosage, try taking this 0.83mg every other day instead.

there are some studies on saw palmetto showing mild results in a short term but I don't think it's a good substitute for a drug in a way designed to fight hair loss. if you want to, you could use it with fin, not as an alternative

also, are you sure you getting those sides from fin? Inmsonia has way too many causes.

As for the dosage, try taking this 0.83mg every other day instead.
I do take it EOD

This week I took it twice Friday and Thursday to expirement whether it causing me insomnia turns out yeah it does... When I took it yesterday I only slept 6hrs and woke up tired...

I'm so sad tbh

Saw palmetto = cope
Fin = not cope
Haircafe on his youtube channel talks about why saw palmetto, astaxanthin and other "natural" 5aR inhibitors are useless. They do have the same working mechanism as their drug counterparts, like finasteride or dutasteride, but they are way weaker than those. In order to halt androgenic alopecia, a certain amount of DHT inhibition is needed. Iirc saw palmetto decreases DHT conversion by like 10-15%, while the amount needed for an effect on hair is over 50%, which is only possible to achieve with drugs.

• +1
Reactions: jfcage
I do take it EOD

This week I took it twice Friday and Thursday to expirement whether it causing me insomnia turns out yeah it does... When I took it yesterday I only slept 6hrs and woke up tired...

I'm so sad tbh

So:
Plasma half life of finasteride is 6-8 hours and tissue binding is 4-5 days.[5]

There would still be finasteride in your body even throughout the days you slept normally while not taking it. You're probably just giving yourself a nocebo effect.

• +1
So:

There would still be finasteride in your body even throughout the days you slept normally while not taking it. You're probably just giving yourself a nocebo effect.
Yeah, exactly. It's over for him if he can't take 2 of the safest drugs on the market (fin or min).

• +1
Reactions: Tenshi and Kroker
Yeah, exactly. It's over for him if he can't take 2 of the safest drugs on the market (fin or min).
Idk wtf is wrong with my subhuman genes... Can't handle 2.49mg fin a week LMAO

Idk wtf is wrong with my subhuman genes... Can't handle 2.49mg fin a week LMAO
just stick with it and try to have an open mind

even if you really are getting sides, most of the studies show that sides go away with time once your body gets used to the compounds. It's like that with most drugs you take long term.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker and ErbCel

even if you really are getting sides, most of the studies show that sides go away with time once your body gets used to the compounds. It's like that with most drugs you take long term.
Worst case scenario OP can slowly up his dose

• Hmm...
Worst case scenario OP can slowly up his dose
Up what? Bro I literally having insomnia on 2.49mg EOD each dose 0.83mg

My subhuman shitty cum ridden country doesn't sell 1mg fin... If I can get it I will dose 0.25mg EOD which = 0.75 each week...

My month usage marks on 26-6... I'm already in a bad mood and feeling tired because of bad sleep...

Do you think I should push thro?

My month usage marks on 26-6... I'm already in a bad mood and feeling tired because of bad sleep...

Do you think I should push thro?
Yeah, you've been barely using it for two weeks and you're already there thinking your getting all kinds of sides. Just push through and see what happens. Give it three months at least.

You should also try to see other possible causes to your mood issues, it has probably nothing to do with fin, especially at such low dose.

• +1
Yeah, you've been barely using it for two weeks and you're already there thinking your getting all kinds of sides. Just push through and see what happens. Give it three months at least.

You should also try to see other possible causes to your mood issues, it has probably nothing to do with fin, especially at such low dose.
I mean bad mood because lack of good sleep nothing more.

Will see... I hope things get better with time.

Have you taken any antidepressants before? Aren't some sides of AD keep on while you still take the med? Like constipation?

What would make fin different and that the sides may decrease over time?

I mean bad mood because lack of good sleep nothing more.

Will see... I hope things get better with time.

Have you taken any antidepressants before? Aren't some sides of AD keep on while you still take the med? Like constipation?

What would make fin different and that the sides may decrease over time?
I've did take AD before, yes and no. Depends, AD work very differently from drugs like fin.

All my initial (actual, real side effects) issues went away with time, like teeth grinding whilst sleeping, excessive sweating and so on.

My libido got pretty messed up though and persisted, but that's because AD, especially SSRIs, target neurotransmitters and your neuroplasticity. Still, I'm on the statistical minority, most people don't keep sides after discontinuation.

They work in a completely different way from a drug like fin. "What would make fin different?" Well, it's a totally different drug, why it would be the same? Do you get permanent sides from taking aspirin?

Just stop trying to over analyzing those things and falling for fear mongering, I can see your mind is so focused on fin sides you're very likely giving yourself them.

• +1
I've did take AD before, yes and no. Depends, AD work very differently from drugs like fin.

All my initial (actual, real side effects) issues went away with time, like teeth grinding whilst sleeping, excessive sweating and so on.

My libido got pretty messed up though and persisted, but that's because AD, especially SSRIs, target neurotransmitters and your neuroplasticity. Still, I'm on the statistical minority, most people don't keep sides after discontinuation.

They work in a completely different way from a drug like fin. "What would make fin different?" Well, it's a totally different drug, why it would be the same? Do you get permanent sides from taking aspirin?

Just stop trying to over analyzing those things and falling for fear mongering, I can see your mind is so focused on fin sides you're very likely giving yourself them.
Thanks for the input

But with due respect no I'm not placebo the insomnia... First week I was happy but then I started to feel insomnia taking over my sleep... I go to the gym and took a warm shower but still slept like shit...

Previous to fin I used to sleep so good...

My only hope is that this side effect may subsides overtime and I can continue taking it...

What if things didn't get better and I had to quit due to sleep deprivation... What should I do next?

What if things didn't get better and I had to quit due to sleep deprivation... What should I do next?
Guess you'll have to wait and see