Scalp Advancement - The only solution for a big forehead

Procedure
Scalp advancement or forehead reduction is a surgical procedure where they cut your scalp open in order to reshape it and then sew it back
together. It takes 1-2 hours and stiches are off after a week.

Why you need it
Large foreheads/High hairlines can be detrimental for a mans confidence, looks and proportions. While hair grafting is a good option for people experiencing genetic alopecia, Scalp advancement is the superior choice for moving the hairline down on non balding candidates. Hair grafting can't achieve the same amount of density and can in some cases lead to unnatural results and long recovery times.

Its rare to find a non balding person who lowered their hairline over a centimeter with a transplant as 1. No good surgeon would perform it 2. Your natural forehead muscles could be in the way 3. You'd waste 3k grafts meaning if you start balding later on you're actually fucked.

With scalp advancement you can lower your hairline up to 3-4 cm if you're a perfect candidate which is impossible to do with any other surgery.

Requirements
Many men won't be candidates for this procedure as you can't be suffering from genetic alopecia or have family history of balding if you're not willing to get on
finasteride. You also need to be "Highly motivated" which everyone reading this most likely already is about looksmaxing.

Price and availability
Its not nearly as common as popular surgeries like Rhinoplasty, Hair grafting, Fillers or
Botox. This also means its less commercial and more expensive. Prices range from 7-10k for western surgeons and can go as low as 2k in turkey. The best surgeons are Dr. Jeffrey Epstein (Miami), Dr. Greg Bran (London) and Dr. Gal Aharonov (Los angeles).

Recovery Time
Unlike hair grafting the results are instant. However, you need to stay close to the clinic for at least a week while the stiches are healing, meaning you need to factor a long hotel stay into the price if you're traveling for the surgery. How well the scar heals will depend from person to person but should be presentable within 4-6 months. The major benefit with this is that you can come back to work as if nothing ever happened.

Personal experience
I had scalp advancement late november 2022 in London for $9k. The hairline was lowered 2,4 cm in the corners and 1,8 cm on the widows peak. My healing hasn't been perfect however quite a lot below average actually but with cc cream its not noticeable.

If i were to redo it i would go to the cheapest surgeon that uses modern techniques and then transplant over the scar for a fully seemless look. DO NOT go to someone you havent researched as there's some serious botches with 3cm long scars. This was performed in Poland:
View attachment 2440638

One of the benefits of doing scalp advancement combined with transplant later on is that it will open your doors for surgeons who would never perform on a young patient otherwise as its a repair procedure. If you're 18 like i was no good hair transplant doctor would perform on me but now every surgeon is willing to perform my frontal band but not the full design that i want. Might make another thread about my infra temple hair transplant ideas for defined cheekbones.

Before and after
View attachment 2440641View attachment 2440642

View attachment 2440657

Others before and afters:

This may be the last surgery I would get after fixing other issues I look good with bangs and my forehead already has a major scar so no point I just cover it up with hair

Thanks for making this thread i was torn between a forehead reduction and hair transplant im not receding but i dont like my sides hope i can lower hairline by 2.4cm i know it will be life changing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and LiterallyNightwing
over for your mental health.

Good thread, I have done the surgery in January 2021 and next week going to do the hair transplant to hide the scar and lower my hairline even more.

Aight in my opinion it’s BOTB worthy. But you need a majority vote or a veto by @enchanted_elixir
I can't veto anything that meets all of the requirements.

• +1
Reactions: emeraldglass
  • +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir and Deleted member 43403
I do that too, when in public

It's pretty uncomfortable, tho
Ppl seem to think i’m som deformed ogre when not jutting and its the number one argument for why i’m a fraud But 90% of my pics are non jutted lol especially side profiles.

Here’s unjutted vs jutted

IMG 3498
IMG 3497

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
  • JFL
Reactions: DelonLover1999
can u do it if you have high forehead muscle ?

What is your hairline's height after surgery?

Just get bangs holy fucking shit lmao

Procedure
Scalp advancement or forehead reduction is a surgical procedure where they cut your scalp open in order to reshape it and then sew it back
together. It takes 1-2 hours and stiches are off after a week.

Why you need it
Large foreheads/High hairlines can be detrimental for a mans confidence, looks and proportions. While hair grafting is a good option for people experiencing genetic alopecia, Scalp advancement is the superior choice for moving the hairline down on non balding candidates. Hair grafting can't achieve the same amount of density and can in some cases lead to unnatural results and long recovery times.

Its rare to find a non balding person who lowered their hairline over a centimeter with a transplant as 1. No good surgeon would perform it 2. Your natural forehead muscles could be in the way 3. You'd waste 3k grafts meaning if you start balding later on you're actually fucked.

With scalp advancement you can lower your hairline up to 3-4 cm if you're a perfect candidate which is impossible to do with any other surgery.

Requirements
Many men won't be candidates for this procedure as you can't be suffering from genetic alopecia or have family history of balding if you're not willing to get on
finasteride. You also need to be "Highly motivated" which everyone reading this most likely already is about looksmaxing.

Price and availability
Its not nearly as common as popular surgeries like Rhinoplasty, Hair grafting, Fillers or
Botox. This also means its less commercial and more expensive. Prices range from 7-10k for western surgeons and can go as low as 2k in turkey. The best surgeons are Dr. Jeffrey Epstein (Miami), Dr. Greg Bran (London) and Dr. Gal Aharonov (Los angeles).

Recovery Time
Unlike hair grafting the results are instant. However, you need to stay close to the clinic for at least a week while the stiches are healing, meaning you need to factor a long hotel stay into the price if you're traveling for the surgery. How well the scar heals will depend from person to person but should be presentable within 4-6 months. The major benefit with this is that you can come back to work as if nothing ever happened.

Personal experience
I had scalp advancement late november 2022 in London for $9k. The hairline was lowered 2,4 cm in the corners and 1,8 cm on the widows peak. My healing hasn't been perfect however quite a lot below average actually but with cc cream its not noticeable.

If i were to redo it i would go to the cheapest surgeon that uses modern techniques and then transplant over the scar for a fully seemless look. DO NOT go to someone you havent researched as there's some serious botches with 3cm long scars. This was performed in Poland:
View attachment 2440638

One of the benefits of doing scalp advancement combined with transplant later on is that it will open your doors for surgeons who would never perform on a young patient otherwise as its a repair procedure. If you're 18 like i was no good hair transplant doctor would perform on me but now every surgeon is willing to perform my frontal band but not the full design that i want. Might make another thread about my infra temple hair transplant ideas for defined cheekbones.

Before and after
View attachment 2440641View attachment 2440642

View attachment 2440657

Others before and afters:

how did you afford that btw?

Wow

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
Wouldn't this just tighten the skin around the forehead, causing balding
It may cause temporary thinning and hair loss, but in general the hairs grow back after a few months.

It may cause temporary thinning and hair loss, but in general the hairs grow back after a few months.
Balding patterns follow patterns where the head stretches i believe, this would probably cause long term effects id imagine

• Hmm...
Reactions: Fiqh
I'm month 3 of hairline transplant for temples and temple points. I am starting to wish I had done scalp advancement first since transplant could've covered scar. The normie advice online is scalp advancement is bad or unneeded.
My hairline is now straight and about 4 fingers height maybe slightly less but I'm still not super happy with it due to convex skull shape.
I'm looking at haircut inspo and I can tell I'd have ascended way more if it was just a 1-3 cm lower.

My temple points now aren't bad but from front view they don't look great due to width of forehead and slightly bulging temporalis muscle, maybe i could get botox on temporalis.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I'm month 3 of hairline transplant for temples and temple points. I am starting to wish I had done scalp advancement first since transplant could've covered scar. The normie advice online is scalp advancement is bad or unneeded.
My hairline is now straight and about 4 fingers height maybe slightly less but I'm still not super happy with it due to convex skull shape.
I'm looking at haircut inspo and I can tell I'd have ascended way more if it was just a 1-3 cm lower.

My temple points now aren't bad but from front view they don't look great due to width of forehead and slightly bulging temporalis muscle, maybe i could get botox on temporalis.
Post pics onto forum, make this place better.

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh
need this for frontal bossed cranium

Did anyone except arvid get it?

Damn they moved it back here :(

@MakinItHappen they also removed your Gutmaxxing guide. :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:

Yeah, they moved 66 threads back here.

Yeah they got rid of my neck one too and a philosophical one.

Lol, it's a doomer forum bro with no lifers. I'm not really offended. Their decision making is autistic, because they are autistic. This is what happens when you bring a bunch of people together that becomes a community build off of there being no culture. No one is a leader around here. It's just the blind leading the blind. @Master couldn't give a fuck. He's hiding in his cave from the BBC 24/7.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 43403

Please check pm's?

@LiterallyNightwing sorry if I insulted you earlier I was joking and respect you, you're just a funny interesting guy tbh (not saying this just for u to respond btw im being serious)

Last edited:
Thanks for making this thread i was torn between a forehead reduction and hair transplant im not receding but i dont like my sides hope i can lower hairline by 2.4cm i know it will be life changing
Any updates?

Last edited:
Please check pm's?

@LiterallyNightwing sorry if I insulted you earlier I was joking and respect you, you're just a funny interesting guy tbh (not saying this just for u to respond btw im being serious)
he's already gone dude

• So Sad
Reactions: reaper2 and Deleted member 19766
Blessed with a mogger hairline
Snapchat 2047801710  01

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: reaper2 and Deleted member 19766