Scleral show during puberty

JCaesar

JCaesar

ascend or rope
When I was a kid my eyes had pretty much no scleral show, I looked at pictures of when I was 13 and I seemed to have barely any scleral show only a very slight bit below my pupils. However I'm 15 now and I noticed my scleral show got way more noticeable (probably has been like that since last year or so)

What could have caused this and how to fix it?

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and Deleted member 1901
Recession

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker and JCaesar
Recession
I've been told I have type 2 overbite and overjet, idk if that could relate to it but my jaw is not recessed I think (my left side is a bit more recessed and flatter however I got scleral show on both eyes)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
you can fix it with lower eyelid retraction

• JFL
Reactions: VenatorLuparius and Deleted member 28414
Have you been rotting away at the computer? And what is your sleep looking like? I say this because I had scleral show in one eye for a bit due to 24/7 gaming and terrible sleep. It's completely gone now that I have been squinching, but I don't even squinch anymore. I used to be able to relax both eyes such that I could put an inch of white under each eye. But I should note, I have high and prominent cheekbones, so I have the support for it, but even I can induce the scleral show by sitting on the computer all day.

Try stimulating the muscles for a bit, get outside too, do all of this before looking at surgery. Even I was looking at eyelid retraction for my right eye, but the muscle theory made more sense than anything else, especially since nothing on my right side suggested one eye should be showing more than the other.

I was following this:

But honestly, just squinch 24/7 for a while (I took me 2 weeks) and my current resting position for my right eye is one without scleral show, and this through the entire day from morning till night.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deprived and Deleted member 26379
Have you been rotting away at the computer? And what is your sleep looking like? I say this because I had scleral show in one eye for a bit due to 24/7 gaming and terrible sleep. It's completely gone now that I have been squinching, but I don't even squinch anymore. I used to be able to relax both eyes such that I could put an inch of white under each eye. But I should note, I have high and prominent cheekbones, so I have the support for it, but even I can induce the scleral show by sitting on the computer all day.

Try stimulating the muscles for a bit, get outside too, do all of this before looking at surgery. Even I was looking at eyelid retraction for my right eye, but the muscle theory made more sense than anything else, especially since nothing on my right side suggested one eye should be showing more than the other.

I was following this:

But honestly, just squinch 24/7 for a while (I took me 2 weeks) and my current resting position for my right eye is one without scleral show, and this through the entire day from morning till night.
you got any before and after pics? appreciate this. mine isn't even that bad, I have days where I have a great eye area and days where my lower eyelid sorta droops and looks like shit. so perhaps implementing whatever you said will help a lot

Yeah I have the same issue. My lower eyelids used to be pretty good and they just went to shit after 13