Self-experiment: Can I consume tons of food and calories without gaining fat?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
As some of you may already know, I got iatrogenic botulism three months ago and for some unknown reason, it has melted my fat (and muscle also to an extent) away. I was already somewhat lean before but not nearly as much as I am now. Now I want to find out how much I can actually eat without (re)gaining fat. I've been eating way above my TDEE lately and it would be nice if I could eat a lot more while staying lean.

When I eat large amounts of sugar, I get really hot and my heart rate increases, probably due to an increase in diet-induced thermogenesis through activation of β3-adrenergic receptors (sympathetic nervous system). DI thermogenesis is believed to function as an anti-obesity mechanism to prevent/reduce fat gain resulting from excessive calorie intake. Botulinum neurotoxin is anticholinergic (therefore antiparasympathetic) and inhibits acetylcholine release from nerve endings and theoretically, my fat loss could be the result of increased sympathetic activity. How exactly this would work Idk but we'll see.

@Seth Walsh @Cope @Mayorga

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22, Hollywood and Deleted member 10709
bump

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
again

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22
I wouldn't be doing all that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13021 and Deleted member 756
Mess up your body doing all that experimentation on it. If not, then your kids might be effected. A big reason why so many kids in the developed world have so many food allergies is because of all the fad dieting their dumb as parents did before they had them.

Mess up your body doing all that experimentation on it. If not, then your kids might be effected. A big reason why so many kids in the developed world have so many food allergies is because of all the fad dieting their dumb as parents did before they had them.
My body is already "messed up" from botox poisoning. The fat loss is just something I noticed as a side effect. I'm just eating more, not necessarily bad, to find out how my "new" metabolism responds to excess calories. By excess I mean an amount I can comfortably eat that would normally be above my TDEE and make me gain weight (3,000 - 5,000 kcal a day).

I'm not the only one who experienced marked generalized fat loss with iatrogenic botulism

My body is already "messed up" from botox poisoning. The fat loss is just something I noticed as a side effect. I'm just eating more, not necessarily bad, to find out how my "new" metabolism responds to excess calories. By excess I mean an amount I can comfortably eat that would normally be above my TDEE and make me gain weight (3,000 - 5,000 kcal a day).

I'm not the only one who experienced marked generalized fat loss with iatrogenic botulism
You said a whole bunch of words I don't know. I doesn't sound too good though.

As some of you may already know, I got iatrogenic botulism three months ago and for some unknown reason, it has melted my fat (and muscle also to an extent) away. I was already somewhat lean before but not nearly as much as I am now. Now I want to find out how much I can actually eat without (re)gaining fat. I've been eating way above my TDEE lately and it would be nice if I could eat a lot more while staying lean.

When I eat large amounts of sugar, I get really hot and my heart rate increases, probably due to an increase in diet-induced thermogenesis through activation of β3-adrenergic receptors (sympathetic nervous system). DI thermogenesis is believed to function as an anti-obesity mechanism to prevent/reduce fat gain resulting from excessive calorie intake. Botulinum neurotoxin is anticholinergic (therefore antiparasympathetic) and inhibits acetylcholine release from nerve endings and theoretically, my fat loss could be the result of increased sympathetic activity. How exactly this would work Idk but we'll see.

If you gradually increase your calorie intake yea your BMR should creep up it’s maintenance
If you just double your caloric intake overnight I doubt it

Bruh. Why the fuck would anyone want a tdee of 5k, you know how hard it is to gain muscle if you have to eat 5.5k everyday? 3k is the golden standard its easy to lose weight and easy to gain weight at that maintenance. imagine if you increase your tdee to 8k :lul: and then you have to eat every hour for the rest of ur life or u just lose a shit ton of muscle.

No. And messing with your ANS will fuck up your life. Jacking up your sympathetic drive will make you paranoid and anxious and you won't be able to control it.

If anything you probably need to take a Choline supplement like Alpha GPC. You might be hypoglycemic at the moment also.
You can't lose fat while being in an energy surplus without using something like DNP. But then again, you wouldn't be in an energy surplus. You could eat 5k cals a day on DNP and still lose weight because ATP usage becomes so inefficient.

Stick to a simple plan man. I've YHCL and Clen still and don't want to ever touch them again because messing with sympathomimetics just isn't worth it. They're very dangerous.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Bewusst
Bruh. Why the fuck would anyone want a tdee of 5k, you know how hard it is to gain muscle if you have to eat 5.5k everyday? 3k is the golden standard its easy to lose weight and easy to gain weight at that maintenance. imagine if you increase your tdee to 8k :lul: and then you have to eat every hour for the rest of ur life or u just lose a shit ton of muscle.
Did you even comprehend what this thread is about? Obviously not

No. And messing with your ANS will fuck up your life. Jacking up your sympathetic drive will make you paranoid and anxious and you won't be able to control it.

If anything you probably need to take a Choline supplement like Alpha GPC. You might be hypoglycemic at the moment also.
You can't lose fat while being in an energy surplus without using something like DNP. But then again, you wouldn't be in an energy surplus. You could eat 5k cals a day on DNP and still lose weight because ATP usage becomes so inefficient.

Stick to a simple plan man. I've YHCL and Clen still and don't want to ever touch them again because messing with sympathomimetics just isn't worth it. They're very dangerous.
You also didn't read properly, did you? I have iatrogenic botulism, which somehow caused me to lose a lot of fat. I don't intend to use sympathomimetic or any drugs. I just want to find out how much I can eat now without gaining fat, since my condition somehow changed my metabolism. Of course eating above my TDEE would make me gain weight but what if my energy expenditure has been altered in a way that makes me burn more energy than before getting IB (through increased sympathetic activity for example)? It changed something for sure. I also lost lots of muscle and skin thickness/firmness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back