Shoe lifts are harmful af

FaceAboveAll

FaceAboveAll

Goondy awaits
I'm 6 ft 0 or 183 cm (night) and decided to wear lifts to make me 6 ft 1 (to edge out 5 ft 11 guys). In return, it has given me sharp pain in my 2nd toe. It also makes me fear not wearing them anymore, as I would feel shorter, but I've come to realisation that foot health is of priority. Don't even recommend wearing 1 inch shoe lifts tbh (at least not every or every other day).

• +1
Reactions: Zeruel
I suddenly all noticed guys in my college got 1-2inches taller over a span of two years. Even some fully formed adults (25 and over).

I caution against using lifts. It will destroy your feet. If you study biomechanics you will not misunderstand that the whole body is a tapestry and interconnected. If you have poor foot posture the rest of your body suffers.

An example of how one weak or damaged section can lead to a domino effect of heath issues is posterior pelvic tilt. That is due to a weak lower back and poor abdominal strength. It leads to a whole host of issues aside from those problem areas, however. People with posterior pelvic tilt report headaches, migraines, difficulty moving, will develop scoliosis, and a loss of general life wellbeing. The body is a whole interconnected system.

Transition to barefoot shoes. I have them and it has benefitted me. You will not look tall, but what lifts are doing to you now will have a much overall impact on your body that will lead to greater consequences down the line- possibly needing rehab. If you your spine curves to accommodate scoliosis, you will become shorter permanently.

A barefoot shoe elevates you barely 1/4 inch. I notice I am shorter than most guys until they take their shoes off. Even then, if there is a difference, it is not significant. The individual who used lifts or a tall shoe unfortunately becomes ridiculous, especially as they put them back on.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and FaceAboveAll
I recommend this, but you can do what you want

• +1
Reactions: FaceAboveAll
I'm 6 ft 0 or 183 cm (night) and decided to wear lifts to make me 6 ft 1 (to edge out 5 ft 11 guys). In return, it has given me sharp pain in my 2nd toe. It also makes me fear not wearing them anymore, as I would feel shorter, but I've come to realisation that foot health is of priority. Don't even recommend wearing 1 inch shoe lifts tbh (at least not every or every other day).
Natural selection. Im shorter than you barefeet yet taller in shoes with my lifts lol

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and FaceAboveAll
I suddenly all noticed guys in my college got 1-2inches taller over a span of two years. Even some fully formed adults (25 and over).

I caution against using lifts. It will destroy your feet. If you study biomechanics you will not misunderstand that the whole body is a tapestry and interconnected. If you have poor foot posture the rest of your body suffers.

An example of how one weak or damaged section can lead to a domino effect of heath issues is posterior pelvic tilt. That is due to a weak lower back and poor abdominal strength. It leads to a whole host of issues aside from those problem areas, however. People with posterior pelvic tilt report headaches, migraines, difficulty moving, will develop scoliosis, and a loss of general life wellbeing. The body is a whole interconnected system.

Transition to barefoot shoes. I have them and it has benefitted me. You will not look tall, but what lifts are doing to you now will have a much overall impact on your body that will lead to greater consequences down the line- possibly needing rehab. If you your spine curves to accommodate scoliosis, you will become shorter permanently.

A barefoot shoe elevates you barely 1/4 inch. I notice I am shorter than most guys until they take their shoes off. Even then, if there is a difference, it is not significant. The individual who used lifts or a tall shoe unfortunately becomes ridiculous, especially as they put them back on.
Yeah I've stopped wearing them entirely. Yeah it can fuck up so much and yet I see ppl saying "wear lifts bro" all the time.

I've come to the realisation that my height is decent / good enough (nothing to brag about obv). Perception wise, I don't feel like the height mogger I used to be, but tbh it wasn't really that much difference of height, like 2cm jfl?

I find it very unlikely that a mere 2 cms had that much of an impact on your foot health, it's a minuscule amount to add with lifts. Hell there's normal shoes that give more height than that, not to mention women constantly wearing heels. Maybe you have flat feet, hallux valgus or something like that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RTLBbc, JL~, FaceAboveAll and 2 others
Lol I have constructed my own lifts by buying like 3 insoles and cutting them to make a lift and it is so comfortable
Also I’m 6’1.5 when I wear them get fucked

• Hmm...
Reactions: FaceAboveAll
I find it very unlikely that a mere 2 cms had that much of an impact on your foot health, it's a minuscule amount to add with lifts. Hell there's normal shoes that give more height than that, not to mention women constantly wearing heels. Maybe you have flat feet, hallux valgus or something like that.
Yo actually you might be right tbh. One foot is flatter than other. Idk why this happens but maybe that's it then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back