Should I try HEMA?

Kingcel32

Kingcel32

Solstice
Been doing fencing for around 5-6 weeks now, it's alright but feels too restricting. Would HEMA be a better alternative. Just want something to complement my weighttraining and cardio, as well as improving shit like reaction time, coordination, balance, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18931
IDK about fencing but I used to fly to Dublin, Ireland and watch dudes joust. They were fit asf and had ripped bodies.

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
IDK about fencing but I used to fly to Dublin, Ireland and watch dudes joust. They were fit asf and had ripped bodies.
Yeah that's why I want to do it, that's some warrior strength and discipline that I crave. Fuck I just want to be a knight for a little bit I guess

• Love it
Yeah that's why I want to do it, that's some warrior strength and discipline that I crave. Fuck I just want to be a knight for a little bit I guess
same i've always been obsessed with medieval stuff since i was a kid

• +1
Been doing fencing for around 5-6 weeks now, it's alright but feels too restricting. Would HEMA be a better alternative. Just want something to complement my weighttraining and cardio, as well as improving shit like reaction time, coordination, balance, etc.
learn regular ass mma god damn wtf reaction time , cordination , balance shut the fuck up about those things they will be even better in actual mma knock off this gay shit omg

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 18931 and Kingcel32
learn regular ass mma god damn wtf reaction time , cordination , balance shut the fuck up about those things they will be even better in actual mma knock off this gay shit omg
This is going to be something that I’m actually interested in. Don’t really give a shit about mma, rather do this stuff bro.

• +1
This is going to be something that I’m actually interested in. Don’t really give a shit about mma, rather do this stuff bro.
yeah just do HEMA if you like it. Probs won't be good for trying to get muscley but you will get lean and have good cardio. You'll put more effort into doing something you like rather than something you don't like.

• +1
Fuck yeah, that shit sounds badass. Knights are the shit

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 18931 and Kingcel32
imagine getting jumped lying on the ground thinking to yourself if only i brought my rapier than i could have done something

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18244 and Kingcel32
imagine getting jumped lying on the ground thinking to yourself if only i brought my rapier than i could have done something
It’s for fun, not realistic hand to hand combat skill

• +1
Lmao there are not rapiers in fencing, I’m being taught saber but the rules seem too restricting, and not what I wanted exactly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
i get that its fun i really really do but for your own safety consider mma just try it out for a few weeks their is a lot of diffrent styles in mma and they can be all fun

cope if the nigga has a gun or knife you're dead no matter what. If he's punching or kicking you, you should be able to fight back by biting, kicking balls, eye gouging etc no need for that mma shit.

cope if the nigga has a gun or knife you're dead no matter what. If he's punching or kicking you, you should be able to fight back by biting, kicking balls, eye gouging etc no need for that mma shit.
bighting , kicking balls, eye gouging you a woman?

bighting , kicking balls, eye gouging you a woman?
who cares what you have to do in a fight, as long as you win. jfl at people thinking they gonna do a 2000 move armbar or submission in a street fight where anything can be used as a weapon.

who cares what you have to do in a fight, as long as you win. jfl at people thinking they gonna do a 2000 move armbar or submission in a street fight where anything can be used as a weapon.
this is wrong in general and a wrong mindset it would be trivial to argue with a man that thinks kicking anothers mans balls in a fight is truly acceptable

• Hmm...