Skinmaxing guide needed

O

onthecomeup

Iron
I saw a skin care routine posted by someone in a thread which ended their night time routine with Aquaphor. If this is you or anyone knows about this skin care routine please add it to this thread.
This is my current skin care routine:
Morning:
  1. Oil Cleanser
  2. Vitamin C
  3. Hyaluronic Complex
  4. Moisturiser SPF 40

Evening:

1. Foam Cleanser
  2. Oil Cleanser
  3. 1% Retinol Treatment
  4. (Wait 30 minutes)
  5. Moisturizer

I found this routine in the best of the best thread but it’s making my skin really dry for some reason but it might be acne pills I take called lymecycline 408 mg

Also tip for anyone who has acne. PRODUCTS SHOULD NO BE YOUR PRIORITY FOR KILLING ACNE. GET PRESCRIBED MEDICATION EVEN IF YOUR ACNE IS NOT THAT BAD. If you tell the doctor if gives you a lot of anxiety, you will get the prescription. And in the uk acne medication is free with the NHS.

Thank you

I just use Tret 0.1, vitc hyaluronic acid serum and regular moisturizer. Also in the mornings, I wash my face with very cold water for a decent bit of time I notice that afterwards it gives my face a nice brightness and glow.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 15827 and mewcoper
You forgot diet. Stop eating things that bloat you or give you acne. Reduce your salt intake. Reduce or remove wheat, sugar, sodas, bread, candy bars.
Increase the amount of hydration you get. Drinking water counts. Eating high water content fruits or vegetables counts too.

Alcohol is dehydrating. Sugar is dehydrating.

Oil cleansers are much better than micellar waters or ordinary water cleansers. They keep the face moisturized even while cleansing it.

Use serums. The best ones are exfoliating serums, and hydrating serums. Examples of exfoliating serums are mandelic acid or lactic acid, glycolic being the strongest and mandelic the mildest. Hydrating serums such as hyaluronic acid serums as a daily workhorse.

Peptides, but only researched proven ones like copper peptides (ghk-cu)

Vitamin C serums, but needs to be in a stable water free solution in low pH (most skincare products containing vit C are therefore useless as they will never penetrate the skin barrier)
Vitamin c

If your skin texture is really bad, use tretinoin or retinol (vitamin a1) creams.

Sleep. Less than 6-7 hours of sleep daily will make your face look bloated and saggy with red splotches

If you want a nice smooth tan, use self tanners/bronzer sprays and creams. They are very safe in 2022 and last up to 2 weeks per application so you don't need hormones like melanotan.

If you spend time in the sun, use a SPF 40-50+ cream. UVB and UVA radiation are the biggest killers of skin collagen (see the people with leathery red dry skin who spent decades outdoors with no protection)

Excercise is a bonus but not a requirement IMO for skin maxing.

Lose body fat
Being at low body fat helps, it makes your skin firmer and less saggy. Just don't overdo it because most people look too gaunt and old at sub 10%. You want to retain a little, tiny bit of facial fat for neoteny/youthfulness while maxing the visibility of your cheekbones and jawline.

I could get into toners, essences, sheet masks, ampoules, misters etc. used in Korean skincare if you want to level up to godly-tier model skin but that would be a very long guide. Look up 7 step korean skincare routine (or even fancier 10) if you really want to get into it, but it's not necessary. Plus that will make your skincare routine so time consuming you will be easily spending 30-60 minutes a day on it which most men aren't ready to do

(I don't do that. But plenty of people with model skin do)

Korean skincare in general, if you want optimal skin texture with minimal irritation. Many of their brands contain zero synthetics and only use organic ingredients with no alcohol like Whamisa or Urang. Not cheap though
Western moisturizers, toners etc. are full of irritants, chemicals and alcohol.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Bensky, Deleted member 16834 and 5 others
Vitamin C serums, but needs to be in a stable water free solution in low pH (most skincare products containing vit C are therefore useless as they will never penetrate the skin barrier

Do Vitamin C Serums make a big difference? Are they worth it ?
Currently only having a cleanser, Moisturizer (with SPF) and Tretinoin 0,05.

I just use Tret 0.1, vitc hyaluronic acid serum and regular moisturizer. Also in the mornings, I wash my face with very cold water for a decent bit of time I notice that afterwards it gives my face a nice brightness and glow.
Do Vitamin C Serums make a big difference? Are they worth it ?
Currently only having a cleanser, Moisturizer (with SPF) and Tretinoin 0,05.
You forgot diet. Stop eating things that bloat you or give you acne. Reduce your salt intake. Reduce or remove wheat, sugar, sodas, bread, candy bars.
Increase the amount of hydration you get. Drinking water counts. Eating high water content fruits or vegetables counts too.

Alcohol is dehydrating. Sugar is dehydrating.

Oil cleansers are much better than micellar waters or ordinary water cleansers. They keep the face moisturized even while cleansing it.

Use serums. The best ones are exfoliating serums, and hydrating serums. Examples of exfoliating serums are mandelic acid or lactic acid, glycolic being the strongest and mandelic the mildest. Hydrating serums such as hyaluronic acid serums as a daily workhorse.

Peptides, but only researched proven ones like copper peptides (ghk-cu)

Vitamin C serums, but needs to be in a stable water free solution in low pH (most skincare products containing vit C are therefore useless as they will never penetrate the skin barrier)
View attachment 1620921

If your skin texture is really bad, use tretinoin or retinol (vitamin a1) creams.

Sleep. Less than 6-7 hours of sleep daily will make your face look bloated and saggy with red splotches

If you want a nice smooth tan, use self tanners/bronzer sprays and creams. They are very safe in 2022 and last up to 2 weeks per application so you don't need hormones like melanotan.

If you spend time in the sun, use a SPF 40-50+ cream. UVB and UVA radiation are the biggest killers of skin collagen (see the people with leathery red dry skin who spent decades outdoors with no protection)

Excercise is a bonus but not a requirement IMO for skin maxing.

Lose body fat
Being at low body fat helps, it makes your skin firmer and less saggy. Just don't overdo it because most people look too gaunt and old at sub 10%. You want to retain a little, tiny bit of facial fat for neoteny/youthfulness while maxing the visibility of your cheekbones and jawline.

I could get into toners, essences, sheet masks, ampoules, misters etc. used in Korean skincare if you want to level up to godly-tier model skin but that would be a very long guide. Look up 7 step korean skincare routine (or even fancier 10) if you really want to get into it, but it's not necessary. Plus that will make your skincare routine so time consuming you will be easily spending 30-60 minutes a day on it which most men aren't ready to do

(I don't do that. But plenty of people with model skin do)

Korean skincare in general, if you want optimal skin texture with minimal irritation. Many of their brands contain zero synthetics and only use organic ingredients with no alcohol like Whamisa or Urang. Not cheap though
Western moisturizers, toners etc. are full of irritants, chemicals and alcohol.
I forgot to mention but I am from Afghanistan so kinda brown but my mother was basically white with afghan/Pakistani features. So I think I’m a half curry? I don’t know if this has an affect on my skin like not being able to glow because my skin tone is kind of yellow. Id be willing to pm video and photo of my face.

S
I forgot to mention but I am from Afghanistan so kinda brown but my mother was basically white with afghan/Pakistani features. So I think I’m a half curry? I don’t know if this has an affect on my skin like not being able to glow because my skin tone is kind of yellow. Id be willing to pm video and photo of my face.
So you're half-curry or quarter-curry?? By the way, glowing skin has nothing to do with what you're saying any race can have glowing smooth skin. You're thinking about UNDERTONES which you notice your skin has a yellowish form of. You can still have shiny glowing skin regardless of heritage

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
S

So you're half-curry or quarter-curry?? By the way, glowing skin has nothing to do with what you're saying any race can have glowing smooth skin. You're thinking about UNDERTONES which you notice your skin has a yellowish form of. You can still have shiny glowing skin regardless of heritage
Thank you, but do you think I can have a reddish tint on my face and can I tan using melanotan II?

I saw on on some threads in the best of the best section that you should take lycopene 20mg daily for a reddish glow. Can this happen for my skin typ?

lmk if I should send you photos of me

but do you think I can have a reddish tint on my face and can I tan using melanotan II?
I don't know it depends on your skin tone and current undertones. If you want red undertones, you'll have to start taking lycophene(can be found in carrots tomatoes grapefruits etc) or in supplement form, beta-carotene(found similarly in those fruits and vegetables and also in tablet supplement form)

Tanning I don't really know if that would even work with you or if it would be helpful but yeah sure I think melanotan ii is there to help with tanning.

I saw on on some threads in the best of the best section that you should take lycopene 20mg daily for a reddish glow. Can this happen for my skin typ?
yeah I'm darker than you and there are other users who are pretty dark skinned ethnics like Indians Arabs and Africans who take beta carotene and lycopene daily because they want to improve their undertones so I'm sure it can help for you though I think it's a long term measure that you must take daily consistently for months to notice a result. Lycopene tablets are also expensive, at least where I am (Canada) so just a heads up for that.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
whats the most important thing for a glowing face?
vitamin c? how much mg? 1000mg a day? i got vit c pills 1x1000mg/day but i dont know if its good for skin
my skin is like shitty..... i mean i look pale with a lil bit dark eye area

vitamin c? how much mg? 1000mg a day? i got vit c pills 1x1000mg/day but i dont know if its good for skin
I heard some where vitamins c sup limits for skin aren’t that good because it dosent all go to your face and vitamins c serums over 20% are better

• +1
Reactions: exeight

Real all of this document and the routine is near the bottom. It also has recommended products for your skin type

I heard some where vitamins c sup limits for skin aren’t that good because it dosent all go to your face and vitamins c serums over 20% are better
okay interesting.. so vit c serum should i apply to my skin or drink that shit?:ROFLMAO: sry for stupid question but i dont know

I heard thats the best Vitamin c on the market:
C should always be used with ferulica acid/vitamin E

Bildschirmfoto 2022 04 04 um 130829

• +1
Reactions: Gandy
okay interesting.. so vit c serum should i apply to my skin or drink that shit?:ROFLMAO: sry for stupid question but i dont know
Vitamin C:
I don’t know what the obsession with making your own vitamin C serum at home is on these sites, but I would advise against it for one very simple reason: Vitamin C is a pain in the nuts to get into a formula and have it remain useable. It’s notoriously unstable and begins to degrade on contact with water, oxygen and UV light. Unless you’re making a new batch for each use, don’t bother, just buy one. (All of this advice is assuming that you actually want your serum to work effectively- if oxidised vitamin C that does jack shit is what you’re going for, then go right ahead and don’t change a thing.)
Now we’ve got that out of the way,
  • Vitamin C is great for a number of reasons, it: reduces hyperpigmentation, boosts the efficacy of SPF products, stimulates collagen production and protects against environmental damage. I’d recommend using a product that contains a combination of vitamin C, vitamin E and ferulic acid to get the best results.
  • I’d recommend using vitamin C products on a morning directly onto cleansed skin due to it’s photoprotective properties and to best help with any hyperpigmentation..
  • You’ll likely find vitamin C in a lot of skincare products that don’t advertise the inclusion of vitamin C way down the INCI list, in these cases it’s usually just in there as an antioxidant to help keep the formula stable rather than to do anything for your skin.
Product recommendations:
  • The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% (this does feel slightly gritty initially but it rubs in easily)
  • Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum (nicer experience than the product from The Ordinary, but its about 12 times the price)
  • Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10% (this is more of a system than a standalone product but it’s great nonetheless)

this is taken from the google doc above

• +1
Reactions: exeight
I heard thats the best Vitamin c on the market:
C should always be used with ferulica acid/vitamin E

View attachment 1621103
It is the best vitamin C serum on the market. It's kind of expensive though, about $180 or €160 for 30ml. But the bottle lasts for a very long time because you only use 1-2 drops at once.

Sure you can find cheap serums that cost a third of the price, but some of them aren't even formulated correctly (they are not in the lowest pH liquid solution possible, or worse, are in a pH that destroys the ascorbic acid) so provide nothing but a placebo.

Vit C serums are for very advanced looksmaxers though, there's no point in using it to improve your complexion and skin tone if you aren't already blemish free. It's not a good starting point, it provides the most benefit when your skin is already close to perfect. A good start is retinol creams for very bad skin (or if extremely bad, roaccutane).

Last edited:
It is the best vitamin C serum on the market. It's kind of expensive though, about $180 or €160 for 30ml. But the bottle lasts for a very long time because you only use 1-2 drops at once.

Sure you can find cheap serums that cost a third of the price, but some of them aren't even formulated correctly (they are not in the lowest pH liquid solution possible, or worse, are in a pH that destroys the ascorbic acid) so provide nothing but a placebo.

Vit C serums are for very advanced looksmaxers though, there's no point in using it to improve your complexion and skin tone if you aren't already blemish free. It's not a good starting point, it provides the most benefit when your skin is already close to perfect. A good start is retinol creams for very bad skin (or if extremely bad, roaccutane).
Drunk elephant make the exact same vitamins c serum with 1% vitamins e and 0.05% fluEric acid for half the price but is is 28ml instead of 30 with a ph of 2.5

im still going to implement even though I’ve only been skin maxing for a week. I’m 16 and ALL the girls at this age love good skin.

• +1
Reactions: Gandy
Drunk elephant make the exact same vitamins c serum with 1% vitamins e and 0.05% fluEric acid for half the price but is is 28ml instead of 30 with a ph of 2.5

im still going to implement even though I’ve only been skin maxing for a week. I’m 16 and ALL the girls at this age love good skin.
The Ordinary also makes insanely good dupes of serums that cost double or triple the price. They even have a 30ml copper peptide serum for about 30 bucks which is insane, considering most brand name pharmaceuticals sell them for 5x that price or more.

Their C serums are bad my experience though, they burn (vit C is only supposed to either slightly tingle not feel like anything) and leave a pink residue once it dries down. Well, you get what you pay for since they cost 10 bucks.

They also have all the good exfoliants like mandelic, glycolic, lactic etc. for 8 bucks, with the exact same formulation as 30ml acid exfoliants costing 4-5x more.

Last edited:
Why would you use 2 cleansers in the evening
Only one is needed

• +1
Reactions: XAE17
same + sunscreen + clay mask

Why would you use 2 cleansers in the evening
Only one is needed
Taken from the google doc above written by a skin care expert :

Evening cleansing is not optional. I’m a big fan of the double cleanse method; first cleanse to get the shit from the day off your skin (including SPF which by design is difficult to take off), second cleanse to actually clean your skin. Depending on skin type, first cleanser should be an oil/balm or cream and second cleanser should be a cream or gel.

I saw a skin care routine posted by someone in a thread which ended their night time routine with Aquaphor. If this is you or anyone knows about this skin care routine please add it to this thread.
Morning:
  1. Oil Cleanser
  2. Vitamin C
  3. Hyaluronic Complex
  4. Moisturiser SPF 40

Evening:

1. Foam Cleanser
  2. Oil Cleanser
  3. 1% Retinol Treatment
  4. (Wait 30 minutes)
  5. Moisturizer

I found this routine in the best of the best thread but it’s making my skin really dry for some reason but it might be acne pills I take called lymecycline 408 mg

Also tip for anyone who has acne. PRODUCTS SHOULD NO BE YOUR PRIORITY FOR KILLING ACNE. GET PRESCRIBED MEDICATION EVEN IF YOUR ACNE IS NOT THAT BAD. If you tell the doctor if gives you a lot of anxiety, you will get the prescription. And in the uk acne medication is free with the NHS.

Thank you
I use a cleanser, moisturizer, vitamin c cream/collagen, and retinol / hyaluronic acid.

I didn’t read all the comments but moisturizer + sunscreen combos are faulty. The amount of sunscreen needed for a proper application is generally much more than you’d use when it’s thrown into moisturizer. Use 2 separate products.

Mineral based sunscreen has the best efficacy and it’s the most natural but it will makes you super pale especially with proper application. To circumvent this, I just use tinted sunscreen which can get messy but it looks clean when applied correctly. Try combining 2 tints if the brand doesn’t match your skin exactly, otherwise it’ll look like you have foundation on.

same im gonna go on azelaic acid skin for the extra skin lightening and fading acne scars

Morning:
  1. Oil Cleanser
  2. Vitamin C
  3. Hyaluronic Complex
  4. Moisturiser SPF 40

Evening:

1. Foam Cleanser
  2. Oil Cleanser
  3. 1% Retinol Treatment
  4. (Wait 30 minutes)
  5. Moisturizer

Thank you
skincare expert here

you probably don't need to wash your face in the morning, though it is an option. at least clear out debris from your eye area with some water.

hyaluronic acid is a humectact... it should be applied with water or a moisturizer. It is pointless and counter productive to apply to dry skin and then cover with a sunscreen. It can pull water out your skin if you do that and prevent your sunscreen from creating a proper film as well if you go over it immediately.

double cleansing is of questionable benefit and if you do it, oil cleanser should come first not second.

moisturize while skin is damp to lock in moisture

THEN wait 30 mins and apply retinol to dry moisturized skin, but actually you should be using retinoin not a shit otc retinol those are all trash and do basically nothing. some people can get adapalene otc in their country as well which is a better substitute it is a retinoid as well.

The revised routine everyone should do is this:

AM:
cleanse (optional)
vitamin c
sunscreen at least spf 30+ broad spectrum tinted mineral

PM:
wash
(optional serums)
moisturize
tretinoin

Vitamin C:
I don’t know what the obsession with making your own vitamin C serum at home is on these sites, but I would advise against it for one very simple reason: Vitamin C is a pain in the nuts to get into a formula and have it remain useable. It’s notoriously unstable and begins to degrade on contact with water, oxygen and UV light. Unless you’re making a new batch for each use, don’t bother, just buy one. (All of this advice is assuming that you actually want your serum to work effectively- if oxidised vitamin C that does jack shit is what you’re going for, then go right ahead and don’t change a thing.)
Now we’ve got that out of the way,
  • Vitamin C is great for a number of reasons, it: reduces hyperpigmentation, boosts the efficacy of SPF products, stimulates collagen production and protects against environmental damage. I’d recommend using a product that contains a combination of vitamin C, vitamin E and ferulic acid to get the best results.
  • I’d recommend using vitamin C products on a morning directly onto cleansed skin due to it’s photoprotective properties and to best help with any hyperpigmentation..
  • You’ll likely find vitamin C in a lot of skincare products that don’t advertise the inclusion of vitamin C way down the INCI list, in these cases it’s usually just in there as an antioxidant to help keep the formula stable rather than to do anything for your skin.
Product recommendations:
  • The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% (this does feel slightly gritty initially but it rubs in easily)
  • Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum (nicer experience than the product from The Ordinary, but its about 12 times the price)
  • Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10% (this is more of a system than a standalone product but it’s great nonetheless)

this is taken from the google doc above
hey mate, vitamin c or hyaluronic acid, which one is better in your opinion

it’s making my skin really dry
its because you cleanse too much, you cleanse 3 times a day. Just wash your face with cold water 1 to 2 times a day

skincare expert here

you probably don't need to wash your face in the morning, though it is an option. at least clear out debris from your eye area with some water.

hyaluronic acid is a humectact... it should be applied with water or a moisturizer. It is pointless and counter productive to apply to dry skin and then cover with a sunscreen. It can pull water out your skin if you do that and prevent your sunscreen from creating a proper film as well if you go over it immediately.

double cleansing is of questionable benefit and if you do it, oil cleanser should come first not second.

moisturize while skin is damp to lock in moisture

THEN wait 30 mins and apply retinol to dry moisturized skin, but actually you should be using retinoin not a shit otc retinol those are all trash and do basically nothing. some people can get adapalene otc in their country as well which is a better substitute it is a retinoid as well.

The revised routine everyone should do is this:

AM:
cleanse (optional)
vitamin c
sunscreen at least spf 30+ broad spectrum tinted mineral

PM:
wash
(optional serums)
moisturize
tretinoin
you dont have to wash off tretinoin in the morning?