Software engineers from big tech firms like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Meta are paying at least $75,000 to get 3 inches taller, a leg-lengthening

Butthurt Dweller

Butthurt Dweller

What I want, whenever I want, wherever I please.

Software engineers from big tech firms like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Meta are paying at least $75,000 to get 3 inches taller, a leg-lengthening surgeon says​

Katie Canales
16 hours ago

A 3D illustration of femur bones in the leg

A 3D medical illustration of femur bones in the leg. Getty/yodiyim
  • Workers from Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Meta are paying $75,000 to be taller, a surgeon told GQ.
  • The Las Vegas surgeon can lengthen patients' legs via a painful months-long process.
  • He breaks the thigh bones and inserts nails that are extended every day for three months.
Get the latest tech news & scoops — delivered daily to your inbox.

Email address

By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider as well as other partner offers and accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
A Las Vegas cosmetic surgeon specializes in leg-lengthening procedures that can grow people's height by 3 to 6 inches, as a new GQ profile said.
Many of his patients are tech workers.
Kevin Debiparshad founded LimbplastX Institute in 2016, and the clinic's business has boomed during the pandemic, he told GQ.
Here's how it works: The doctor breaks the patients' femurs, or thigh bones, and inserts metal nails into them that can be adjusted. The nails are extended a tiny bit every day for three months with a magnetic remote control, GQ reported.
It can take months to slowly lengthen the bones and for the legs to heal. One software engineer told GQ he spent the first three months after his surgery alone in his apartment and ordered delivery food during that time to go from 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-9.
The procedure costs between $70,000 and $150,000, depending on whether the patient wants to grow 3, 4, 5, or 6 inches, GQ said.
The common denominator of Debiparshad's client base is that they're wealthy, but they vary by profession: GQ reported that he'd treated CEOs, actors, and finance employees. And a bevy of high-earning tech workers — mostly men but some women — have come to him for the procedure.
"I joke that I could open a tech company," Debiparshad told GQ. "I got, like, 20 software engineers doing this procedure right now who are here in Vegas. There was a girl yesterday from PayPal. I've got patients from Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft. I've had multiple patients from Microsoft."
The surgeon said he didn't recommend the procedure for athletes since it could decrease their ability, and many of the patients GQ spoke with said they didn't tell people they had the procedure done.
Stigmas around plastic surgery for men have begun to fall away in recent years. Cosmetic procedures performed on men went up 325% from 1997 to 2015, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
And within Silicon Valley, plastic surgery has increasingly become a way for male tech workers to reach their physical goals in recent years.
The Washington Post reported in January 2020 that men were turning to Botox, fillers, laser treatments, and techniques meant to stimulate collagen in an effort to get ahead in their careers.

KEEP READING

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, thereallegend, Deleted member 21620 and 5 others
Lots of Indians from the mainland

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 21620, gymmaxedhorse and 4 others
I’m too athletic for that bullshit feels good to put on some lifts and stand over 190

Wow, holy shit. I’m a 5’10 guy who will likely go into swe and this shows that the looks pill is pervasive everywhere, even in SCIENCE jobs. Not just women and business/finance. This is undeniable evidence of the dire situation of our societal favoring of looks. Why would these 99th percentile intelligence FAANG SWEs do this if they didn’t realize how important height was for the quality of their lives? This clearly demonstrates just how much looks are mattering for life success in the present world. Yet normies will STILL deny it. I sent this article to my parents and they tried to rationalize it away. However, you cannot rationalize FACTS.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: APJ, User28823, Deleted member 14392 and 7 others
will get 6 inches and still blast gh to stay athletic

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thereallegend and Deleted member 21146
Wow, holy shit. I’m a 5’10 guy who will likely go into swe and this shows that the looks pill is pervasive everywhere, even in SCIENCE jobs. Not just women and business/finance. This is undeniable evidence of the dire situation of our societal favoring of looks. Why would these 99th percentile intelligence FAANG SWEs do this if they didn’t realize how important height was for the quality of their lives? This clearly demonstrates just how much looks are mattering for life success in the present world. Yet normies will STILL deny it. I sent this article to my parents and they tried to rationalize it away. However, you cannot rationalize FACTS.
the most important/difficult part as a scientist, even in academia, is getting funding for your projects/research. Aka getting people to invest in you.

Taller and better-looking people get more and better investments.

Looks-based discrimination is the biggest form of discrimination in the world, everywhere. But people refuse to speak.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, thereallegend, Deleted member 21620 and 4 others
Should rather pay 1/3rd of this for a Lefort III

the most important/difficult part as a scientist, even in academia, is getting funding for your projects/research. Aka getting people to invest in you.

Taller and better-looking people get more and better investments.

Looks-based discrimination is the biggest form of discrimination in the world, everywhere. But people refuse to speak.
Completely agree. This is what i tell my close friends nowadays. As the bible says “the rich will be given more, and the poor will become poorer” (something like that)

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston and Deleted member 21620
The SEA niggas can't handle the daily height mog in the streets. All of my indian roommates I had in college were giga short and very non-NT fresh off the boat. Most were virgins or bisexual(aka can't get pussy so gay) JFL

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: GetShrekt, thereallegend, Deleted member 21620 and 1 other person