Spacers for jaw surgery

Anchor_Ship

Anchor_Ship

Kraken
Can someone explain the purpose for them? What is the space created for? Had them installed after about a month of braces for surgery. I’m class 2 skeletal with decent bite just recessed. I’ll have premolars extracted either in January or February so I can get more advancement in bimax

• +1
Reactions: vampyre

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
Are you talking about maxillary expander?

Also i didnt read your thread goodluck on your bimax, i take back extraction statement my adhd sry

Are you talking about maxillary expander?

Also i didnt read your thread goodluck on your bimax, i take back extraction statement my adhd sry
No I’m talking about these

Attachments

• 0D5209DA-0F60-4ACF-972E-25F431C702C7.png
    0D5209DA-0F60-4ACF-972E-25F431C702C7.png
    68 KB · Views: 0
1. Purpose of Spacers:Spacers, also known as orthodontic separators, are small devices placed between your teeth to create space. They are typically used in orthodontic treatment to make room for the placement of bands (metal rings) around your molars. However, in the context of jaw surgery preparation, spacers might serve a different purpose.

2. Space for Braces and Bands:In traditional orthodontics, spacers are used to create enough space between teeth to comfortably fit bands around the molars. Bands are then attached to these teeth to provide anchor points for braces.

3. Space for Surgical Preparations:In the context of jaw surgery preparation, spacers might be used to create space for the surgical intervention. Jaw surgery often involves repositioning the upper and/or lower jaw to correct skeletal discrepancies. The spacers may help create enough room between teeth to facilitate this movement during surgery.

4. Extraction of Premolars:The mention of extracting premolars suggests that your treatment plan may involve extracting specific teeth to address your skeletal discrepancy and achieve the desired jaw alignment. The extraction of premolars can provide additional space for movement during surgery and help achieve a more optimal bite.

5. Advancement in Bimaxillary Relationship:The extraction of premolars, combined with jaw surgery, can contribute to the advancement of the upper and lower jaws, resulting in a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing facial profile. This is commonly referred to as bimaxillary advancement.

6. Achieving a Balanced Bite:Your description of being class 2 skeletal with a decent bite but a recessed profile suggests that the surgery is aimed at achieving a more balanced facial and dental relationship.

muh chatgpt

• +1
Reactions: vampyre and Anchor_Ship
1. Purpose of Spacers:Spacers, also known as orthodontic separators, are small devices placed between your teeth to create space. They are typically used in orthodontic treatment to make room for the placement of bands (metal rings) around your molars. However, in the context of jaw surgery preparation, spacers might serve a different purpose.

2. Space for Braces and Bands:In traditional orthodontics, spacers are used to create enough space between teeth to comfortably fit bands around the molars. Bands are then attached to these teeth to provide anchor points for braces.

3. Space for Surgical Preparations:In the context of jaw surgery preparation, spacers might be used to create space for the surgical intervention. Jaw surgery often involves repositioning the upper and/or lower jaw to correct skeletal discrepancies. The spacers may help create enough room between teeth to facilitate this movement during surgery.

4. Extraction of Premolars:The mention of extracting premolars suggests that your treatment plan may involve extracting specific teeth to address your skeletal discrepancy and achieve the desired jaw alignment. The extraction of premolars can provide additional space for movement during surgery and help achieve a more optimal bite.

5. Advancement in Bimaxillary Relationship:The extraction of premolars, combined with jaw surgery, can contribute to the advancement of the upper and lower jaws, resulting in a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing facial profile. This is commonly referred to as bimaxillary advancement.

6. Achieving a Balanced Bite:Your description of being class 2 skeletal with a decent bite but a recessed profile suggests that the surgery is aimed at achieving a more balanced facial and dental relationship.

muh chatgpt
I have them on lower and upper pallate

Attachments

• 5890B5BE-4EFE-4BFD-A74A-7269B98646F0.jpeg
    5890B5BE-4EFE-4BFD-A74A-7269B98646F0.jpeg
    985.4 KB · Views: 0