Still strong

OOGABOOGA

OOGABOOGA

Check the weather & it’s gettin real sussy outside
Back in 2018 i deadlifted 500 pounds at 190 pounds and 19 years old. I would hurt my back pretty often training heavy deadlifts and I’ve had patella tendinitis since hs so I basically haven’t trained my legs in 2 years and I certainly haven’t squatted or deadlifted heavy since 2018 or 2019.

Today was my last day at my gym before my membership runs out and I switch to planet fitness which doesn’t have barbells. So fuck it. Deadlifts. Did triples through 365.

405 on the bar aiming for a triple. First rep was pretty fast but the form was sloppy so I said fuck it. Good enough for my ego.

405 without chalk or even a belt. Good bar speed, some form breakdown but not that bad. First time deadlifting in years. And I’m 10 pounds lighter than when I did 500.

A bit of practice for form and cns adaptation and a belt and I’d probably still be around 500.

Woof woof bitch

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and Carolus
Belt?

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and OOGABOOGA
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, Carolus and Deleted member 15129
What’s the question? Used a belt back in the day with 500 but got this 405 beltless
Why would you ever deadlift beltless bro I would be scared my spine would snap in two

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Why would you ever deadlift beltless bro I would be scared my spine would snap in two
That’s why I bailed. I don’t have one anymore. Tried to get a bro to join me so I could use his belt but it’s test week for him I can’t interrupt that

Jfl It turns out my belt was in my car :lul:

But yeah I’m a very explosive but sloppy deadlifter. Either I get the lift and I get it fast or I snap my shit up. With a belt I’m still 450+ no doubt

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and Deleted member 15129
Bum

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Chad

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and OOGABOOGA
honestly doing deadlifts at like 70% with higher volume and focusing on PERFECT form is much better for aesthetics ime and youre much less likely to get injured

its just so fun to lift heavy ass weight

• +1
honestly doing deadlifts at like 70% with higher volume and focusing on PERFECT form is much better for aesthetics ime and youre much less likely to get injured

its just so fun to lift heavy ass weight
Exactly it was just for fun. Too lazy to do them for volume tbh they’re exhausting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Fuck deadlifts, I just do heavy hip thrusts and make eye contact with everyone watching me.

• JFL