Strong masseters with narrow = bloated?

bwrauycnee

bwrauycnee

Kraken
I’ve heard people say the following:

“Chewing is cope for people with inward & narrow gonions. It makes your midface wider and makes you look bloated. Makes your buccal pads hide your jaw angle even more if your masseters are strong too.”

Is this true? Or can increasing masseter size help with inward gonions without looking bloated?

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Well think of it as putting makeup on a pig.
IMG 6260

You saying he’ll look bad if he had wider masseters?

Strong masseters/wide jaw are not a looksmax at all.
You want normal width with angularity.

Many fillers do not look good because too much jaw width

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee
You’re joking if you think he has significantly inward gonions. They’re straight if not, slightly outward.
Many on here have said, noszka, O’pry and Gandy have inward gonions

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
Strong masseters/wide jaw are not a looksmax at all.
You want normal width with angularity.

Many fillers do not look good because too much jaw width
How do you achieve angularity? Is that all to do with the gonial angle and mandible length?

O’Pry and Gandy have straight gonions. Notice how they still look good due to decent jaw width even with regular palates and small masseters.

Noszka actually has inward gonions. Notice how he’s the only one with huge masseters yet his jaw width still looks acceptable.

I think I was unfair with my original post. My conclusion is that large masseters are ideal for those with inward gonions. Gonial flare and masseters size tend to be the most important factors for jaw width so you might as well take one of them to prevent a narrow jaw. Noszka prevented inceldom this way.

However large masseters do make your jaw look bloated when your gonions are inward which is just a tradeoff. You can imagine this because in those with outward gonions the widest part of their jaw is towards the bottom (the gonion flares out at the bottom) whilst in those with inward gonions the widest part of the jaw (where the masseter attaches) is further up towards the cheek area. This causes the Harvey Specter bloated jaw look which only looks acceptable because it’s wide. It’s basically the opposite of angularity.

How do you achieve angularity? Is that all to do with the gonial angle and mandible length?

Gonial angle not too low, antegonial notch (from angular gonions not downward growth), and outward gonions combined with large masseters.

• +1
O’Pry and Gandy have straight gonions. Notice how they still look good due to decent jaw width even with regular palates and small masseters.

Noszka actually has inward gonions. Notice how he’s the only one with huge masseters yet his jaw width still looks acceptable.

I think I was unfair with my original post. My conclusion is that large masseters are ideal for those with inward gonions. Gonial flare and masseters size tend to be the most important factors for jaw width so you might as well take one of them to prevent a narrow jaw. Noszka prevented inceldom this way.

However large masseters do make your jaw look bloated when your gonions are inward which is just a tradeoff. You can imagine this because in those with outward gonions the widest part of their jaw is towards the bottom (the gonion flares out at the bottom) whilst in those with inward gonions the widest part of the jaw (where the masseter attaches) is further up towards the cheek area. This causes the Harvey Specter bloated jaw look which only looks acceptable because it’s wide. It’s basically the opposite of angularity.

Gonial angle not too low, antegonial notch (from angular gonions not downward growth), and outward gonions combined with large masseters.
Good insight thanks.
How would you distinguish straight from inward gonions?
I’ve noticed my masseters might potentially be making my face look shorter than I’d like by masking my gonions. But I’ve only been mewing and not doing any particular chewing workouts.
Just contemplating on whether to attempt to chew more to achieve more angularity or whether that might backfire.

Good insight thanks.
How would you distinguish straight from inward gonions?
I’ve noticed my masseters might potentially be making my face look shorter than I’d like by masking my gonions. But I’ve only been mewing and not doing any particular chewing workouts.
Just contemplating on whether to attempt to chew more to achieve more angularity or whether that might backfire.
Honestly if big masseters bloat your jaw your gonions are inward. The narrowest jaws have inward gonions so if your zygos are much wider than your jaw even with big masseters then that’s a strong sign. Basically jaw width is the biggest indicator.

The problem you face just comes with inward gonions. Your jaw will never be angular anyway unless you get surgery (I don’t know which) so you might as well chew for the aesthetic bonus of a wider jaw since yours is already probably pretty narrow. That is, of course, unless your gonions aren’t actually inward.

• +1
Any evidence or explanation for this?
Mostly my personal experience. The general rule is this: Masseter hypertrophy will never give you angularity, because the jaw muscles aren't angular, but if your face is already angular enough (like Brad Pitt), you can get away with it.

View attachment 2572364
You saying he’ll look bad if he had wider masseters?
No idea. That's a highly distorted picture that makes his face look narrower.

None of them do.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bwrauycnee and Allornothing
I’ve heard people say the following:

“Chewing is cope for people with inward & narrow gonions. It makes your midface wider and makes you look bloated. Makes your buccal pads hide your jaw angle even more if your masseters are strong too.”

Is this true? Or can increasing masseter size help with inward gonions without looking bloated?
i got this issue what should i do

Honestly if big masseters bloat your jaw your gonions are inward. The narrowest jaws have inward gonions so if your zygos are much wider than your jaw even with big masseters then that’s a strong sign. Basically jaw width is the biggest indicator.

The problem you face just comes with inward gonions. Your jaw will never be angular anyway unless you get surgery (I don’t know which) so you might as well chew for the aesthetic bonus of a wider jaw since yours is already probably pretty narrow. That is, of course, unless your gonions aren’t actually inward.

My jaw is pretty angular and i have inward gonions, so don’t know if that’s true tbh