Study confirms missing out on teen love= high chance to go ER,or come out weird.

Deleted member 209

Deleted member 209

Sage
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21741457

Stressful experiences during adolescence can alter the trajectory of neural development and contribute to psychiatric disorders in adulthood. We previously demonstrated that adolescent male rats exposed to repeated social defeat stress show changes in mesocorticolimbic dopamine content both at baseline and in response to amphetamine when tested in adulthood. In the present study we examined whether markers of adult dopamine function are also compromised by adolescent experience of social defeat. Given that the dopamine transporter as well as dopamine D1 receptors act as regulators of psychostimulant action, are stress sensitive and undergo changes during adolescence, quantitative autoradiography was used to measure [(3)H]-GBR12935 binding to the dopamine transporter and [(3)H]-SCH23390 binding to dopamine D1 receptors, respectively. Our results indicate that social defeat during adolescence led to higher dopamine transporter binding in the infralimbic region of the medial prefrontal cortex and higher dopamine D1 receptor binding in the caudate putamen, while other brain regions analyzed were comparable to controls. Thus it appears that social defeat during adolescence causes specific changes to the adult dopamine system, which may contribute to behavioral alterations and increased drug seeking.

How can I possibly cope for not experiencing romance with my oneitis when she was 17 and virgin?

Missing out on that has forever scarred me. It took my years to get over the rejection and approach girls again only to be rejected by them too. I ended up getting my first date with my oneitis but it was too late by then cause she had already fucked 5 guys.

And I fucked her eventually, but the mental scaring will never go away. Like hell, it would be cope to say that fucking your virgin 17 yo oneitis is the same as fucking her when she is 23 yo and used up. It's just not the same.

• +1
Reactions: Gren