(Study) Vit C increases collagen but DECREASES skin elasticity! Everyone GTFIH

D

Deleted member 534

classic Romantic man that got lost in the darkness

“the effects of vitamin C on extracellular matrix deposition have been studied in vivo. Stereological analysis on electron micrographs showed, compared to age-matched controls, a 50 to 60% increase of collagen deposition in the media and in the adventitia of the aorta of rats treated for 30 days from the 18th day of life with 10% ascorbate in their drinking water. By contrast, elastin volume density was significantly reduced by the treatment at all ages examined. These morphological data were supported by in situ hybridization observations showing enhanced collagen type I mRNA and reduced elastin mRNA expression upon treatment. Although vitamin C did not inhibit lysyl oxidase activity in vivo, being only slightly higher than in controls, enzyme activity was significantly reduced, when high doses of ascorbate were added in vitro. Lysyl oxidase activity may be a function of enhanced collagen metabolism rather than a direct effect of the vitamin on the enzyme activity. These data indicate that ascorbate exerts opposite effects on the deposition of two major components of the extracellular matrix in vivo, at least during periods of rapid growth.”

it’s over for you guys VIT c reduces elastin,retin A kills fat pads, microneedling cause damage in the skin in the long run

What gay earth ngl

Last edited:
  • +1
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Treasure223, Lagoon1214, s3-s3 and 10 others
Just have a good personality bro

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: .👽., Treasure223, Deleted member 6572 and 9 others
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mug, HighIQcel, Treasure223 and 3 others
With supplementation or if u aplly it

• +1
Reactions: malignant
In 3 months : oops I'm loosing my teeth is that scurvy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: YoungChadcel, Zeta ascended and Patrick Baitman
Download 14

bitch vitamin c is exactly what i need

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: .👽., Zradrad, Treasure223 and 6 others
giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: ALP, Treasure223, Deleted member 5393 and 2 others
@Seth Walsh
@Lifeisgood72

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Patrick Baitman and Deleted member 534
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
Skincare is cope, you should only treat acne and scars if you suffer from it but using 17 different products to get "glowing skin" is pointless. No skincare ingredient has actually been proven to make a significant difference.

Just use retin a and sunscreen to at least keep your skin from aging like shit.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, SWG88, Deleted member 5891 and 8 others
Skincare is cope, you should only treat acne and scars if you suffer from it but using 17 different products to get "glowing skin" is pointless. No skincare ingredient has actually been proven to make a significant difference.

Just use retin a and sunscreen to at least keep your skin from aging like shit.
Bit C is not cope

but this study is weird

I mean if you use retin A you need to use cleanser and mostrizer

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
stop with this

first it's in rats for fucks sake
second they're talking about elastin in their aorta's specifically so we don't even know how much, if at all it applies to the rat's skin let alone our skin
Third, the researchers themselves say this may only apply during periods of rapid growth.

Maybe it does decrease elastin but lets not be so hasty, this is not sufficient evidence

same goes for retin a and fat pads

@Cope what's your thoughts?

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mvp2v1, ALP, hairyballscel and 14 others
tbf they seem to be treating the extracellular matrix as a whole regardless of tissue type so I assume they have reason to do so.
but you really can't apply this directly to cosmetic use of vit c serum in humans

its over i just bought vitamin c serum

tbf they seem to be treating the extracellular matrix as a whole regardless of tissue type so I assume they have reason to do so.
but you really can't apply this directly to cosmetic use of vit c serum in humans
Fuck it
I'll just cope with aloe vera.

Fuck it
I'll just cope with aloe vera.
If you want I guess

im sure you can find some human controlled study where they measure elastin volume in skin and how vit c serums affect it

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
stop with this

first it's in rats for fucks sake
second they're talking about elastin in their aorta's specifically so we don't even know how much, if at all it applies to the rat's skin let alone our skin
Third, the researchers themselves say this may only apply during periods of rapid growth.

Maybe it does decrease elastin but lets not be so hasty, this is not sufficient evidence

same goes for retin a and fat pads

@Cope what's your thoughts?
In vitro studies have shown the same result so this is not a good sign lol

But unless we see something similar in a human in vivo study then I wouldn't conclude anything yet.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 534 and Good_Little_Goy
View attachment 596319

But unless we see something similar in a human in vivo study then I wouldn't conclude anything yet.
Is this w supplementation or while applying it

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Good_Little_Goy

“the effects of vitamin C on extracellular matrix deposition have been studied in vivo. Stereological analysis on electron micrographs showed, compared to age-matched controls, a 50 to 60% increase of collagen deposition in the media and in the adventitia of the aorta of rats treated for 30 days from the 18th day of life with 10% ascorbate in their drinking water. By contrast, elastin volume density was significantly reduced by the treatment at all ages examined. These morphological data were supported by in situ hybridization observations showing enhanced collagen type I mRNA and reduced elastin mRNA expression upon treatment. Although vitamin C did not inhibit lysyl oxidase activity in vivo, being only slightly higher than in controls, enzyme activity was significantly reduced, when high doses of ascorbate were added in vitro. Lysyl oxidase activity may be a function of enhanced collagen metabolism rather than a direct effect of the vitamin on the enzyme activity. These data indicate that ascorbate exerts opposite effects on the deposition of two major components of the extracellular matrix in vivo, at least during periods of rapid growth.”

it’s over for you guys VIT c reduces elastin,retin A kills fat pads, microneedling cause damage in the skin in the long run

What gay earth ngl
So what the fuck can we even do anymore
Just moisturize after shower?

• +1
Reactions: Atem Rah
It's over, we can't defeat the agepill unless we have great genetics

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
View attachment 596319

It seems like it reduces elastin transcription heavily and that's why we see the volume significantly decreased in the matrix.

different doses may inhibit or increase production.

I'm not sure why he used this study when there are much more relevant human ones that look at the skin fibroblasts.

Is this w supplementation or while applying it
supplementation, that's why I'm cautious about applying it to vit c serum, but it doesn't look good tbh

don't make any judgement calls yet

Last edited:
Rope

that’s what we should all do

it make sense we incels trying to cheat Mother Nature to fit into the servival and reproduce with female, however due to our genetic crisis

we try ways to cheat Mother Nature by vitC retin A,ect

in other word YEAH apply moisturizer but you can't win regardless because moisturizer won't do anythingbeside hydration

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Clark69, Deleted member 4310, Andros and 2 others
Bro tbh

Collagen over everything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
Bro tbh

Collagen over everything
Elasticity is what makes out skin firm bro

we need both elasticity and collagen 🥺

fuck we literally can’t win 🥺

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Lagoon1214 and Lev Peshkov
@Good_Little_Goy
I mean OPs study

"10% ascorbate in their drinking water."

the ones he posted would be topical most likely

@Good_Little_Goy
My reasoning for this is because oral vitamin C does very little for overall synthesis, its main purpose is to help change polypeptide chains into procollagen.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x, Deleted member 534 and Good_Little_Goy
@Copemaxxing every looksmax has a side effect.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Azoriko and Copemaxxing
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Cope
tag me nigha im working i dont have time to search for it

@Cope
It just goes show that even if vitamin C does decrease elastin synthesis, there are other supplements and skincare products that will just increase it anyways.

• +1
My reasoning for this is because oral vitamin C does very little for overall synthesis, its main purpose is to help change polypeptide chains into procollagen.
@Cope
@Copemaxxing every looksmax has a side effect.
It’s increases skin elastin GTFIH guys

1. In a recent systematic review of studies, they found that intervention with vitamin C intake was associated with improvements in skin elasticity, facial wrinkling, roughness, and color. These interventions where either via vitamin C from supplements or from the diet, fruits, and veggies.”

• +1
Reactions: Cope and Good_Little_Goy
@Cope
probably best to try and offset any loss in elastin with another product tbh even if it's not confirmed.

It just goes show that even if vitamin C does decrease elastin synthesis, there are other supplements and skincare products that will just increase it anyways.
exactly. No reason to stop using vit c serums just yet.

• +1
Reactions: Cope
lmao my man @mido the slayer had us on a rollercoaster for a sec, I'm in class rn jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 534
lmao my man @mido the slayer had us on a rollercoaster for a sec, I'm in class rn jfl
Hahahah

weird man every study says something else but even if Vit Cdecrease elasticity, we have retin A and sunscreen and collagen supplements to build it back from what I read

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Cope and Good_Little_Goy
Rope

that’s what we should all do

it make sense we incels trying to cheat Mother Nature to fit into the servival and reproduce with female, however due to our genetic crisis

we try ways to cheat Mother Nature by vitC retin A,ect

in other word YEAH apply moisturizer but you can't win regardless because moisturizer won't do anythingbeside hydration
Anything that isn't an expensive procedure isn't a looksmax, jfl at users here thinking applying some $10 cream on their face every day will make a difference.

There's no other way around it, if you are ugly then you need invasie surgeries to change your features.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: poloralf, Deleted member 1680 and Deleted member 534
Fucking hell, the people responsible for the science education of the users of this site have a lot to answer for.
Can you please all stop finding a single fucking study that you think changes science as we know it and proceeding to draw a boatload of false conclusions from it?

- The abstract of a study isn't enough to draw any kind of conclusions from it.
- This study is from 1991 and isn't being held up as a huge development in the field- in fact, one of the few articles that use this as a citation is in direct conflict with the conclusion drawn here.
- I'm not even going to get into how this study has nothing to do with skin or hum
- Did you miss the part in the abstract where the researchers themselves offer an alternative explanation and say "Lysyl oxidase activity may be a function of enhanced collagen metabolism rather than a direct effect of the vitamin on the enzyme activity."
- Lets not forget the function of collagen versus elastin in the skin, collagen is what maintains structure as you age, not the elastin. Also;
View attachment 596245
bitch vitamin c is exactly what i need
this photo is of Gary Turner, he has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and its his collagen that is faulty, not his elastin.

• +1
Reactions: goshak, ALP, Chintuck22 and 2 others
Fucking hell, the people responsible for the science education of the users of this site have a lot to answer for.
Can you please all stop finding a single fucking study that you think changes science as we know it and proceeding to draw a boatload of false conclusions from it?

- This study is from 1991 and isn't being held up as a huge development in the field- in fact, one of the few articles that use this as a citation is in direct conflict with the conclusion drawn here.
- I'm not even going to get into how this study has nothing to do with skin or hum
- Did you miss the part in the abstract where the researchers themselves offer an alternative explanation and say "Lysyl oxidase activity may be a function of enhanced collagen metabolism rather than a direct effect of the vitamin on the enzyme activity."
- Lets not forget the function of collagen versus elastin in the skin, collagen is what maintains structure as you age, not the elastin. Also;

this photo is of Gary Turner, he has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and its his collagen that is faulty, not his elastin.
B6A60C85 B8F9 473D 8369 C82340A27331

What gay earth ngl

It's always the same here on the forum, to everything you can find pros and cons on this page, and in the end everyone is LDARing

• +1
Reactions: Atem Rah

can you read my posts in this thread and tell me if i'm high iq or not?

yeah that shit was pretty funny tbh, nothing to do with this.

btw, on this subject, I have hyper-mobility and always have had stretchy skin, as I understand it my collagen is weaker than other people's:

Is there anything I can be doing to help my collagen and try to 'make my skin more normal'?
or just general collagenmaxxing?

can you read my posts in this thread and tell me if i'm high iq or not?

yeah that shit was pretty funny tbh, nothing to do with this.

btw, on this subject, I have hyper-mobility and always have had stretchy skin, as I understand it my collagen is weaker than other people's:

Is there anything I can be doing to help my collagen and try to 'make my skin more normal'?
or just general collagenmaxxing?
Check collagen maxing guides on the best of the bests section

• +1
Check collagen maxing guides on the best of the bests section
I'm doing a lot of the stuff mentioned now, tretinoin, niacinamide, astaxanthin, spf etc
vit c serum was too irritating

but I meant more some treatment specific to my condition, I doubt there is anything but worth a shot.

Im gonna rope with these threads? Wtf is this shit