(Study) Vit C increases collagen but DECREASES skin elasticity! Everyone GTFIH

I'm doing a lot of the stuff mentioned now, tretinoin, niacinamide, astaxanthin, spf etc
vit c serum was too irritating

but I meant more some treatment specific to my condition, I doubt there is anything but worth a shot.
How is your diet?

Do you eat a lot of suger and refined carbs?
Btw skin is made out of saturated fat and protein and vitamins

do you eat GRASSFED butter,milk,eggs,extra virgin olive oil,avocado,ect?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
How is your diet?

Do you eat a lot of suger and refined carbs?
Btw skin is made out of saturated fat and protein and vitamins

do you eat GRASSFED butter,milk,eggs,extra virgin olive oil,avocado,ect?
my diet is okay, could be much better though

barely any sugar or refined carbs, I don't stock junk food or anything like that

Ideally I would cut out carbs completely for acne and bloating but shit is expensive ngl

yes to grassfed milk and organic eggs, extra virgin olive oil, I eat alot of fruit tbf so I guess the fructose in that counts

I should improve my diet tbh it's so important, I want to go vegan but itll probably go veggie first

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 534
You can't just provide a screenshot of a table and have that be your argument.
The first row in that screenshot is by the same authors as the original study and this second study (still from 1997 by the way) is mostly focused on collagen synthesis with minimal focus on elastin.
The study in the second row has little to do with elastin.
The third row directly counters your original argument.
Also: see what I said about the misunderstanding of the function of collagen vs elastin.

can you read my posts in this thread and tell me if i'm high iq or not?

Is there anything I can be doing to help my collagen and try to 'make my skin more normal'?
or just general collagenmaxxing?
From a quick glance they seem relatively sound.
And if you've got EDS (or a related disorder), there isn't a hell of a lot you can do since any collagen produced will be faulty. Most people with that kind of condition seem to age in the face pretty well though compared to the normal population (unless you have a very specific type of skin involvement- but you'd know about that already if it were the case).

• +1
Reactions: ALP, Deleted member 534 and Good_Little_Goy
my diet is okay, could be much better though

barely any sugar or refined carbs, I don't stock junk food or anything like that

Ideally I would cut out carbs completely for acne and bloating but shit is expensive ngl

yes to grassfed milk and organic eggs, extra virgin olive oil, I eat alot of fruit tbf so I guess the fructose in that counts

I should improve my diet tbh it's so important, I want to go vegan but itll probably go veggie first
Vegan?? That’s the worst think you can do you your skin

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: s3-s3, TITUS and Good_Little_Goy
And if you've got EDS (or a related disorder), there isn't a hell of a lot you can do since any collagen produced will be faulty. Most people with that kind of condition seem to age in the face pretty well though compared to the normal population (unless you have a very specific type of skin involvement- but you'd know about that already if it were the case).
Thanks for the reply, that is lifefuel tbh, my sister jokes about me ageing terribly because of the hyper-mobility collagen link and it got me thinking if I actually would.

I did a bit of research and it doesn't seem like it's too well understood in my case
They've isolated the gene and mechanism for EDS I believe but not for my diagnosis

It can improve with age and mine has improved massively, I've noticed my joints extend much less pass where they should and my skin is much less stretchy.

as far as I know they don't know why this happens, but if there's nothing I can do to help then there's no reason for me to think about it

and I wouldn't expect that people with EDS and such to age better facially, just a bonus I guess.

thanks again.

Isn't that logical? Collagen is the main connective tissue so the whole point is to make things less elastic

I'm not sure what you think those videos prove but vegan diets can vary immensely thus the consequences of said diets vary immensely as well.

I can find videos of people with meat based diets having terrible skin and health it doesn't prove anything.

Obviously these people aren't living good lifestyles but generally speaking vegans are healthier than their counterparts, especially if their diet is managed correctly and not based of youtube broscience.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: goat2x, s3-s3 and TITUS
I just want clear skin:feelswah::feelswah::feelswhy:

I'm not sure what you think those videos prove but vegan diets can vary immensely thus the consequences of said diets vary immensely as well.

I can find videos of people with meat based diets having terrible skin and health it doesn't prove anything.

Obviously these people aren't living good lifestyles but generally speaking vegans are healthier than their counterparts, especially if their diet is managed correctly and not based of youtube broscience.
Go ahead

looksmin yourself idc tbh

less chads and less competition = more wining for me
You can't just provide a screenshot of a table and have that be your argument.
The first row in that screenshot is by the same authors as the original study and this second study (still from 1997 by the way) is mostly focused on collagen synthesis with minimal focus on elastin.
The study in the second row has little to do with elastin.
The third row directly counters your original argument.
Also: see what I said about the misunderstanding of the function of collagen vs elastin.

mirin IQ ngl

I send it to you so you can read it man not to argue with you

so we all should megadose Vit C and apply vit c in the morning?

• +1
Reactions: s3-s3 and TITUS
Go ahead

looksmin yourself idc tbh

less chads and less competition = more wining for me
nice complete lack of argument
You've already shown you know jack shit by making this thread, now I should trust you about this? jfl

keep winning bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 534
stop with this

first it's in rats for fucks sake
second they're talking about elastin in their aorta's specifically so we don't even know how much, if at all it applies to the rat's skin let alone our skin
Third, the researchers themselves say this may only apply during periods of rapid growth.

Maybe it does decrease elastin but lets not be so hasty, this is not sufficient evidence

same goes for retin a and fat pads

@Cope what's your thoughts?
Good analysis, users here legit just read the title and conclusions of a study and go "rEtIN-a wILl RApe Ur DIck sIZE" and the mods pin it.

• +1
Good analysis, users here legit just read the title and conclusions of a study and go "rEtIN-a wILl RApe Ur DIck sIZE" and the mods pin it.
Legit, I am somali tier iq, I shouldn't be correcting people like this.

I can only imagine what @benignice thinks about half the users of this forum believing that retin a melts your face fat lmao

• JFL
Reactions: Ocelot
Legit, I am somali tier iq, I shouldn't be correcting people like this.

I can only imagine what @benignice thinks about half the users of this forum believing that retin a melts your face fat lmao
You either underestimate yourself or this forum's users are sub-somali IQ.
Brutal if latter is true tbh

• JFL
You either underestimate yourself or this forum's users are sub-somali IQ.
Brutal if latter is true tbh
Ngl most people here are low iq myself included
this forum in general is low iq

I feel like a dick saying it but I see myself writing low iq shit and ill look back at it a moment later and wonder why im so retarded.

I think its because the standard for posting is pretty low so you don’t think you have to readily justify what you’re saying, occasionally you’ll get caught lacking by somebody high iq and get schooled like OP and benignice.

my posts in this thread were okay I think but more just the errors were so blatant.

idc still using timeless vitamin c serum

• +1
If you want more skin elasticity just get fat and then lose weight, don't overdo or you get stretch marks.
THERE IS A LOOKSMAX FOR EVERY LOOKSMIN.

Omg JFL at that skeleton, on one video she says you can accidentally "undereat" on a vegan diet. That was an understatement.
Can't stop JFL at Dr Dray | FACES OF VEGANISM #1, she was hot before becoming vegan, what a looksmin. Shes probably infertile at this point.

Last edited:
  • +1
Omg JFL at that skeleton, on one video she says you can accidentally "undereat" on a vegan diet. That was an understatement.
Can't stop JFL at Dr Dray | FACES OF VEGANISM #1, she was hot before becoming vegan, what a looksmin. Shes probably infertile at this point.
She is repulsive now

at least she was fuckable before despite her shit tier IPD

• +1
Reactions: Cope

this link explains this whole thread jfl at this fear mongerer

@mido the slayer

stop taking shit out of context and actually do research instead of posting half ass threads
salty much? Maybe I made a mistake

Idk why this bitch keep saying that elastin is bad MUH NORMALIZE elastin

“Diminished elastin production paralleled reduced elastin mRNA levels, while collagen I and III mRNAs levels increased. We compared the stability of mRNAs for elastin and collagen I with a constitutive gene after ascorbate supplementation or withdrawal. Ascorbate decreased elastin mRNA stability, while collagen I mRNA was stabilized to a much greater extent.”

“the effects of vitamin C on extracellular matrix deposition have been studied in vivo. Stereological analysis on electron micrographs showed, compared to age-matched controls, a 50 to 60% increase of collagen deposition in the media and in the adventitia of the aorta of rats treated for 30 days from the 18th day of life with 10% ascorbate in their drinking water. By contrast, elastin volume density was significantly reduced by the treatment at all ages examined. These morphological data were supported by in situ hybridization observations showing enhanced collagen type I mRNA and reduced elastin mRNA expression upon treatment. Although vitamin C did not inhibit lysyl oxidase activity in vivo, being only slightly higher than in controls, enzyme activity was significantly reduced, when high doses of ascorbate were added in vitro. Lysyl oxidase activity may be a function of enhanced collagen metabolism rather than a direct effect of the vitamin on the enzyme activity. These data indicate that ascorbate exerts opposite effects on the deposition of two major components of the extracellular matrix in vivo, at least during periods of rapid growth.”

it’s over for you guys VIT c reduces elastin,retin A kills fat pads, microneedling cause damage in the skin in the long run

What gay earth ngl
yeah just dont apply retin A below ur eyes ez

Should I start using Vitamin C serum on skin ?

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88