Swimming and Mouthbreathing

EliDKing

EliDKing

Iron
I used to swim at comp level like 5 times a week and i recently dropped it down to 1 times a week and more strength training. And i looked at older people in my club and i found a pattern that they were usually recessed. Also after i stopped swimming my sideprofile and face in general became so much better. Would this make any sense? Because when you swim you mouthbreath. 💀 Or am i stupid?

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
only if you breath like that all day long, I'm a swimmer and I know a lot of people who have well developed faces, so its mostly genetics and habits. the bad side effect is dry skin and damage to the hair. overall a great sport that has a lot of benefits

I used to swim at comp level like 5 times a week and i recently dropped it down to 1 times a week and more strength training. And i looked at older people in my club and i found a pattern that they were usually recessed. Also after i stopped swimming my sideprofile and face in general became so much better. Would this make any sense? Because when you swim you mouthbreath. 💀 Or am i stupid?
No because swimming like 3 hours every second day with mouth breathing but breathing out of the nose the rest of that time won’t change anything

• Hmm...
Reactions: EliDKing
only if you breath like that all day long, I'm a swimmer and I know a lot of people who have well developed faces, so its mostly genetics and habits. the bad side effect is dry skin and damage to the hair. overall a great sport that has a lot of benefits
Like what?

No because swimming like 3 hours every second day with mouth breathing but breathing out of the nose the rest of that time won’t change anything
Think about it this way, if you mouthbreath 1,5 hours 6 days out of 7. You'll spend 9 hours mouthbreathing in a week. That means 36 hours a month which is alot if you do that every month for years and years in your developing years aswell 💀

Think about it this way, if you mouthbreath 1,5 hours 6 days out of 7. You'll spend 9 hours mouthbreathing in a week. That means 36 hours a month which is alot if you do that every month for years and years in your developing years aswell 💀
Idk man I swim and breath through my nose

Also it makes ur neck posture straight there are no loss

• +1
Reactions: Azomn88
Doesnt make your bones bigger thats a misconception its train specific muscles which makes it seem like it
It doesnt change the bones but trains upper body muscles making ur frame look better

• +1
Reactions: Ihateskob
No bro I don’t know the names of swimming techniques neither do I know how to explain it to you
yeah okay so your not a comp swimmer like me who swims a dang lot. and i know the mouthbreathing is insane when i do swimming :ROFLMAO::( and dont try to be one tbh not worth it takes way too much time

yeah okay so your not a comp swimmer like me who swims a dang lot. and i know the mouthbreathing is insane when i do swimming :ROFLMAO::( and dont try to be one tbh not worth it takes way too much time
I never said I’m a comp swimmer,I also didn’t say I swim frequently since I do only twice a week

Like what?
more hgh, igf-1, insane endurance + flexibility, low bf most of the time, wider clavicles if you swim from young age ( even girls have wider shoulder), probably taller and longer arms (even if you not genetically gifted, you will be a bit better then most of your family ) . even if you don't have elite genes it could play a big role in ur development.
I walk around in competitions and most of the pro swimmers are prettier/cooler than your average dude/fem, I might be delusional but most of the time.
overall we all know its genetics but its probably plays huge role sooo. if you afraid that it will somehow ruin your appearance, and you're ready to sacrifice your sport in order to look a bit better (not 100% true that you will look better) then do it, but you will lose many opportunities, you wouldn't meet new people and you will not have any compete against people like you (fun)(something that you will be happy to work for) .

more hgh, igf-1, insane endurance + flexibility, low bf most of the time, wider clavicles if you swim from young age ( even girls have wider shoulder), probably taller and longer arms (even if you not genetically gifted, you will be a bit better then most of your family ) . even if you don't have elite genes it could play a big role in ur development.
I walk around in competitions and most of the pro swimmers are prettier/cooler than your average dude/fem, I might be delusional but most of the time.
overall we all know its genetics but its probably plays huge role sooo. if you afraid that it will somehow ruin your appearance, and you're ready to sacrifice your sport in order to look a bit better (not 100% true that you will look better) then do it, but you will lose many opportunities, you wouldn't meet new people and you will not have any compete against people like you (fun)(something that you will be happy to work for) .
right now im swimming for fun and you dont get more hgh and igf-1 idk what tf you talking about. Wide clavicles from swimming is cope and the only reason you think that is because of how muscles build when swimming. Not taller and not longer arms. The reason you think of the wide clavicles is related to swimming is because you have to be built like that to be good. It doesnt mean to you will get it from trying to get good :p

right now im swimming for fun and you dont get more hgh and igf-1 idk what tf you talking about. Wide clavicles from swimming is cope and the only reason you think that is because of how muscles build when swimming. Not taller and not longer arms. The reason you think of the wide clavicles is related to swimming is because you have to be built like that to be good. It doesnt mean to you will get it from trying to get good :p
bro like I said, its mostly gens. but there are some small changes, I didn't said you will have super wide clavicles, I just said a bit wider than without swimming (its obvious), slightly longer arms. also wide clavicles isn't a huge advantage, its not going to make you more hydrodynamic.

bro like I said, its mostly gens. but there are some small changes, I didn't said you will have super wide clavicles, I just said a bit wider than without swimming (its obvious), slightly longer arms. also wide clavicles isn't a huge advantage, its not going to make you more hydrodynamic.
no, thats right. but i though you were another one of those who things good swimmers get wide shoulders. no, they have it and thats what makes them better tbh

• +1
Reactions: Ihateskob
I mean I get it, its an advantage, but there is many other factors for a good swimmer, so I wrote it this way