Terrible Job Prospects in the Natural Sciences

PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
Particularly, in the biomedical/biochem sciences the job prospects are terrible.

Stuff like Drug Discovery ( which HGH works the best etc.) is so interesting and gives you the opportunity to get rich by patents/startups. However the initial Job prospects are terrible, there are no jobs except teaching. And even teaching is saturated. Research at university departments is paid shit and you have no geographical flexibility.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Chadeep, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
They don't studie it

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and PubertyMaxxer
They don't studie it
It seems as if the more moneymaxxing potential ( scalable product-based businesses) the worse the job prospects.

What's demanded is subservient dogs that work for a low wage like construction workers, nurses, codemonkeys etc.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Danish_Retard, thereallegend and 1 other person
tbh medicine is the only biology degree that you're sure to get a decent job with after. I'll probably go into medicine despite the horrendous opportunity cost just to be able to work with something biology related... :feelsohgod:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
tbh medicine is the only biology degree that you're sure to get a decent job with after. I'll probably go into medicine despite the horrendous opportunity cost just to be able to work with something biology related... :feelsohgod:
what specializations are you into

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Danish_Retard
what specializations are you into
From an outside view radiology and ophthalmology look very interesting. Especially with the recent progress in ophthalmology, science fiction shit lol

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
From an outside view radiology and ophthalmology look very interesting. Especially with the recent progress in ophthalmology, science fiction shit lol
What about CT surgery

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
What about CT surgery
IDK man tbh surgery never really looked interesting to me. My mum works within medicine and she dislikes doing surgery so perhaps it's just conditioning that makes me think this.

• +1
IDK man tbh surgery never really looked interesting to me. My mum works within medicine and she dislikes doing surgery so perhaps it's just conditioning that makes me think this.
Medicine is interesting but actual work can suck because you might hear patients crying and complaining day after day. I have heard that many young doctors don't like their job because it isn't what they expected it to be.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Medicine is interesting but actual work can suck because you might hear patients crying and complaining day after day. I have heard that many young doctors don't like their job because it isn't what they expected it to be.
Yeah, almost all medical-related fields have vastly higher suicide rates too, MD's, veterinaries, nurses, paramedics etc. All have a suicide rate way above the average.

From my perspective, it seems that it's people thinking they're gonna be rich respected doctors while in reality anyone within STEM that has invested will surpass them in wealth for 30+ years and nobody respects doctors anymore. That, plus hospitals taking advantage of naive doctors that want to sacrifice themself to help others which of course brings down the conditions for everyone else.

I don't know if it's actually worth it to go into medicine. I'm 100% sure I can get the grades to get in if I grind for it. But then I'll have to sacrifice time and energy to grind for a year to get in, then 11-15 years of grinding to become an actual doctor, all for what? The privilege to work with ungrateful normies and an interesting field.

Seems like a scam, but I don't really have any extraordinary skills to do something other than the norm, I have a good memory and I've never really cared about money so perhaps it's the best option for me...

• +1