The "1g per lbs of bodyweight" while training strength is a lie

averageblokecel

averageblokecel

The forum just went down baby, down
Okay, so this may come as new for you or maybe you believe that what I'm going to say it's bullshit (please argument in the thread) or whatever, but the "yurr not gon' to grow with less that 1 gram per pound of body weight everyday"

Now, this may seem as logical, but let's take a very protein dense food, a fried egg, 6 grams of protein in a quite cheap and small portion. If you weight around 180lbs (average for a young male), then you would need 30 fucking fried eggs a day. "But you are not supposed to eat only eggs!" and that's true, but protein, even whey protein, is fucking expensive for the amount you get. 1 serving of whey gets you around the 22g and 2 around 44, do that everyday and you will have consumed around 600g of whey in 10 days. What I'm trying to say is that protein is fucking expensive, even more if you are broke like me or your parents aren't going to give special treatment, like me.

"Shit man, but this is too scientific to not actually put any sources!" HAH! Got you there Tricky:
https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/8-lies-youve-been-told-about-protein
https://www.fitmole.org/1-gram-protein-cut/

The main point is that taking 1g/lbs is not necessary at all, further studies show that even as little as 0.64g/lbs is enough, taking between that and 1g is more than enough.

Tarnopolsky et al. (1992) observed no differences in whole body protein synthesis or indexes of lean body mass in strength athletes consuming either 0.64g/lb or 1.10g/lb over a 2 week period. Protein oxidation did increase in the high protein group, indicating a nutrient overload.
Lemon et al. (1992) found no differences in muscle mass or strength gains in novice bodybuilders consuming either 0.61g/lb or 1.19g/lb over a 4 week period. Based on nitrogen balance data, the authors recommended 0.75g/lb.
I went from getting 160-190 grams of protein per day down to averaging about 114 grams of protein per day.

Here’s what happened to me:

-Strength has stayed up across the board

Guys, this is actually good because now with the money we/you may save you could actually buy deodorant power for smelly shoes instead of stuffing them with newspaper!

Now if any of you have counter-arguments please express them down below because getting 176g of protein daily is quite fucking hard for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
JFL at gymceling
JFL at tracking macros
JFL at eating half a pound of protein

Just wait for the copers to arrive here

• +1
  • +1
I agree. You can, however, make use of more protein while on steroids because they significantly boost protein synthesis.

• +1
I agree. You can, however, make use of more protein while on steroids because they significantly boost protein synthesis.
Yeah but this applies to nattys (as everything posted about fitness), because as good ol' rippertoe or wendler said "a guy on steroids could literally whip his ass with toilet paper after taking a shit and that would count as a natty biceps curl"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and ZyzzReincarnate
im ecto so i dont need to consume that much protein i focus on getting a lot of carbs and fat

• +1
Yeah but this applies to nattys (as everything posted about fitness), because as good ol' rippertoe or wendler said "a guy on steroids could literally whip his ass with toilet paper after taking a shit and that would count as a natty biceps curl"
tru

• +1
  • +1
I thought you were a gymceller yourself
Will stop going to gay jewish gyms as soon as I am able to perform manual labour on the fields

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and averageblokecel
Will stop going to gay jewish gyms as soon as I am able to perform manual labour on the fields
"B-but goy! Gym and field labour are the same! Now pay me 40 shekels for your monthly subscription!"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Afrikancel
"B-but goy! Gym and field labour are the same! Now pay me 40 shekels for your monthly subscription!"
It just feels so unnatural, lifting weights THAT ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO BE EASY TO LIFT, in a boring and controlled manner, in an air conditioned gym. I

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Afrikancel
TBH, lifting a rod is cope tbh. Working in the field is real working out.

• +1
It just feels so unnatural, lifting weights THAT ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO BE EASY TO LIFT, in a boring and controlled manner, in an air conditioned gym. I
how are free weights designed to be easy

• +1
TBH, lifting a rod is cope tbh. Working in the field is real working out.
Can't even compare to the real world. See how many guys can lift a boulder, a log, another person, pretty much no one can.

• +1
Can't even compare to the real world. See how many guys can lift a boulder, a log, another person, pretty much no one can.
But but isn't all that matters is how much you bench?

• +1
But but isn't all that matters is how much you bench?
LOL NO

How much you can deadlift with the absolute perfect form, also lower squats!

• +1
  • +1
how are free weights designed to be easy

Two weights placed on the end of a bar. Very easy to grip, perfectly balanced, exact weight known, designed for range of motion ect ect

• +1
LOL NO

How much you can deadlift with the absolute perfect form, also lower squats!

Lol. JFL. Squats and deadlifts are for pussies. Never done either in my life.

• +1