The case against killing oneself

Haseeb

Haseeb

Morality has aesthetic standards
Relatively poorly written, maybe boring, a bit long. Although I am religious, I won’t be talking about it. I’m mostly writing for myself and my sanity.

Life does get miserable and after all nothing is promised except suffering and death. Sure, there may be fun moments in between but when the dust settles around you, you can see clearly the overwhelming amount of suffering ahead. One may be going through any of the endless worries which characterize life. Financial problems arise, one’s heart gets broken, one wakes up from the peaceful and happy slumber of naiveite and find reality unbearable, one’s own body imprisons his soul in despair with no way out or perhaps all of them at once. The absolute terror waiting beyond the realization that life isn’t going to be all of what we wanted or thought we were owed. The merry childish dreams are found out to be impossible constructs of optimistic thought severely and terribly opposed to what one’s life ends up as.

Looking around one may find no light symbolizing hope. In situations like these resentment creeps up and one becomes cynical. Even beauty itself starts to seem disgusting. One thinks “All this beauty around yet I can posses none of it. Maybe the governing order of the universe hates me. It thinks of my existence as foul thus all I experience is foul.” The pain and hopelessness become unbearable and one starts desperately to look for a way out, any way out.

In this search, one starts to try hard and better his situation, deny his dispositions and through effort try and bend reality of one’s being. But soon it is discovered that the fabric of reality is unbendable, the genetics given unchangeable, the psyche developed mostly unalterable and the past, unchangeable. The illusions of effort are shattered and reality stands naked (and it has a BBC? At least @funkyflamingo’s happy). Disappointed and hopeless, suicide now calls out.

Slight discomfort and then no more suffering. The guaranteed suffering can be denied! One doesn’t have to go through the pitiful situation called existence. Just one pull of a trigger, one rope and a knot or a brief scare of a fall and it’s all finished. I have to suffer no more! I didn’t want such terrible and miserable conditions thus I have the right to not bear them.

So, one loads the pistol, ties the rope or climbs a bridge, “Life hasn’t been fair to me. It wants me to die. Every single effort I have done to dampen or ease the suffering it has only created more. Everything I have put all my being into have yielded nothing but disappointments. If the world really is good than it maybe I who is evil itself and here my last attempt to eradicate all evil associated to me.” one thinks. Before firing the trigger, kicking the stool or making the leap one thinks “Is this it? A glorious joke surely. Maybe life laughs at me for my misery, mocks me for my condition. Here now it shall look at me while I kill myself and laugh again. It was always humorous for it, what a wretched creature indeed. Why did I ever try and ease my suffering? Only to become it’s laughing stock?”

But then one is grasped by a thought. “For all my time it has laughed on me and it shall also have the last laugh? As if my sufferings hadn’t been great enough when I was alive, should my end me as bad too? I must not let it laugh at me anymore! For all my existence it has been its evil design to inflict upon me suffering of all kinds. If it doesn’t allow me joy, I shall take its joy away from it. Yes, that’s what I shall do. I will not accept humiliation at its hands again, it is I who shall have the last laugh, I shall rebel!”

One shoots the pistol into the air, unties the rope or climbs down the building. “Till yet I have lived wrongly. From now on it shall be me making life cry!”. With this new resolve one sets out never to suffer again. Whatever comes one’s way can’t make one miserable. “Amor Fati!” one exclaims. The sufferings turn into flowerings of joy, from the darkness itself one was found in sprouts light and one laughs loudly not having accepted defeat.

Nothing is sacred and all is for one’s taking. Although at the end one does pass away but laughing in life’s face amidst all the suffering elevates one to noble heights far greater than life itself. One transcends life’s ordinariness.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”

Albert Camus

TLDR:

Life laugh when u suffer --> enter Delusion but not really --> Don’t kys --> overcame life

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sbrbrz777, Zeruel, piec and 4 others

• JFL
Reactions: Suns9999, Sean o' Tist, TechnoBoss and 3 others
@Arthur schopenhauer come read this neitzchean paragraph you old schizo

@NZb6Air @ryuken @Birdcell

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Dnr bhai but probably high iq. My friend name is also haseeb.

• +1
Reactions: Haseeb
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”

Albert Camus
Great quote, I agree. Plus the copes available nowadays are too good to rope anyway. For the average incel it makes no sense to rope. There will always be better things to do than be dead

• +1
Sounds like cope to me. The last laugh comes from you when you rope. It's your own choice against all that was never yours to decide. You were merely flowing with the stream of life, never in controll. To end the endless hopeless stream you can atleast use your own action in rebellion to the life in which you were merely a prisoner too. You always had some illusion of hope when there was none. Life for you was just suffering of seeing beauty which you know you should never see up close, you are different from this beauty. And it was decided long before you came to conscious that you and this beauty was incompatible. To end this misery is an act of rebellion, a last good bye, to find true peace and freedom. One last journey which you yourself decided and controlled fully, with consequences you could expect and predict.

Great bodily pain, or if the pain lasts a long time, we become indifferent to all other troubles: our recovery is what we desire most dearly. In the same way, great mental suffering makes us insensible to bodily suffering: we despise it. Nay, if it outweighs the other, we find it a beneficial distraction, a pause in our mental suffering. And so it is that suicide becomes easy; for the bodily pain that is bound up with it loses all importance in the eyes of one who is tormented by excessive mental suffering. This is particularly obvious in the case of those who are driven to commit suicide through some purely morbid and discordant feeling. They have no feelings to overcome; they do not need to rush at it, but as soon as the keeper who looks after them leaves them for two minutes they quickly put an end to their life.

When in some horrid and frightful dream we reach the highest pitch of terror, it awakens us, scattering all the monsters of the night. The same thing happens in the dream of life, when the greatest degree of terror compels us to break it off.

Suicide may also be looked upon as an experiment, as a question which man puts to Nature and compels her to answer. It asks, what change a man's existence and knowledge of things experience through death? It is an awkward experiment to make; for it destroys the very consciousness that awaits the answer.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and truthhurts
Great bodily pain, or if the pain lasts a long time, we become indifferent to all other troubles: our recovery is what we desire most dearly. In the same way, great mental suffering makes us insensible to bodily suffering: we despise it. Nay, if it outweighs the other, we find it a beneficial distraction, a pause in our mental suffering. And so it is that suicide becomes easy; for the bodily pain that is bound up with it loses all importance in the eyes of one who is tormented by excessive mental suffering. This is particularly obvious in the case of those who are driven to commit suicide through some purely morbid and discordant feeling. They have no feelings to overcome; they do not need to rush at it, but as soon as the keeper who looks after them leaves them for two minutes they quickly put an end to their life.

When in some horrid and frightful dream we reach the highest pitch of terror, it awakens us, scattering all the monsters of the night. The same thing happens in the dream of life, when the greatest degree of terror compels us to break it off.

Suicide may also be looked upon as an experiment, as a question which man puts to Nature and compels her to answer. It asks, what change a man's existence and knowledge of things experience through death? It is an awkward experiment to make; for it destroys the very consciousness that awaits the answer.
yea avg incel isn't Schopenhauer, great bodily pain is a great trial truly difficult too. both mental and bodily pain together is brutal too

Sounds like cope to me. The last laugh comes from you when you rope. It's your own choice against all that was never yours to decide. You were merely flowing with the stream of life, never in controll. To end the endless hopeless stream you can atleast use your own action in rebellion to the life in which you were merely a prisoner too. You always had some illusion of hope when there was none. Life for you was just suffering of seeing beauty which you know you should never see up close, you are different from this beauty. And it was decided long before you came to conscious that you and this beauty was incompatible. To end this misery is an act of rebellion, a last good bye, to find true peace and freedom. One last journey which you yourself decided and controlled fully, with consequences you could expect and predict.
No one commits suicide in a happy and upbeat way

Relatively poorly written, maybe boring, a bit long. Although I am religious, I won’t be talking about it. I’m mostly writing for myself and my sanity.

Life does get miserable and after all nothing is promised except suffering and death. Sure, there may be fun moments in between but when the dust settles around you, you can see clearly the overwhelming amount of suffering ahead. One may be going through any of the endless worries which characterize life. Financial problems arise, one’s heart gets broken, one wakes up from the peaceful and happy slumber of naiveite and find reality unbearable, one’s own body imprisons his soul in despair with no way out or perhaps all of them at once. The absolute terror waiting beyond the realization that life isn’t going to be all of what we wanted or thought we were owed. The merry childish dreams are found out to be impossible constructs of optimistic thought severely and terribly opposed to what one’s life ends up as.

Looking around one may find no light symbolizing hope. In situations like these resentment creeps up and one becomes cynical. Even beauty itself starts to seem disgusting. One thinks “All this beauty around yet I can posses none of it. Maybe the governing order of the universe hates me. It thinks of my existence as foul thus all I experience is foul.” The pain and hopelessness become unbearable and one starts desperately to look for a way out, any way out.

In this search, one starts to try hard and better his situation, deny his dispositions and through effort try and bend reality of one’s being. But soon it is discovered that the fabric of reality is unbendable, the genetics given unchangeable, the psyche developed mostly unalterable and the past, unchangeable. The illusions of effort are shattered and reality stands naked (and it has a BBC? At least @funkyflamingo’s happy). Disappointed and hopeless, suicide now calls out.

Slight discomfort and then no more suffering. The guaranteed suffering can be denied! One doesn’t have to go through the pitiful situation called existence. Just one pull of a trigger, one rope and a knot or a brief scare of a fall and it’s all finished. I have to suffer no more! I didn’t want such terrible and miserable conditions thus I have the right to not bear them.

So, one loads the pistol, ties the rope or climbs a bridge, “Life hasn’t been fair to me. It wants me to die. Every single effort I have done to dampen or ease the suffering it has only created more. Everything I have put all my being into have yielded nothing but disappointments. If the world really is good than it maybe I who is evil itself and here my last attempt to eradicate all evil associated to me.” one thinks. Before firing the trigger, kicking the stool or making the leap one thinks “Is this it? A glorious joke surely. Maybe life laughs at me for my misery, mocks me for my condition. Here now it shall look at me while I kill myself and laugh again. It was always humorous for it, what a wretched creature indeed. Why did I ever try and ease my suffering? Only to become it’s laughing stock?”

But then one is grasped by a thought. “For all my time it has laughed on me and it shall also have the last laugh? As if my sufferings hadn’t been great enough when I was alive, should my end me as bad too? I must not let it laugh at me anymore! For all my existence it has been its evil design to inflict upon me suffering of all kinds. If it doesn’t allow me joy, I shall take its joy away from it. Yes, that’s what I shall do. I will not accept humiliation at its hands again, it is I who shall have the last laugh, I shall rebel!”

One shoots the pistol into the air, unties the rope or climbs down the building. “Till yet I have lived wrongly. From now on it shall be me making life cry!”. With this new resolve one sets out never to suffer again. Whatever comes one’s way can’t make one miserable. “Amor Fati!” one exclaims. The sufferings turn into flowerings of joy, from the darkness itself one was found in sprouts light and one laughs loudly not having accepted defeat.

Nothing is sacred and all is for one’s taking. Although at the end one does pass away but laughing in life’s face amidst all the suffering elevates one to noble heights far greater than life itself. One transcends life’s ordinariness.

Albert Camus

TLDR:

Life laugh when u suffer --> enter Delusion but not really --> Don’t kys --> overcame life

No one commits suicide in a happy and upbeat way
No but if he doesn't live happy, and he knows there will be no way this life will be worth it. Then it will at least in principle be happy and upbeat. But ofc the body will try to not kill itself, but rationally you know the choice is right and is freeing.

Don’t kys --> overcame life
That's not how it works. You don't overcome life (wage slavery, taxes, inflation, etc...)

For most people, problems in life are unavailable, you know, poverty, wage slavery, having to work a job you couldn't care less about, endless taxes and inflation, and more...

You don't overcome life, life overcomes you. This is what happens in most cases. Most people will never be like Andrew Tate or like someone in the Top 1%.

No but if he doesn't live happy, and he knows there will be no way this life will be worth it. Then it will at least in principle be happy and upbeat. But ofc the body will try to not kill itself, but rationally you know the choice is right and is freeing.
Happiness isn't the objective, it's a byproduct for proper living

• +1
Reactions: lurking truecel
That's not how it works. You don't overcome life (wage slavery, taxes, inflation, etc...)

For most people, problems in life are unavailable, you know, poverty, wage slavery, having to work a job you couldn't care less about, endless taxes and inflation, and more...

You don't overcome life, life overcomes you. This is what happens in most cases. Most people will never be like Andrew Tate or like someone in the Top 1%.
For a moment, very briefly, you do stand as larger than life itself. Obv death is inevitable and all that

Will copy every word of this for my suicide note.

• JFL
Reactions: Suns9999, sbrbrz777, Sean o' Tist and 1 other person
Bookmarked, might need this in folloving year

• +1
@Haseeb is from rwp
Really? @Haseeb If you wanna meet uncle Gengar or have cousins my age who would be down to meet uncle Gengar, lemme know. :Comfy:

• JFL
Reactions: vernier
Yo dis nigga really gotta roll a boulder up a hill for eternity and this mfer like "we must imagine Sisyphus happy" :feelsuhh:

Really? @Haseeb If you wanna meet uncle Gengar or have cousins my age who would be down to meet uncle Gengar, lemme know. :Comfy:
I want to meet uncle Gengar but maintain a 6ft distance until I confirm no bad touches