The Effects Of Prolonged Obesity & Starvation On Growth Plate Closure

suifuel my brother is 3 inches taller than me because of this (5’9 6’)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick and enchanted_elixir
Warning: This thread will be mostly copypasta!

----------------------------------------------------------------
From: ----------------------------------------------------------------
The effect of nutrition on infant bone age was studied. Bone age was examined in children with different degrees of malnutrition using wrist X-Rays and comparing them with Greulich and Pyle Atlas. There were no differences in the socioeconomic level of the different groups. In obese children bone age was advanced, while in under-nourished, it was retarded. The more severe the undernutrition the more delayed the bone age. A positive correlation between the percentage of variation of bone age and chronological age, and percentage of height for age was found. A greater delay in bone age was detected in undernourished children who had been small for date infants.

View attachment 1954265

The more severe the undernutrition the more delayed the bone age. A positive correlation between the percentage of variation of bone age and chronological age, and percentage of height for age was found. A greater delay in bone age was detected in undernourished children who had been small for date infants.

View attachment 1954267
Dr Lui reviews key regulatory mechanisms of longitudinal bone growth at the growth plate, and the impact of nutrition on growth rate and growth duration. Research findings support that children grow taller because of a functional and responsive growth plate. Nutrition plays a critical role in modulating levels and effects of hormones that impact growth rate. Research findings show that growth plate senescence is driven more by growth than time. Malnutrition, which limits growth, also has the effect of reducing the rate of growth plate senescence, thus helping enable catch up growth when adequate nutrition is restored.

View attachment 1954270

My hypothesis is that since you're malnourished, your body doesn't have the required materials to make that much estrogen, delaying growth plate closure.

TLDR: Skinny, malnourished people have growth plates that are more open than obese people.

@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur Chadeep@Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @KING REIDYZ @AscendingHero @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @FailedNormieManlet @Lars @Korea @bogii @StreegeReturn @Biggdink @eren1 @Reckless Turtle @Broly Banderas @House Lannister @WannabeJock @Racky @Erik-Jón @heightface @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Clark69 @ilovelamp08 @St.TikTokcel
@Anstrum95 @TeenAscender @loox @justadude @vaseqmoherad @astatine @Amnesia @Sigmamale @anya @Assyrian_Warrior @FreakkForLife @Afrikancel @Alexanderr @HQNPmaxxing @currylightskin @BasedPsychiatrist @´´´´´´´´ @ALP @HOLYFUARK @Chadpreetmaybe @BeenLMSsinceMSN @Kroker @oldcelloser @Tinydragon98 @Hiraeth @ascension! @HimmyButler @latincell95 @latino_ @capybara @crimclown63 @Zures @Unsh @reptiles @pneumocystosis @Moggie
JFL it’s over for me I love eating

• JFL
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
I'm just saying. For people like @curlyheadjames and @luljankybo, their growth plates are open because they're starvemaxxed (I think)
If you're obese though... :forcedsmile:

fuck yes i just did 10iu today and yesterday emptying vials like it's beer lmfao
i will not accept my fate

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 22126
Thanks for the share, this is really interesting.

One would argue that eating a lot during puberty would positively correlate with increased height HOWEVER this study could be suggesting the opposite, and that the growth would only be delayed.

Idk if I should still have hope but this is lifefuel for me regardless.

Thanks!!!
The point of this is thread was really that skinny people have more open growth plates than obese people.

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
@enchanted_elixir What percentage do you recommend I go down to? Am I 18% at 16 years old?

Last edited:
  • JFL
Skinny and malnourished man present, I have not been able to gain weight for two years and I always felt that my growth was behind other men, I am almost 19 years old and I am 180cm tall , is there a way that I can still grow?

I'm about to increase my testosterone and DHT levels with Butea Superba and Tongkat Ali, then lower estrogen levels with Arimistane, next I'll do stretches + inversion table + raised saddle bike and short sprints

• +1
Bodyfat, right?
If so, the ideal range is 8-12
@Unsh

Skinny and malnourished man present, I have not been able to gain weight for two years and I always felt that my growth was behind other men, I am almost 19 years old and I am 180cm tall , is there a way that I can still grow?
Check out my heightmaxing guide.

• +1
Reactions: Kokra
  • JFL
Warning: This thread will be mostly copypasta!

The effect of nutrition on infant bone age was studied. Bone age was examined in children with different degrees of malnutrition using wrist X-Rays and comparing them with Greulich and Pyle Atlas. There were no differences in the socioeconomic level of the different groups. In obese children bone age was advanced, while in under-nourished, it was retarded. The more severe the undernutrition the more delayed the bone age. A positive correlation between the percentage of variation of bone age and chronological age, and percentage of height for age was found. A greater delay in bone age was detected in undernourished children who had been small for date infants.

View attachment 1954265

The more severe the undernutrition the more delayed the bone age. A positive correlation between the percentage of variation of bone age and chronological age, and percentage of height for age was found. A greater delay in bone age was detected in undernourished children who had been small for date infants.

View attachment 1954267
Dr Lui reviews key regulatory mechanisms of longitudinal bone growth at the growth plate, and the impact of nutrition on growth rate and growth duration. Research findings support that children grow taller because of a functional and responsive growth plate. Nutrition plays a critical role in modulating levels and effects of hormones that impact growth rate. Research findings show that growth plate senescence is driven more by growth than time. Malnutrition, which limits growth, also has the effect of reducing the rate of growth plate senescence, thus helping enable catch up growth when adequate nutrition is restored.

View attachment 1954270

My hypothesis is that since you're malnourished, your body doesn't have the required materials to make that much estrogen, delaying growth plate closure.

TLDR: Skinny, malnourished people have growth plates that are more open than obese people.

@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur Chadeep@Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @KING REIDYZ @AscendingHero @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @FailedNormieManlet @Lars @Korea @bogii @StreegeReturn @Biggdink @eren1 @Reckless Turtle @Broly Banderas @House Lannister @WannabeJock @Racky @Erik-Jón @heightface @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Clark69 @ilovelamp08 @St.TikTokcel
@Anstrum95 @TeenAscender @loox @justadude @vaseqmoherad @astatine @Amnesia @Sigmamale @anya @Assyrian_Warrior @FreakkForLife @Afrikancel @Alexanderr @HQNPmaxxing @currylightskin @BasedPsychiatrist @´´´´´´´´ @ALP @HOLYFUARK @Chadpreetmaybe @BeenLMSsinceMSN @Kroker @oldcelloser @Tinydragon98 @Hiraeth @ascension! @HimmyButler @latincell95 @latino_ @capybara @crimclown63 @Zures @Unsh @reptiles @pneumocystosis @Moggie
That's probably why I'm taller than my bro. But he got bigger dick tbh. For now....😒🙄

• +1
being fat in childhood and teens is something you cant control
Just tell your mother to stop feeding you.
Or let the food rot in your room.

• Love it
Reactions: gribsufer1
  • JFL
Reactions: gribsufer1 and Deleted member 22126