The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

Deleted member 206

Deleted member 206

200cm giga mogger
The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide
how to get... ideal eyebrows

Eyebrows are often neglected and undervalued, but they can affect your looks vastly just like haircuts do. In this thread I am going to introduce you to my perception of ideal eyebrows and the importance of them, elobrate the reasons behind it and also explain how to groom them properly. If you have little to no eyebrow growth - do not worry, because I will cover this issue later in this thread.

The Importance

Eyebrows have many reasons why there are so crucial. On the one hand there are evolutionary reasons, which I will elobrate later, on the other hand they are needed to recognize people and seperate them from eachother. People would have a hard time recognizing you if you'd shave them off completely. The same wouldn't occur, if you would get rid of your lashes or get jaw fillers for example. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that even the slightest change of your eyebrows will have a great impact on your looks and how people percieve you.

The Shape

Jayv

There are various eyebrow shapes and each of them has a different impact on your face. Most guides I have seen advise you to pick a shape based on your face shape. In my opinion however; flat eyebrows are the most ideal for men, no matter what your face shape looks like. You want your eye area to be as compact and hunter-like as possible, as this gets percieved as an alpha trait. So having round shaped eyebrows for instance, will make you look worse.

Here's me with round and flat eyebrows. I've had posted it before:

The Thickness

The thickness itself is very important, because of the same evolutionary reasons why a prominent brow bone or a highset cheekbone is important for males. All of them were meant to protect the eyes while hunting or fighting. (Not only the thickness of the eyebrows, but also the length, set and density) Hence they should be thick, but there's still a limit.

The Outer Length

Your eyebrows should at least reach the outer part of your eyelids. I found that they look better if they're longer than that (reaching your cheekbones or going a little further), since horizontal length of your eyebrows also contributes to achieving hunter eyes.

Here is an example showing you the minimum and ideal length:

The Inner Length

The inner part of your eyebrows should be almost parellel to your nosedrills. Too much gap between them looks feminine. Having too less space shows that you don't take care of yourself.

The Set (optional)

The closer your eyebrows are set to your eyes the better. There are only a few ways to change the set beside surgery, I'll name them later in "The Growth" section. However having high set eyebrows is definitely not a death sentence, you can be good looking with high set eyebrows, but you will be lacking the alpha/slayer look, because of the increased vertical length of your eye area.

Here are some examples of low set eyebrows

Beauty tips male models 222559 1497195079004 image700x0c Jon lead Perfect tousle haircut for men

Examples of high set eyebrows

Download 1 Ryan Gosling Triangular 248x300 Male models 3a

The Tilt

This is something that many people don't even notice. Negative tilted eyebrows causes your whole eye area to look beta. The ideal is either neutral or positive tilted. What fits you better will depend on the set of your eyebrows, the canthal tilt of your eyes, tissue length, jaw angularity and harmony in general. For instance, if you have negative tilted eyes, positive tilted eyebrows can balance out your eye area. High set eyebrows don't go too well with a positive tilt, since it makes your eye area even taller. 'Hunter' eyebrows can be achieved with both neutral and negative tilted eyebrows, but they need to be low set in the first place.

The Density

There's not much to say here. Everyone should know that eyebrows with low density make you less attractive.

Find the difference:
[IMAGE DELETED BY REQUEST OF POSTER]

The Color

Colors FINAL

Dark brown or black is ideal, since they make your brows look more dense. If you're the blonde phenotype with blonde eyebrows that are hardly visible, you should try to dye them to a slightly darker shade after you tried the stuff I listed below..

The Growth

If you have thin eyebrows you can

The Grooming

So if you have thick and dense eyebrows now, you can start shaping them. This can be made with a tweezer or a blade, I recommend using a tweezer first if you never shaped your eyebrows before. Don't use a blade for outer eyebrows.

Pick the hairs where your brows start to arch down, if you want to make them straighter. If you want a positive tilt you need to grow hairs on the right area.

Make sure they are symmetrical. When I shape my eyebrows I use a reversed mirror to spot asymmetry more effectively, but you can use a normal mirror too.

Don't overdo your eyebrows in case you don't want to look gay. You can avoid looking like the guy below by keeping some hairs around your eyebrows. This is why I said you shouldn't use a blade for outer brows:

The apprentice 2013 Alex 590x350

You can brush your eyebrows and wax them. I do this daily and it doesn't look tryhard aslong you don't use too much.of it. It gives a more neat look.

If you are done reshaping and grooming, take a picture if you like, so you can take it as a sample when new hairs start to grow out.

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lynxress, leonas, DelonLover1999 and 148 others
You are using the same picture for "the thickness" and "the outer length"? Also, in your opinion, can ok-ish eyebrows make up for mild upper eyelid exposure?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Christiano, Mizi44, shalomnigga and 2 others
Good post op! High IQ

• +1
Reactions: Mizi44, Jendra._, RAMU KAKA and 12 others
Pogchamp. Too bad if I use any eyebrow stuff it wont make my eye area better, but still good!
@11gaijin

My dad has low set dark thick positive tilting eyebrows with hooded eyes. Guess what I don't have

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: disheartenedcel, quinfluence, pentamogged9000 and 27 others
ou are using the same picture for "the thickness" and "the outer length"?
No
Also, in your opinion, can ok-ish eyebrows make up for mild upper eyelid exposure?
Don't know what you consider as ok ish, but good eyebrows can make up for it, yes. Especially if you try getting thicker lashes too.
Pogchamp. Too bad if I use any eyebrow stuff it wont make my eye area better, but still good!
@11gaijin
Edit: sorry misread your post, what makes u think that it wouldnt change anything on your area?

Last edited:
Very good post and great formatting too. Stickied
@11gaijin
Why?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206
Excellent, will bookmark.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 48066, Lorsss and Deleted member 206
Just realized I have negative tilted eyebrows. I always thought I had decent eyebrows. Fuck this stupid life.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: totallynotnash, jdz6777, Deleted member 48066 and 10 others
Rate my brows
20181231 120533

• +1
Reactions: mogging
Eyebrows that look too maintained on the edges, don't look natural. Kinda looks drawn with a pencil. But the shape, tilt, and thickness def aren't bad.
Wdym by too maintained on the edges?

20181231 163807

Looking upwards slightly. Eyes aren't usually that hooded. Are they dense enough?

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: axeyyek, n0rthface, Prince88 and 7 others
Wdym by too maintained on the edges?
I mean it looks too straight and not bushy. Like you've plucked them too perfectly (or maybe it's naturally like that). Eyebrows aren't bad though, I'd be more concerned with scleral show in your eyes...

Is that bad?:feelsmega: what do I do? :feelswow:
Consult someone else, I don't have that issue so didn't really care about it. I'm sure there are fillers you can use on the lower eyelids to raise them. Definitely looks bad as it looks like prey eyes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and CupOfCoffee
U guys want a similar thread about haircutmaxxing?

Yes they are. Your eye area is close to perfection tbh
Yup, also make a section for baldingcels plz :feelsbadman:

U guys want a similar thread about haircutmaxxing?

Yes they are. Your eye area is close to perfection tbh
Yes man. Haircut would be great. Also your posts are good I’m looking forward to your post about 11gaijinmaxxing if it would ever come.

Fucking brilliant. Straight to the point and well written.

high iq quality post

@Felix97 do you think positive tilted eyebrows are better than neutral for relatively low set brows? my length is close to ideal but I have a slight curve on the outer edges and they aren't as thick as I'd like them to be at the inner part so they look kinda negatively curved but they're neutral

Yup, also make a section for baldingcels plz :feelsbadman:
Yeah, it would include a section for baldingcels. I am one too:feelsbadman:

Yes man. Haircut would be great. Also your posts are good I’m looking forward to your post about 11gaijinmaxxing if it would ever come.
Thanks bro. The usermaxxing series will continue. You wont like your thread it got a bit nasty:feelshehe:
Fucking brilliant. Straight to the point and well written.
Ty, means a lot srs
high iq quality post

@Felix97 do you think positive tilted eyebrows are better than neutral for relatively low set brows? my length is close to ideal but I have a slight curve on the outer edges and they aren't as thick as I'd like them to be at the inner part so they look kinda negatively curved but they're neutral
Thanks. Imo low set+ positive tilted looks more dominant, but it still depends on a few things I stated in the original post. How’s your canthal tilt? Anyway your issue can be easily solved by growing hairs on your inner eyebrows and plucking out hairs on the edges.

• +1
Reactions: draco and Deleted member 470
Thanks bro. The usermaxxing series will continue. You wont like your thread it got a bit nasty:feelshehe:
:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree: Send it to me for approval before posting :banhammer::banhammer::banhammer::banhammer::banhammer::banhammer:

• +1
Finally advice that isn't turbo autism.

• +1
Reactions: infini and Deleted member 206
Yeah, it would include a section for baldingcels. I am one too:feelsbadman:

Ty, means a lot srs

Thanks. Imo low set+ positive tilted looks more dominant, but it still depends on a few things I stated in the original post. How’s your canthal tilt? Anyway your issue can be easily solved by growing hairs on your inner eyebrows and plucking out hairs on the edges.
I have neutral or maybe slightly positive canthal tilt I think, but I might be retarded tbh. Can I pm u a pic?

My eyes nct beats the shit out of my positively tilted eyebrows tbh, it is over

So, basically you can make them a little bit thicker and longer, make them flatter (more straight), change their color and groom. But you cannot change the angle, it is over

Last edited:
So, basically you can make them a little bit thicker and longer, make them flatter (more straight), change their color and groom. But you cannot change the angle, it is over
Changing the angle is almost impossible sadly. All you can do is either hope that you can grow some hair above your eyebrows or get an eyebrow transplant.

• +1
Reactions: dodt
The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide
how to get... ideal eyebrows

Eyebrows are often neglected and undervalued, but they can affect your looks vastly just like haircuts do. In this thread I am going to introduce you to my perception of ideal eyebrows and the importance of them, elobrate the reasons behind it and also explain how to groom them properly. If you have little to no eyebrow growth - do not worry, because I will cover this issue later in this thread.

The Importance

Eyebrows have many reasons why there are so crucial. On the one hand there are evolutionary reasons, which I will elobrate later, on the other hand they are needed to recognize people and seperate them from eachother. People would have a hard time recognizing you if you'd shave them off completely. The same wouldn't occur, if you would get rid of your lashes or get jaw fillers for example. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that even the slightest change of your eyebrows will have a great impact on your looks and how people percieve you.

The Shape

There are various eyebrow shapes and each of them has a different impact on your face. Most guides I have seen advise you to pick a shape based on your face shape. In my opinion however; flat eyebrows are the most ideal for men, no matter what your face shape looks like. You want your eye area to be as compact and hunter-like as possible, as this gets percieved as an alpha trait. So having round shaped eyebrows for instance, will make you look worse.

Here's me with round and flat eyebrows. I've had posted it before:

The Thickness

The thickness itself is very important, because of the same evolutionary reasons why a prominent brow bone or a highset cheekbone is important for males. All of them were meant to protect the eyes while hunting or fighting. (Not only the thickness of the eyebrows, but also the length, set and density) Hence they should be thick, but there's still a limit.

The Outer Length

Your eyebrows should at least reach the outer part of your eyelids. I found that they look better if they're longer than that (reaching your cheekbones or going a little further), since horizontal length of your eyebrows also contributes to achieving hunter eyes.

Here is an example showing you the minimum and ideal length:

The Inner Length

The inner part of your eyebrows should be almost parellel to your nosedrills. Too much gap between them looks feminine. Having too less space shows that you don't take care of yourself.

The Set (optional)

The closer your eyebrows are set to your eyes the better. There are only a few ways to change the set beside surgery, I'll name them later in "The Growth" section. However having high set eyebrows is definitely not a death sentence, you can be good looking with high set eyebrows, but you will be lacking the alpha/slayer look, because of the increased vertical length of your eye area.

The Tilt

This is something that many people don't even notice. Negative tilted eyebrows causes your whole eye area to look beta. The ideal is either neutral or positive tilted. What fits you better will depend on the set of your eyebrows, the canthal tilt of your eyes, tissue length, jaw angularity and harmony in general. For instance, if you have negative tilted eyes, positive tilted eyebrows can balance out your eye area. High set eyebrows don't go too well with a positive tilt, since it makes your eye area even taller. 'Hunter' eyebrows can be achieved with both neutral and negative tilted eyebrows, but they need to be low set in the first place.

The Density

There's not much to say here. Everyone should know that eyebrows with low density make you less attractive.

Find the difference:
View attachment 9915

The Color

Dark brown or black is ideal, since they make your brows look more dense. If you're the blonde phenotype with blonde eyebrows that are hardly visible, you should try to dye them to a slightly darker shade after you tried the stuff I listed below..

The Growth

If you have thin eyebrows you can

The Grooming

So if you have thick and dense eyebrows now, you can start shaping them. This can be made with a tweezer or a blade, I recommend using a tweezer first if you never shaped your eyebrows before. Don't use a blade for outer eyebrows.

Pick the hairs where your brows start to arch down, if you want to make them straighter. If you want a positive tilt you need to grow hairs on the right area.

Make sure they are symmetrical. When I shape my eyebrows I use a reversed mirror to spot asymmetry more effectively, but you can use a normal mirror too.

Don't overdo your eyebrows in case you don't want to look gay. You can avoid looking like the guy below by keeping some hairs around your eyebrows. This is why I said you shouldn't use a blade for outer brows:

You can brush your eyebrows and wax them. I do this daily and it doesn't look tryhard aslong you don't use too much.of it. It gives a more neat look.

If you are done reshaping and grooming, take a picture if you like, so you can take it as a sample when new hairs start to grow out.

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Great thread, I have everything like you mentioned but my eyebrows are netural or a tiny bit negetive tilt, any way to fix this?

Nice man I like the effort

• +1
Great thread, I have everything like you mentioned but my eyebrows are netural or a tiny bit negetive tilt, any way to fix this?
Pm me

Finally, a legit post.

@TRUE_CEL now I see what you meant. I used the same pic twice. My cookies fooled me.
Finally, a legit post.
Thanks

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
@TRUE_CEL now I see what you meant. I used the same pic twice. My cookies fooled me.

Thanks
I didn't see that one of them was an album haha. My bad.

I didn't see that one of them was an album haha. My bad.
Wasn‘t meant to be an album. I fucked up by uploading all pictures at once. I‘ll get it fixed soon

Great thread thanks! I am screwed. I have blonde sparse nonexistent brows thanks to my cursed ginger hair. I literally look like that Bieber pic. Wish there was a way to darken them naturally without resorting to dye. Been using castor oil for about a week now...will see how that goes.

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel and Deleted member 206
442.jpg

• +1
Reactions: pentamogged9000 and Insomniac