The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide
how to get... ideal eyebrows

Eyebrows are often neglected and undervalued, but they can affect your looks vastly just like haircuts do. In this thread I am going to introduce you to my perception of ideal eyebrows and the importance of them, elobrate the reasons behind it and also explain how to groom them properly. If you have little to no eyebrow growth - do not worry, because I will cover this issue later in this thread.

The Importance

Eyebrows have many reasons why there are so crucial. On the one hand there are evolutionary reasons, which I will elobrate later, on the other hand they are needed to recognize people and seperate them from eachother. People would have a hard time recognizing you if you'd shave them off completely. The same wouldn't occur, if you would get rid of your lashes or get jaw fillers for example. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that even the slightest change of your eyebrows will have a great impact on your looks and how people percieve you.

The Shape

Jayv

There are various eyebrow shapes and each of them has a different impact on your face. Most guides I have seen advise you to pick a shape based on your face shape. In my opinion however; flat eyebrows are the most ideal for men, no matter what your face shape looks like. You want your eye area to be as compact and hunter-like as possible, as this gets percieved as an alpha trait. So having round shaped eyebrows for instance, will make you look worse.

Here's me with round and flat eyebrows. I've had posted it before:

The Thickness

The thickness itself is very important, because of the same evolutionary reasons why a prominent brow bone or a highset cheekbone is important for males. All of them were meant to protect the eyes while hunting or fighting. (Not only the thickness of the eyebrows, but also the length, set and density) Hence they should be thick, but there's still a limit.

The Outer Length

Your eyebrows should at least reach the outer part of your eyelids. I found that they look better if they're longer than that (reaching your cheekbones or going a little further), since horizontal length of your eyebrows also contributes to achieving hunter eyes.

Here is an example showing you the minimum and ideal length:

The Inner Length

The inner part of your eyebrows should be almost parellel to your nosedrills. Too much gap between them looks feminine. Having too less space shows that you don't take care of yourself.

The Set (optional)

The closer your eyebrows are set to your eyes the better. There are only a few ways to change the set beside surgery, I'll name them later in "The Growth" section. However having high set eyebrows is definitely not a death sentence, you can be good looking with high set eyebrows, but you will be lacking the alpha/slayer look, because of the increased vertical length of your eye area.

Here are some examples of low set eyebrows

Beauty tips male models 222559 1497195079004 image700x0c Jon lead Perfect tousle haircut for men

Examples of high set eyebrows

Download 1 Ryan Gosling Triangular 248x300 Male models 3a

The Tilt

This is something that many people don't even notice. Negative tilted eyebrows causes your whole eye area to look beta. The ideal is either neutral or positive tilted. What fits you better will depend on the set of your eyebrows, the canthal tilt of your eyes, tissue length, jaw angularity and harmony in general. For instance, if you have negative tilted eyes, positive tilted eyebrows can balance out your eye area. High set eyebrows don't go too well with a positive tilt, since it makes your eye area even taller. 'Hunter' eyebrows can be achieved with both neutral and negative tilted eyebrows, but they need to be low set in the first place.

The Density

There's not much to say here. Everyone should know that eyebrows with low density make you less attractive.

Find the difference:
[IMAGE DELETED BY REQUEST OF POSTER]

The Color

Colors FINAL

Dark brown or black is ideal, since they make your brows look more dense. If you're the blonde phenotype with blonde eyebrows that are hardly visible, you should try to dye them to a slightly darker shade after you tried the stuff I listed below..

The Growth

If you have thin eyebrows you can

The Grooming

So if you have thick and dense eyebrows now, you can start shaping them. This can be made with a tweezer or a blade, I recommend using a tweezer first if you never shaped your eyebrows before. Don't use a blade for outer eyebrows.

Pick the hairs where your brows start to arch down, if you want to make them straighter. If you want a positive tilt you need to grow hairs on the right area.

Make sure they are symmetrical. When I shape my eyebrows I use a reversed mirror to spot asymmetry more effectively, but you can use a normal mirror too.

Don't overdo your eyebrows in case you don't want to look gay. You can avoid looking like the guy below by keeping some hairs around your eyebrows. This is why I said you shouldn't use a blade for outer brows:

The apprentice 2013 Alex 590x350

You can brush your eyebrows and wax them. I do this daily and it doesn't look tryhard aslong you don't use too much.of it. It gives a more neat look.

If you are done reshaping and grooming, take a picture if you like, so you can take it as a sample when new hairs start to grow out.

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lynxress, leonas, DelonLover1999 and 148 others
Great thread, do the hairmax thread please
49264338 517144835439449 2382695637884862464 n

Is it good like that or should I cut even more on the sides like that :
49264338 517144835439449 23826956378848624

Or even hit them differently ?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sasaz2 and Deleted member 206
Great thread, do the hairmax thread please
View attachment 10206
Is it good like that or should I cut even more on the sides like that :
View attachment 10207
Or even hit them differently ?
You should pluck the red spots, and grow hair on green spots

Couldn‘t make it perfectly symmetrical, coz I am on phone right now
2286C9A2 03A2 420B 856E 3A47979209AB

• +1
Reactions: Salludon
Thanks a lot for the answer bro
Doing the changes right now
Np, but make sure you are growing some hairs on your inner eyebrows though. It‘s necessary

Before :
After pic :
49490977 376892559735098 5982325312258572288 n

No big changes because I had already done most of the job before showing 1st picture + I'm a little bit scared of hitting them too much since it's one of the first time I do it.
Np, but make sure you are growing some hairs on your inner eyebrows though. It‘s necessary
when you said minoxidil, you mean applying it directly on the eyebrows ?

Last edited:
Before : View attachment 10219After pic :View attachment 10218
No big changes because I had already done most of the job before showing 1st picture + I'm a little bit scared of hitting them too much since it's one of the first time I do it.

Hit them a little more on the edges

You can click on 'minoxidil‘ in my guide, it will direct you to another guide

Hit them a little more on the edges

You can click on 'minoxidil‘ in my guide, it will direct you to another guide
Yea I'm stupid didnt saw the link
External edge right ?

Can i see a before-after?

Yea I'm stupid didnt saw the link
External edge right ?
83B62663 CC2C 4AFD 9A70 9C57E22264CC

only a few hairs and you‘re done, than focus on the inner part

Before

After
49125088 509923666182609 7647768880659562496 n

View attachment 10222
only a few hairs and you‘re done, than focus on the inner part
I guess my 2nd after is a little bit better
will focus on growing the upper part that you told me on earlier

Thanks a lot again bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206 and Nibba
Thanks !
Yet unlucky bad eye area
Don't let psl make u think u need hooded eyes to slay. Take a look at mine. We have similar structure and my eyes are my most complimented feature
Snapchat 87660085

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206
@Felix97 What is your method to get thicker eyebrow, does stuff like castor oil really work?

Don't let psl make u think u need hooded eyes to slay. Take a look at mine. We have similar structure and my eyes are my most complimented feature
View attachment 10225
Really ?
Never got a compliment on my eyes, I guess they look good on picture because of the light hiding my dark circles

@Felix97 What is your method to get thicker eyebrow, does stuff like castor oil really work?
I‘ve been using castor oil since 6+ months. They definitely made a difference, since I needed to pluck out hairs above my eyebrows, which started to grow out after using castor oil. My goal wasn‘t to get them thicker, but more dense anyway. I've seen people on the internet having good results too. You can always google to convince yourself

Really ?
Never got a compliment on my eyes, I guess they look good on picture because of the light hiding my dark circles
Ah yeah circles can be a bitch to get rid of

Good Thread
- Organized a lot of thoughts I had about brows into one thread
- Learned a thing or two

My only two objections (very small ones)
- The line for outer length should've been a vertical line instead of a diagonal one

- Castor Oil needs to be mixed with a lighter oil like flax seed or argan since it has a comedogenic score of 2 and can causes some blocked pores in acne prone people

Worthy of sticky though tbh

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 5634, sorrowfulsad and 1 other person
Good thread bro.

• +1
Fantastic high effort thread. :feelsokman: This is the type of stuff we come to this website for.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656, Deleted member 470 and Deleted member 206
There are people that still smear minox into their face? Have fun with the early wrinkles

is the eyebrow tilt genetics? for example, if i have negative eyebrow tilt, can i make it positive without surgery?

is the eyebrow tilt genetics? for example, if i have negative eyebrow tilt, can i make it positive without surgery?
you can make it positive by just plucking out the upper inner corners and lower outer corners, but you sacrifice some thickness for this and if overdone it looks uncanny

Is coconut oil useful at all for eyebrow hair?

Good job for writing these things out, I agree with you. Let me also say that I think eyebrow thickness and darkness is even more important if you lack a prominent brow ridge, since having thick and dark eyebrow gives you the illusion of a more prominent one. Just like a beard works to halo and fraud your jaw, eyebrows can be used to halo and fraud your brow ridge

Good job for writing these things out, I agree with you. Let me also say that I think eyebrow thickness and darkness is even more important if you lack a prominent brow ridge, since having thick and dark eyebrow gives you the illusion of a more prominent one. Just like a beard works to halo and fraud your jaw, eyebrows can be used to halo and fraud your brow ridge
Agreed
Is coconut oil useful at all for eyebrow hair?
dunno tbh, never used nor read smth about it

View attachment 10225
My little brother got the same eyebrows as you and I always thought that while they dont look ideal they still look good. Lifefuel for my brother tbh

My little brother got the same eyebrows as you and I always thought that while they dont look ideal they still look good. Lifefuel for my brother tbh
Yeah the most important thing is being unique. Whenever PSL users bash my eye area I always laugh since nearly every girl I've met has said they like my eyebrows

Yeah the most important thing is being unique. Whenever PSL users bash my eye area I always laugh since nearly every girl I've met has said they like my eyebrows
Yeah, I love how they also seem feminine. Its a nice, unique look you got there

High IQ ngl nigger

Does "The Growth" section also apply to improving the length of your eyebrows?

Does "The Growth" section also apply to improving the length of your eyebrows?
yeah it does, but you should get a transplant if u want fast results

yeah it does, but you should get a transplant if u want fast results
I'm not getting an eyebrow transplant at 15, so I think I'll try castor oil. How many months would it take for me to get to the ideal length? I'm pretty sure mine is the minimum length.

I'm not getting an eyebrow transplant at 15, so I think I'll try castor oil. How many months would it take for me to get to the ideal length? I'm pretty sure mine is the minimum length.
u wont go from minimum to ideal with castor oil only, u will see some improvement after 3-6months.

• +1
u wont go from minimum to ideal with castor oil only, u will see some improvement after 3-6months.
What else should I do then? Is eyebrow transplant the only solution?

what is better neutral or positive eyebrows?

Canceld

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel
t9e9bmk-jpg.9915

Who’s this guy tbh

Good stuff.

Thoughts on vaseline vs castor oil?

I have heard lots of recommendations on vaseline.

Also, where do you buy your castor oil?

Thanks.