The Importance of PFL

This is not PFL change in morph, this is CANTHAL TILT change.

@Aesthetics_III
@Alarico8
@PrettyBoyMaxxing
@Golden Glass
also the upper eyelid looks less round

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Even if I have decent PFL and PCT, I'm failoed hard by UEE, scleral show, close-set eyes, bad undereye support, brown eye.

It's over
IMG 20200223 1231452

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Bechadish, Deleted member 2846 and didntreadlol
PFL IS HIGHLY CORRELATED WITH SUPREME ORBITALS, YES?

Dunno bro, I have a high PFL but also negative canthal tilt + weak orbitals

Strong-ish brow ridge / hooded eyes tho

Weird combo

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
tfw round, narrow bug eyes :cry:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Dunno bro, I have a high PFL but also negative canthal tilt + weak orbitals

Strong-ish brow ridge / hooded eyes tho

Weird combo
it's fucking over

nobody knows anything about our eye bones and it's 2020.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Good PFL is the Fundamental feature for a good looking face.

It is indeed extremely important

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Deleted member 685
Myopic irises are larger.
Where did you get that from? This is a legitimate question I'm not being passive - aggressive here, I just can't find something related. I'm pretty sure about myopic eyeballs being axially longer.

I found this on Quora (lol)

Is the size of the human iris the same for everybody?

In fact it is not. The size of the iris depends on the overall size of the eye. Far sighted people may have smaller eyes and smaller iris'. In turn, near sighted people have larger eyes and therefore iris'.

Though sounds like BS to me, it doesn't make any anatomical sense for the iris size to be correlated with eyeball volume.

Last edited:
Where did you get that from? This is a legitimate question I'm not being passive - aggressive here, I just can't find something related. I'm pretty sure about myopic eyeballs being axially longer.

I found this on Quora (lol)

Though sounds like BS to me, it doesn't make any anatomical sense for the iris size to be correlated with eyeball volume.
Are you saying you disagree with the idea that myopic irises are larger?

And that you don’t agree with iris size correlating to eyeball size?

It appears i was wrong in the ideal pfl, I admit. 37-40mm is, on reflection, ridiculous. I still maintain, however, that PFL is incredibly important. Here’s the chart on which I based my measurements on.

View attachment 278367

look at the Iranians and Ijaws
Half-Iranian with 35+ mm PFL checking in
Dad and brothers all have very wide PFL as well

• JFL
Reactions: LordNorwood
@LordNorwood how tall and attractive are Iranian women?

Srs am considering for offspring-maxing
Edit: Over
D41BF1B3 673C 44A5 AC03 5E0D839E275A

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and LordNorwood

Tbqh I have met very few Persian women in my life. All my friends are white and my dad has very minimal contact with the Persian communities here.
In my limited experience however, they are attractive but not likely to be tall. Average Iranian height is like 5'9 or something.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Even if I have decent PFL and PCT, I'm failoed hard by UEE, scleral show, close-set eyes, bad undereye support, brown eye.

It's over
View attachment 278847
tbh your UEE is not the worst, it's more your really high set browridge and arched eyebrow.
close set eyes i don't know it's without consequence unless you have a long midface.
And actually your major issue is your coloring.

View attachment 280376
anywhere between 5'4 to 5'8 on average.
And one of the best looking ethnic as far as i'm aware.
Get mogged by white looking syrian tho.
Looks like a lot like kurds too.
On average they have pretty fine traits it's all that matters.
Tbqh I have met very few Persian women in my life. All my friends are white and my dad has very minimal contact with the Persian communities here.
In my limited experience however, they are attractive but not likely to be tall. Average Iranian height is like 5'9 or something.
the male height is slightly below imho if you look for persian of mainland, more like 5'8.

• So Sad

View attachment 280376
i know something tbh jfl.
I have persian blood in me - not fully - that's why i'm a 5'10 manlet, despite my father beeing 6'3.

• +1
Are you saying you disagree with the idea that myopic irises are larger?

And that you don’t agree with iris size correlating to eyeball size?
There are obviously variations in the iris diameter among humans

...we measured the horizontal visible iris diameter (HVID) of 200 consecutive right eyes in our contact lens practice. In our study, the average HVID was 11.8mm with a range of 10.2mm to 13.0mm...

however it is not mentioned whether this was done in emmetropic eyes.

• +1
Reactions: Bechadish

i don't know tbh, i always feel like my pfl is meh and low, despite having correct measurement.
I don't even have that much protruding zygos, since they are pretty much high set.
I don't know if it due to the fact that i'm still somewhat not lean facially or i'm coping.

Well it’s taken as a well known fact that within optometry that myopic eyeballs themselves tend to be larger—so I don’t think it’s a stretch to then say that on average, the irises on those eyes will be larger as well.

Well it’s taken as a well known fact that within optometry that myopic eyeballs themselves tend to be larger—so I don’t think it’s a stretch to then say that on average, the irises on those eyes will be larger as well.
. shit, I needed to write a longer reply, will do in a few hours sorry. (mods should allow post removal)

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Myopic eyeballs are generally longer only in the axial dimension, they don't get wider as myopic progresses. And the reason is simply the fact that the cornea increases in curvature as myopia progresses.

nearsightedness-glasses-Myopia-lenses-focus-eye-objects.jpg

If we consider as a fact that by age 12, the eye attains its full size, what happens if you develop myopia at, say 16, which is very common btw? I doubt the irises get larger in diameter as the vision gets worse.

What may be happening here is some type of illusion: as the eye gets longer with myopia, it makes its transverse dimension look smaller in comparison therefore the iris is the "dominant" part of the globe. So it's just the surrounding sclera on the "sides" looking smaller, not the actual iris getting bigger.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
Myopic eyeballs are generally longer only in the axial dimension, they don't get wider as myopic progresses. And the reason is simply the fact that the cornea increases in curvature as myopia progresses.

nearsightedness-glasses-Myopia-lenses-focus-eye-objects.jpg

If we consider as a fact that by age 12, the eye attains its full size, what happens if you develop myopia at, say 16, which is very common btw? I doubt the irises get larger in diameter as the vision gets worse.

What may be happening here is some type of illusion: as the eye gets longer with myopia, it makes its transverse dimension look smaller in comparison therefore the iris is the "dominant" part of the globe. So it's just the surrounding sclera on the "sides" looking smaller, not the actual iris getting bigger.
Of the 3-4 people who’ve told me they have an above average iris (after measuring it), they all said they were near sighted.

And it could be an illusion, but maybe a different kind. You say the cornea increases in curvature with more myopia correct? Well the cornea is the dome that covers the iris and pupil
5420F74D B0DC 48CA 8D76 94FA5E1A79D3

—so perhaps with more curvature (and more myopia), the iris and pupil receive a sort of magnification effect and appear larger—supporting this theory is the fact (IIRC) that myopic pupils are also measured as being larger than enmetropic ones.

To be clear, the apparently larger irises in myopics would still be a phenomenon even when measuring from up close, because at the end of the day, you aren’t really measuring your iris, you’re measuring the image of your iris refracted through your cornea.
AC9E8567 4EB1 417D ABCA FD34C27A2216

myopic pupils are also measured as being larger than enmetropic ones.
This was a very old theory apparently and from an also old paper I found, it's probably not true.

Do Women and Myopes Have Larger Pupils?
These results do not allow conclusions about pupil size in high or pathologic myopia, since physiologic myopes were selected for this test sample.

Also myopia increases the curvature of the cornea, not its diameter, so even if the magnifying effect you described was happening it wouldn't be possible for the iris to look like it's occupying a larger part of the globe. It doesn't make sense for it to be able to appear like it's "expanding" anywhere outside the corneal diameter (White-to-White diameter as they call it), which is also the reason these two diameters are strongly correlated.

416px-Schematic_diagram_of_the_human_eye_en.svg.png

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926 and Golden Glass
This was a very old theory apparently and from an also old paper I found, it's probably not true.

Do Women and Myopes Have Larger Pupils?

Also myopia increases the curvature of the cornea, not its diameter, so even if the magnifying effect you described was happening it wouldn't be possible for the iris to look like it's occupying a larger part of the globe. It doesn't make sense for it to be able to appear like it's "expanding" anywhere outside the corneal diameter (White-to-White diameter as they call it), which is also the reason these two diameters are strongly correlated.

416px-Schematic_diagram_of_the_human_eye_en.svg.png
I really don’t know then—again, my optometrist is the one who first informed me on myopics supposedly having larger irises, and all the large irised ppl I’ve spoken to are nearsighted.

What's your IPD?
Ruler + mirror say 65-66mm, I'm not sure it's accurate
tbh your UEE is not the worst, it's more your really high set browridge and arched eyebrow.
close set eyes i don't know it's without consequence unless you have a long midface.
And actually your major issue is your coloring.

anywhere between 5'4 to 5'8 on average.
And one of the best looking ethnic as far as i'm aware.
Get mogged by white looking syrian tho.
Looks like a lot like kurds too.
On average they have pretty fine traits it's all that matters.

the male height is slightly below imho if you look for persian of mainland, more like 5'8.
My face is not masculine. Maybe because of my low prenatal T, my digit ratio is only 0.96

Last edited:
Ruler + mirror say 65-66mm, I'm not sure it's accurate
Average IPD is 62-64 mm, your eyes wouldn’t be close set then. Mine is 62mm and looks average

~29mm pfl
64-65 ipd
neutral canthal tilt
Dead average?

Last edited:
my pfl is disgusting visiting taban soon

Good PFL is the Fundamental feature for a good looking face.

It is indeed extremely important
Does Barrett have good PFL ?

Attachments

• images (7).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 23
then what is it fucking correlated with for fuck's sake?
bad orbitals usually. 99 out of 100 people with large PFL have bug eyes, the PFL comes from the eyes not being deep-set. Somebody with deep-set and large PFL eyes(like de poot) is quite rare.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Taken from a non edited non distorted non frauded photo:

37px

15px

37/15=
Screen Shot 2020 04 16 at 20313 AM

*11.77(iris length in mm)

29mm

theres a margin of error of 1-2mm at max so his is 27-32(probably around 30mm) aka average - slightly above average PFL.
His PFL to PFW ratio low set brows eyelashes and light blue eyes make it seem wider, but yeah, about average.
I'm pretty sure it's in the 35 range from what I've measured
You measured wrong or used an edited photo of him
did u measure canthus to canthus?
idk how he got 37mm pfl when his skull width is barely half that

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

Attachments

• E32A7EF1-4A64-419E-B009-34AC2A09013E.png
    E32A7EF1-4A64-419E-B009-34AC2A09013E.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 22
IMG 20200416 180438

33mm?

@PrettyBoyMaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Warlow and Deleted member 2846
I almost have his eye shape, but IPD (not even that bad, but still, it puts a glass ceiling on what I could be), undereye-support (due to bone) and upper-eyelid shape prevent me from having his eyes. . . . . Fuark!!!!!

Mine is ~31-32mm using a ruler

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2658
34.9mm with ruler

• +1
Reactions: Bromose
We all know of the incredible importance of the eye area, it’s effect on your aesthetics is next to none (perhaps, with the exception of the lower third). But what makes an eye area good looking? Amongst other things, one of the crucial parts of your eye area is your PFL. A below average pfl can break your eye area, and make you look like a prey.

View attachment 278317

Of course, there are exceptions:

View attachment 278325

A very narrow height can offset the effects of a subhuman pfl; but your eyes will still look beady, especially if they’re dark.

By increasing your pfl, you can change your eye area from good, to godly. Look at this morph:

View attachment 278378View attachment 278379

His eye area is already good in the first pic, but by increasing the pfl, the eye area becomes completely transformed. A small change, a matter of millimetres, but it’s effect is profound. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done about pfl, you can try this:

But it seems to make little difference.

The ideal pfl is somewhere around 37-40mm, most of the psl 8s don’t have this, so around 30mm is good.

EDIT: The ideal PFL is around 30, not 37-40
And you measure PFL by dividing the horizontal width by the vertical length of your eyes.