The mewing mistake which nullifies progress or even makes faces worse

YouLiveForYourself

YouLiveForYourself

Stand for nothing, fall for anything
First off, I believe that mewing does prevent you from becoming ugly after time and can improve a face. normally to a minor degree but sometimes major. Anyone who doubts that needs to go back and look at the science.

Now, onto Mewing.

The premise of mewing is that the force of the tongue on the palate combined with the teeth lightly touching each other leads to palatal expansion and facial upswing, while promoting forward growth. I want to focus on the contact of the teeth, as I believe it is essential. The aspect of mewing that actually leads to change. John and Mike have both emphasised that the teeth should be gently touching each other. However, with mewing being in its infancy, there is a great deal of trial and error involved. Both of them are intentionally ambiguous when it comes to details on the contact of the teeth, and its because they don't exactly know how the action promotes upswing and forward growth, and Mike has mentioned this before. They just know that the correlation is there. Sometimes they will say to keep the molars in contact, sometimes all of the teeth. This, I believe, is a big mistake on their part.

Keeping the molars together leads to a CW rotation of the maxilla. Resulting in a longer, sunk midface and a recessed mandible. This is unattractive.
Keeping all of the teeth together leads to no rotation of the maxilla. This leads to barely any progress made; a complete waste of time.

Instead, I believe that the premolars (teeth that are more towards the front) should be in light contact, with minimal or no contact between the molars. This is especially for those who have an overbite, as it will help to reverse it. I don't mean keep the incisors together. You can do it if you want, but I think that it is detrimental. They aren't designed for chewing, and therefore cannot handle the sustained amount of pressure. You will damage them. Instead, you should keep your premolars in a light contact. For those with an overbite, moving your lower jaw forward so that the top and bottom incisors are side-to-side is important. Like so:

Keeping the premolars together leads to a CCW rotation of the maxilla. Resulting in a shorter, compact midface that appears more forward grown and a more prominent mandible and chin.

Here is the skull, with the maxilla highlighted in green:

These are the forces acting upon the maxilla when the molars are gently touching:

Upwards force on the back only. There will be a CW rotation and this is definitely what you don't want.

These are the forces acting upon the maxilla when all of the teeth are in contact:

Upwards force on the back but also the front. No rotation. Minimal change. Waste of time.

These are the forces acting upon the maxilla when the premolars are in contact:

Upwards force on the front only. There will be a CCW rotation and this is definitely what you want. It's clear as day. However, since it is not right on the front edge the change will take slightly slower than if you were to keep the molars in contact.

I think that this explain why mewing doesn't work for a large amount of people. They either put pressure on the molars alone or all of the teeth, leading to no results or even a worse face. I believe that those who achieve progress primarily keep contact with the premolars or don't keep the teeth in contact at all, which is okay but so much slower.

That's it for now. Leave your thoughts below.

Idk who to tag lmao, someone do it for me:feelsyay:

inb4 dnr, your own mother read my text last night and came over. Be more like your mother.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, Deleted member 2816 and 15 others
Diagrams are shit but hopefully you get the message:lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, Sanguinius, Rt-Rust1 and 2 others
seems a good thread, but do you have some proofs?

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
Theory doesn't seem stupid, but in practice it probably doesn't work like that. The same goes for incisor chewing which people claim can lead to ccw rotation. Do you have ANY proof?

• +1
Reactions: π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, Lmao, Preoximerianas and 2 others
First off, I believe that mewing does prevent you from becoming ugly after time and can improve a face. normally to a minor degree but sometimes major. Anyone who doubts that needs to go back and look at the science.

Now, onto Mewing.

The premise of mewing is that the force of the tongue on the palate combined with the teeth lightly touching each other leads to palatal expansion and facial upswing, while promoting forward growth. I want to focus on the contact of the teeth, as I believe it is essential. The aspect of mewing that actually leads to change. John and Mike have both emphasised that the teeth should be gently touching each other. However, with mewing being in its infancy, there is a great deal of trial and error involved. Both of them are intentionally ambiguous when it comes to details on the contact of the teeth, and its because they don't exactly know how the action promotes upswing and forward growth, and Mike has mentioned this before. They just know that the correlation is there. Sometimes they will say to keep the molars in contact, sometimes all of the teeth. This, I believe, is a big mistake on their part.

Keeping the molars together leads to a CW rotation of the maxilla. Resulting in a longer, sunk midface and a recessed mandible. This is unattractive.
Keeping all of the teeth together leads to no rotation of the maxilla. This leads to barely any progress made; a complete waste of time.

Instead, I believe that the premolars (teeth that are more towards the front) should be in light contact, with minimal or no contact between the molars. This is especially for those who have an overbite, as it will help to reverse it. I don't mean keep the incisors together. You can do it if you want, but I think that it is detrimental. They aren't designed for chewing, and therefore cannot handle the sustained amount of pressure. You will damage them. Instead, you should keep your premolars in a light contact. For those with an overbite, moving your lower jaw forward so that the top and bottom incisors are side-to-side is important. Like so:

View attachment 1525837

Keeping the premolars together leads to a CCW rotation of the maxilla. Resulting in a shorter, compact midface that appears more forward grown and a more prominent mandible and chin.

View attachment 1525814

These are the forces acting upon the maxilla when the molars are gently touching:

View attachment 1525846
Upwards force on the back only. There will be a CW rotation and this is definitely what you don't want.

These are the forces acting upon the maxilla when all of the teeth are in contact:

View attachment 1525849
Upwards force on the back but also the front. No rotation. Minimal change. Waste of time.

View attachment 1525854

Upwards force on the front only. There will be a CCW rotation and this is definitely what you want. It's clear as day. However, since it is not right on the front edge the change will take slightly slower than if you were to keep the molars in contact.

I think that this explain why mewing doesn't work for a large amount of people. They either put pressure on the molars alone or all of the teeth, leading to no results or even a worse face. I believe that those who achieve progress primarily keep contact with the premolars or don't keep the teeth in contact at all, which is okay but so much slower.

inb4 dnr, your own mother read my text last night and came over. Be more like your mother.
you know it is impossible to keep in contact premolars without keeping the molars in contact, right?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, alriodai, xanny and 6 others
Their biggest mistake is to cope instead of being realistic and considering surgery

• +1
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, normie_joe, Deleted member 25377 and 16 others
seems a good thread, but do you have some proofs?
Theory doesn't seem stupid, but in practice it probably doesn't work like that. The same goes for incisor chewing which people claim can lead to ccw rotation. Do you have ANY proof?
No specific ones. There are studies on bruxism and teeth grinding which can be used but I didn't put them down because people would call it out for not being a direct enough link and therefore irrelevant.

This is a theory, after all. It makes a lot of sense to me so I'll try it out. I base it mostly off of the anecdotal evidence that I've read from various posts that I've read across different sites on the internet.

you know it is impossible to keep in contact premolars without keeping the molars in contact, right?
Yeah lol I should've provided a little clarification there. The molars will be touching but the bulk of the contact and pressure should be more towards the front of the mouth.

Their biggest mistake is to cope instead of being realistic and considering surgery
View attachment 1525899View attachment 1525900

Surgery is the number 1 undisputed looksmax, no doubt. I'm obviously not saying you should mew instead of surgery, that's retarded.

However, some can't get surgery. This is a mini alternative. As I said, it will only ever give minor results unless you're lucky, but at least it's something. Plus, it'll help prevent you from becoming ugly.
wowww... how many years he mewed?

None, bonesmashing miracle. Doctors still don't know how he did it.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, teenmax, Preoximerianas and 3 others
CCW rotation is not enough

Most recessed subhumans also need forward growth of the maxilla not just ccw

Also you have no idea if this will actually cause ccw, you're just guessing

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, subhuman incel and datboijj

Of course, this is not a quick fix, or a fix at all. It just helps.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
It's 6th Febraury 2022 and no mewer on earth has still proven his anecdotal success with a 40$ xray scan or an orthodontical diagnosis

there is zero evidence that mewing affects dentoskeletal occlusion of one's face

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 15305, MiroslavBulldosex and 4 others
Biggest mewing mistake is to not fix neck posture

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, Dante13, Rt-Rust1 and 5 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MistaQlon, subhuman incel and Lmao
OP i'll try this just for shits and giggles

• +1
Reactions: YouLiveForYourself
Keep It up bruuhhh:feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: YouLiveForYourself
What if you do this:

Take a mouth guard and bite down on the side of it where it’s just the first 4 teeth including the inscizors that you’re biting with

Will this lead to CCW? You won’t be damaging the teeth because the mouth guard is soft

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and YouLiveForYourself
What if you do this:

Take a mouth guard and bite down on the side of it where it’s just the first 4 teeth including the inscizors that you’re biting with

Will this lead to CCW? You won’t be damaging the teeth because the mouth guard is soft
there was one user that claimed to do this and said it lead to ccw + decreased gonial angle+ hunter eyes. I wonder if biting into a towel would have the same effect

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and YouLiveForYourself
i correct my underbite by having my two front teeth connecting to the bottom. looks much better when i do that rather than connecting the molars and having my teeth lined up. actually fixed my overbite to some degree.

there was one user that claimed to do this and said it lead to ccw + decreased gonial angle+ hunter eyes. I wonder if biting into a towel would have the same effect
Are u talking about that guy that posted that comment yesterday/2 days ago?

Cuz that’s where I got it from too

Also there’s these things called bite planes and that’s basically what bitting on something with just the 6 front teeth does

Except in this case we would want it on the bottom 6 front teeth not top

Attachments

• 6CE18C53-BD85-4051-B8CA-112741427373.jpeg
    6CE18C53-BD85-4051-B8CA-112741427373.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DEE01997-BB31-4183-8EE9-B3D22CCFBB06.png
    DEE01997-BB31-4183-8EE9-B3D22CCFBB06.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 804471AA-2685-4F0D-953A-5107F252302F.png
    804471AA-2685-4F0D-953A-5107F252302F.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: meryou and Rt-Rust1
Are u talking about that guy that posted that comment yesterday/2 days ago?

Cuz that’s where I got it from too

Also there’s these things called bite planes and that’s basically what bitting on something with just the 6 front teeth does

Except in this case we would want it on the bottom 6 front teeth not top
No. Link to that post? This was way older https://looksmax.org/threads/chewing-megathread.160248/post-4379526

Also what do you mean bottom front teeth? If you clench into something with your incisors the pressure will be applied to both your top and bottom rows of teeth no?

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and YouLiveForYourself
What if you do this:

Should do. I've come across this. As mentioned below, someone on the forum did it with good results.

Just make sure you don't bite too hard or for too long, otherwise you'll have problems.

@Gargantuan pin

Why do they always put so much emphasis on using the back 1/3 of your tounge then?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
Why do they always put so much emphasis on using the back 1/3 of your tounge then?
That's the tongue, which is different as it is not really responsible for maxillary rotation.

You do need to put the back third of your tongue on the roof of your mouth as that is the main part of tongue posture. It activates the hyoid muscles and etc.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets

Also you have no idea if this will actually cause ccw, you're just guessing
ive been tried mewing back teeth i noticed no ccw but when i used 1 premolars i feel slit improvement in ccw so the theory true:y'all: also of of course we need forward growth i will see how to combine with them both bc if you focus on one it will dominant
also ive seen thay my back teeth is up than other so we need touch premolar while not as mike mew said u see he had good forward growth with long midface Sean opry too

yes, mewing generates a ccw rotation.

Screenshot 20220523 093842 YouTube

And 25:07
20220523 094721
20220523 094736

• Love it
Reactions: Lmao

Now, onto Mewing.

View attachment 1525837

View attachment 1525814

View attachment 1525846

View attachment 1525849

View attachment 1525854

so should i justz lightly keep my premolars in contact and dont touch the MOLARS and Let the Incisors be touched(but not hard) against one another? To get good results? I hv an Overbite Note that.

overjet-1296x4020-body.jpg

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 23218
Guys I need help.
I generally have very straight teeth except for 2-3 bottom front row ones.
I was thinking of getting partial braces, but it is not at all necessary and I would really dread the proccess.
I dont know if getting braces on the front bottom row ONLY would ruin my mewing progress that I am doing according to this thread. (I am mewing with only the front molars touching)

I don't mean keep the incisors together.
Do you letting them touch each other just like the picture you provided right below or bringing your lower jaw so much forward that you just bite the lower teeth with the upper?