The research on facial hair: moustache, beard, stubles.

eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman

Sub-Mod
The full file: https://www.researchgate.net/public...ss_health_masculinity_and_parenting_abilities

"
- Women judged faces with heavy stubble as most attractive
- heavy beards, light stubble and clean-shaven faces rated as pretty similarly
- full beards highest for parenting ability and healthiness

Masculinity ratings increased linearly as facial hair increased, and this effect was more pronounced in women in the fertile phase of the menstrual cycle, although attractiveness ratings did not differ according to fertility. Our findings confirm that beardedness affects judgments of male socio-sexual attributes and suggest that an intermediate level of beardedness is most attractive while full-bearded men may be perceived as better fathers who could protect and invest in offspring.
"

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4106, far336, 98Zdeed98 and 8 others
brutal stubblepill

• +1
Reactions: Averagecel
Stubble is legit looksmax

Somerhalder looks wayyy more masc and badboyish with a stubble compared to clean shaven. A stubble accentuates an already strong lower third. Also, a designer stubble can be used to make the jaw look stronger than it is, look at nick bateman without a stubble.

• +1
Reactions: Averagecel, middayshowers, IWantToMax and 2 others
brutal stubblepill
Yep.
The thing/question, is for most men is. Can you actually grow a a heavy stubble like this example for that study?
Aantekening 2019 12 05 110119

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Girls like clean shaven most. But guys look like shit clean shaven.

• JFL
Reactions: StressShady, SMVbender, Administrator and 2 others
Yep.
The thing/question, is for most men is. Can you actually grow a a heavy stubble like this example for that study?
View attachment 183060
Im still developing man, my dad can grow a heavy stubble but he tells me he only was able to grow one when he was like 19-20, and im still 17 so im good i figure.

Stubble is legit looksmax
I agree. And often, the worse the face, or the more the "soy" a face. The more a dude needs the heavy stubble (or beard).
Chads don't need them.
Chadlite's don't need them either.
The rest does.

It's just sad, if a normie or below normie dude has such low facial hair density; that he can't grow any or much. Because then it still looks shit.

1Rnu8GX.jpg

You may not like it, but this is peak male facial hair attractiveness.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512, Gazzamogga, Fat cunt and 4 others
Girls like clean shaven most. But guys look like shit clean shaven.
study says "no". I trust study with a decent sample size of women more, then some dudes opinion.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and vHenri
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: 6ft8InTheNetherlands and Deleted member 275
I agree. And often, the worse the face, or the more the "soy" a face. The more a dude needs the heavy stubble (or beard).
Chads don't need them.
Chadlite's don't need them either.
The rest does.

It's just sad, if a normie or below normie dude has such low facial hair density; that he can't grow any or much. Because then it still looks shit.
I guess i dont need it at all lmao, ive got the opposite of a soy face. Nice cheekbones, decent jaw, thick eyebrows, hooded eyes, jet black hair. Me next to a soyboy is such a stark fkn contrast lol, yesterday i brutally mogged some ginger kid.

1Rnu8GX.jpg

You may not like it, but this is peak male facial hair attractiveness.
LOL, that dude is also SlaveOwnerMaxxed as fuck; he has like 100's of slaves as his bitch to order around.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gazzamogga, Lars, 6ft8InTheNetherlands and 2 others
ideal facial hair

Attachments

• PC8.png
    PC8.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 433
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and oldcell
study says "no". I trust study with a decent sample size of women more, then some dudes opinion.
Study means nothing when all girls go for shaved prettyboysd with eprfect thick hair and decent face

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia and Stingray
Explains why my instinctual plan is to stubblemaxx as a bachelor and then beardmaxx again when I'm married JFL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635 and oldcell
Lol at OP dickriding this study when there are countless others dissenting it. Stubble is good but at the end of the day facial hair doesn't really matter much. If you look good, you'll look good clean shaven or with a stubble. Most women say they like clean shaven but most guys have shit lower thirds

Clean shaven is the most attractive but only if you have a good jaw. If you dont stubble helps

My mom told me "men think it's a measure of masculinity if they have beards. It looks ugly and hides your face"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and IWantToMax
ideal facial hair
to much. way more then a heavy stubble.
Study means nothing when all girls go for shaved prettyboysd with eprfect thick hair and decent face
All girls may go for that, but most can't get that. Hence they will lower their standards, when there is the time they want some action.
All men go for Stacies also, but most can't get that. Hence men will lower their standards.

Aka, what people go for, isn't what is most important. It's what they can attract or get; when they want sex/dates/relationships/marriage/etc.

yea sure, stubble may make some guys look better, but in general, beards can make normies or below average men look disgustingly unkempt or they look like as if they smell

Stubble is good but at the end of the day facial hair doesn't really matter much.
the discussion, of "how much it matters". That's a difficult one. Does it matter 1% or 10% or etc..
My personal opinion, is a bit like this on the "how much does it matter".
1. attractive Chad/chadlite face; it matters little to nothing
2. normie soy face; it matters decently like maybe 15% orso. (like can maybe upp yourself 1 point on the facial looks.
3. normie but masculine face; it matters a little, like 5% orso.
4. below normie tier face; it matters most like maybe 20+% orso. (like maybe one can upp onself with like 1.5 point in the face. Hidding a recessed chin a bit towards wmore decent levels, or whatever flaws on can cover up a little bit with a full stubble.

If you look good, you'll look good clean shaven or with a stubble.
I agree. This one, isn't for Chads and Chadslite.
But for normies or below normies.
We all know a know will (nearly) never become a Chad or Chadlite. But he can maybe move op the normie scale. Maybe even upp himself to top tier normie level, where he's just under the Chadlite. It can still make a good difference, in his life experiences.

Most women say they like clean shaven but most guys have shit lower thirds
Don't listen to what women say they like. Just see what they do, and what they choce if presented with pictures/examples.
Women either lie about what they like, or theydon't know, or they can't axpress it. (0+% of women say they find confidence and personality most important, if you ask them what they like. LOL

Clean shaven is the most attractive but only if you have a good jaw.
Agreed.

My mom told me "men think it's a measure of masculinity if they have beards. It looks ugly and hides your face"
Your mom is, generalising way to much. And therefore wrong.
In this study (see picture above I posted), they used a normie faced man with a normie jawline. His heavy stuble, helped him in attractiveness looks.
Most men are normies. And most men are are nromies for sure (or below). So the general advice for men (aka the majority/normie dudes) is: aim for heavy stubble. The advice for the exceptions (like 10% of dudes orso), like Chads, is different.

the discussion, of "how much it matters". That's a difficult one. Does it matter 1% or 10% or etc..
2. normie soy face; it matters decently like maybe 15% orso. (like can maybe upp yourself 1 point on the facial looks.
4. below normie tier face; it matters most like maybe 20+% orso. (like maybe one can upp onself with like 1.5 point in the face. Hidding a recessed chin a bit towards wmore decent levels, or whatever flaws on can cover up a little bit with a full stubble.

We all know a know will (nearly) never become a Chad or Chadlite. But he can maybe move op the normie scale. Maybe even upp himself to top tier normie level, where he's just under the Chadlite. It can still make a good difference, in his life experiences.

Don't listen to what women say they like. Just see what they do, and what they choce if presented with pictures/examples.
Women either lie about what they like, or theydon't know, or they can't axpress it. (0+% of women say they find confidence and personality most important, if you ask them what they like. LOL

Agreed.

In this study (see picture above I posted), they used a normie faced man with a normie jawline. His heavy stuble, helped him in attractiveness looks.
Most men are normies. And most men are are nromies for sure (or below). So the general advice for men (aka the majority/normie dudes) is: aim for heavy stubble. The advice for the exceptions (like 10% of dudes orso), like Chads, is different.
Beard will make you look like shit goodluck having good beard genes and good coverage hahaha almost all guys cant grow decent stubles like mdoels who also use make up on beard and just end up looking stupid. A bad or average ebard will make you look worse than shaved only stubbles perfect ratio will make you look better

yea sure, stubble may make some guys look better,
Corrected it for you: a good heavy stubble may make most guys look better,

but in general, beards can make normies or below average men look disgustingly unkempt or they look like as if they smell
Heavy stuble IS NOT a full beard.
2nd, shit grooming or shit styling of the heavy stubble, is entirely a dudes fault.

A shit heavy stubble is only not a dude his fault, when he lacks the amount of hair/implant to grow a good stubble.

Last edited:
Corrected it for you: stubble may make most guys look better,

Heavy stuble IS NOT a full beard.
2nd, shit grooming or shit styling of the heavy stubble, is entirely a dudes fault.

A shit heavy stubble is only not a dude his fault, when he lacks the amount of hair/implant to grow a good stubble.
Average guys will never have good beard coverage and a beard transplant is stupid

Agreed.

Yeah I agree for the average male stubble would be better overall

Beard will make you look like shit
Nope. An ugly face, makes a man look unattractive. That's the main cause, for looking ugly/shit.

goodluck having good beard genes and good coverage
that's a luck a dude needs to have, if he wants to or needs to stubblemaxx. There is not stubblemaxxing for a dude with shit facial hair growth genes and coverage.

I can grow heavy stubble but it blurs my jawline, What is preferably heavy stubble or a great jawline at sub 10% bodyfat?

every time people post about this

its people with shit lower third sentenced for mandatory beard/stubble and then digging up cope studies to justify theit insecurity about their shit lower third

• +1
Reactions: IhateDentists and Deleted member 2227
Nope. An ugly face, makes a man look unattractive. That's the main cause, for looking ugly/shit.

that's a luck a dude needs to have, if he wants to or needs to stubblemaxx. There is not stubblemaxxing for a dude with shit facial hair growth genes and coverage.
Daily reminder that a bad or average beard can ruin you even if you are Chad
Now cry hard beardcels

Attachments

• henry-cavill-1.jpg
    henry-cavill-1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 439
  • HenryCavill-920x584.jpg
    HenryCavill-920x584.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Henry_Cavill_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg
    Henry_Cavill_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 281
  • henry-920x584.jpg
    henry-920x584.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 329
I can grow heavy stubble but it blurs my jawline, What is preferably heavy stubble or a great jawline at sub 10% bodyfat?
On a personal basis. Only a pictture can tell of someone has a great jawline.
Heavy stubble: they used this nromie faced dude, (see post 4 of this thread). So I assume, that's about an good heavy stubble
Daily reminder that a bad or average beard can ruin you even if you are Chad
Now cry hard beardcels
You use, a Top tier Chad face as example. To try to disprove a point; that is meant for NORMIE faced men.
Chad faced dudes, shouldn't use alot of advice that is meant for normies.

But lets face it. There are no or hardly any Chad faced dudes here. 95+% of dudes here are normies (or below normie)

Last edited:
Yep.
View attachment 183060

Yeah..i definitive wear heavy stubble all the time
I tink it is everything from 7 to 12 mm at beard trimmer for me , or 3 and 4 setting
ITs a legit looksmax, i pull a chick almost every week i am out with some slight effort after heavy stubble
Before, with celan shaven face i was just doing ok, like decent normie
I am redpilling people about this for years
@Kade

• +1
Reactions: Kade
its people with shit lower third sentenced for mandatory beard/stubble and then digging up cope studies to justify theit insecurity about their shit lower third
What is looksmaxxing and this site about?
It's about shit things in the face, and trying to make them appear a little less shit.

This is about that as well.

So, adude as a shit or normal lower third.
Then what?
He will never a great lower third, any realistic dude knows that or should know that. But maybe he can make it look like, it's a little less shit or a little better then normal. And that's what this site is all about, as i see it.

So that mr. Normie. Whom is irl (not psl) with shit grooming a 4.5/10 and then with looksmaxxing great grooming and some stuff a 7/10 (irl).
That difference, will still help such a dude plenty, imo.

No one will go from normie to Chad. But that stupid black white think. I don't get.
Like, if a normie that looks with bad grooming a 4.5/10; can't change into a 9.5/10 Chad irl. That he then shouldn't do it, and it's just cope.

It's like saying to someone whom has a $50.000 per year sales job. To not take a job that will pay him $65.000 per year; beacsue that job-change won't turn him into a high-payed CEO with a $250.000 per year salary. And saying to that dude, it's cope to take the $65.000.
That's how people stay stuck. Likely, he will never become that CEO, but that $65.000 is still better then staying where he is and doing nothing staying at his $50.000.
Improvement = improvement. Also when it's not massive improvement. Still worth it.

Most of the time, for sure people who got major benefit from sutbble or light beard have some lower third deficits, like me i have a short chin so its a godsend for me
But it improve ever people like Sommerhalder, who had a godly lower third, making him more masc, and giving more contrast
Also his cheeks looks better with it
Its a legit looksmax for most of people, maybe u are better clean shave, good for you then

Idk man I have a decent lower third and id have to agree though, stubble can potentially increase one's sex appeal.

Yeah..i definitive wear heavy stubble all the time
I tink it is everything from 7 to 12 mm at beard trimmer for me , or 3 and 4 setting
ITs a legit looksmax, i pull a chick almost every week i am out with some slight effort after heavy stubble
Before, with celan shaven face i was just doing ok, like decent normie
I am redpilling people about this for years
@Kade
Great, and thanks.

I like, how you also stated. That it's a change. But not like a day-night change. But still a decent improvement.
decent improvements are also worth it.
It's doomer talk, when people diss small/decent improvements. because it doesn't create a drastic change in life. Small/decent changes, are also worth trying out, or persuing to see if work for you.

• +1
Reactions: oldcell
Great, and thanks.

I like, how you also stated. That it's a change. But not like a day-night change. But still a decent improvement.
decent improvements are also worth it.
It's doomer talk, when people diss small/decent improvements. because it doesn't create a drastic change in life. Small/decent changes, are also worth trying out, or persuing to see if work for you.
When someone is at normie territory, every +0.15 is a gold

• +1
Reactions: Kade and eduardkoopman
When someone is at normie territory, every +0.15 is a gold
I agree. It's worth the effort. And I like that attitude

Like for random example:
if a normy very badly groomed, is like a 4.5 irl.

and then he gets a good hair cut: +0.5 -> 5 irl
and then he cleans up his skin: + 0.75 -> 5..75 irl
and then he get muscles and lower fat: + 1.00 -> 6.75 irl
and then her gets nice facial hair, stubllemaxed: + 0.25 -> 7 irl

• +1
Reactions: je3oe and oldcell
I agree. It's worth the effort. And I like that attitude

Like for random example:
if a normy very badly groomed, is like a 4.5 irl.

and then he gets a good hair cut: +0.5 -> 5 irl
and then he cleans up his skin: + 0.75 -> 5..75 irl
and then he get muscles and lower fat: + 1.00 -> 6.75 irl
and then her gets nice facial hair, stubllemaxed: + 0.25 -> 7 irl

People at incelsphere tend to underrate soft looksmaxing and grooming a lot
Biggest slayers IRL are not impressive via PSL often ,but they are bodymaxed which anyone can achieve, good hairctus, stublle and beardmaxed, tanmaxed and well fitted clothes.
that will make some autistic people here rage, but its a FACt

• +1
Reactions: Kade and eduardkoopman

I have a good lower third and I'm stubblepilled tbh

I have a good lower third and I'm stubblepilled tbh
i look with 1mm "stubble" best. i also didnt mean to imply clean shaven is better, i just said its a funny observation how these threads often come with people with weak lower thirds

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
  • +1
Reactions: FatJattMofo
On a personal basis. Only a pictture can tell of someone has a great jawline.
Heavy stubble: they used this nromie faced dude, (see post 4 of this thread). So I assume, that's about an good heavy stubble

You use, a Top tier Chad face as example. To try to disprove a point; that is meant for NORMIE faced men.
Chad faced dudes, shouldn't use alot of advice that is meant for normies.

But lets face it. There are no or hardly any Chad faced dudes here. 95+% of dudes here are normies (or below normie)
if it makes a chad look bad a average man will lsoe 5 psl points lmao

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
if it makes a chad look bad a average man will lsoe 5 psl points lmao
low iq as shit. Can only think black/white.
That's heavy stubble? To me that's a beard lol. My preferred style is light stubble.
this
actually. medium stubble. s best
That's what the researchers chose as their definition. It's up for debate, but we have the picture (post4) so we can decide for urselfes how we see/define it it

• +1
low iq as shit. Can only think black/white.

That's what the researchers chose as their definition. It's up for debate, but we have the picture (post4) so we can decide for urselfes how we see/define it it
you know damn well almost all guys here and around the world have shit beard genetics

you know damn well almost all guys here and around the world have shit beard genetics
Most models have shit beard genetics and still have a beard
Gandy, Di Vaio, Marlon T, Bitton, no one of them has full beard , only Batem do
They all still have facial hair

That i dunno. If so, then I agree for these men it's less or not possible to stubblemaxx; dependant on how much growth they have of facial hair anf patchyness.

Last edited: