[theory] - goodlooking vs. sexy

D

Deleted member 30643

Iron
An important distinction we don't make enough when discussing looksmaxxing is the difference between good-looking vs. sexy.

They obviously overlap. And at the extremes, you cannot be extremely good-looking without being pretty sexy, nor can you be extremely sexy without being at least decent-looking. But, they're not the exact same thing.

Just think about it, I bet you can think of a girl that is extremely good-looking, yet you can think of another girl who is slightly less "good-looking" yet way sexier. You might look at the first girl "love" her, whereas you look at the second girl and you start losing your mind wanting to f*** her.

I'm too lazy to find pics (if anyone has good examples please post), but some examples of people I'd say are more good-looking than sexy: David Gandy, Sean O pry. Some examples of people I think are more sexy than good-looking: Matthew Noszka, and this guy in the pic below (this guy does insanely well on dating app experiments lol)

We need to start figuring out what contributes to each type of look. Here is what I have compiled so far:

a) good-looking is "sharp", "striking", "high class", "airy", "majestic". Sexy is more "sensual", or has some sort of quality that makes you think of physical touch. In other words, if you look at a "sexy" girl, it somehow involves subconscious thoughts of physical touch. Here is a heuristic I think might work: looking at pics of 2 different men, just ask yourself: which one do you think probably has a bigger dick (based on looks alone)? That guy is probably the sexier of the 2 jfl. I made this shit up so idk if it works.

Here are some things that I think contribute more to "sexiness" than "good-looking":

1) Body (anyone that says body is cope is insane). Specifically, "sexy" tends to be a bit more big/buff and A BIT higher bodyfat (you mfs don't post someone who's 30 bf and say I'm coping).
2) thick neck with NO neck lines / visible neck muscles or bands (technically body, but deserves its own point)
3) slightly bigger lips
4) tan skin
5) Eye area more like Matthew Noszka or Chico rather than David Gandy or Sean O Pry. i.e., slightly less striking colors, slightly less hooding.
6) one or at most two SLIGHT left-right asymmetries on the face. Alright, this sounds stupid, but I think it's legit. It's better to have a slight asymmetry (eg a slight jaw asymmetry, a slight eye asymmetry, a slight lazy eye). Emphasis on slight jfl and only 1 or 2.
7) I ran out of points for now tbh

Attachments

• j2.png
    j2.png
    811.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: try2beme, Xyjarz, nitesik and 5 others
Too much text

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30399, Deleted member 24444, tombradylover and 4 others
i think being 6'4 is another big predictor to being sexy and also 24 inch bideltoid and huge mogger wrists and long limbs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531, justleavemealone and Deleted member 24410
An important distinction we don't make enough when discussing looksmaxxing is the difference between good-looking vs. sexy.

They obviously overlap. And at the extremes, you cannot be extremely good-looking without being pretty sexy, nor can you be extremely sexy without being at least decent-looking. But, they're not the exact same thing.

Just think about it, I bet you can think of a girl that is extremely good-looking, yet you can think of another girl who is slightly less "good-looking" yet way sexier. You might look at the first girl "love" her, whereas you look at the second girl and you start losing your mind wanting to f*** her.

I'm too lazy to find pics (if anyone has good examples please post), but some examples of people I'd say are more good-looking than sexy: David Gandy, Sean O pry. Some examples of people I think are more sexy than good-looking: Matthew Noszka, and this guy in the pic below (this guy does insanely well on dating app experiments lol)

We need to start figuring out what contributes to each type of look. Here is what I have compiled so far:

a) good-looking is "sharp", "striking", "high class", "airy", "majestic". Sexy is more "sensual", or has some sort of quality that makes you think of physical touch. In other words, if you look at a "sexy" girl, it somehow involves subconscious thoughts of physical touch. Here is a heuristic I think might work: looking at pics of 2 different men, just ask yourself: which one do you think probably has a bigger dick (based on looks alone)? That guy is probably the sexier of the 2 jfl. I made this shit up so idk if it works.

Here are some things that I think contribute more to "sexiness" than "good-looking":

1) Body (anyone that says body is cope is insane). Specifically, "sexy" tends to be a bit more big/buff and A BIT higher bodyfat (you mfs don't post someone who's 30 bf and say I'm coping).
2) thick neck with NO neck lines / visible neck muscles or bands (technically body, but deserves its own point)
3) slightly bigger lips
4) tan skin
5) Eye area more like Matthew Noszka or Chico rather than David Gandy or Sean O Pry. i.e., slightly less striking colors, slightly less hooding.
6) one or at most two SLIGHT left-right asymmetries on the face. Alright, this sounds stupid, but I think it's legit. It's better to have a slight asymmetry (eg a slight jaw asymmetry, a slight eye asymmetry, a slight lazy eye). Emphasis on slight jfl and only 1 or 2.
a sexy girl has a hot revealing body with a decent face... A sexy dude has a good frame with veins + muscles and a certain height that doesn't make him invisible + a decent face.
Goodlooking is just face LOL

• +1
Reactions: Xyjarz and poopoohead
a sexy girl has a hot revealing body with a decent face... A sexy dude has a good frame with veins + muscles and a certain height that doesn't make him invisible + a decent face.
Goodlooking is just face LOL
Nope, I'm talking about goodlooking vs. sexy mostly for face specifically (notice I didn't mention body except for that one bullet point). Certain faces are more sexy-looking and other faces are more good-looking looking jfl.

No one who commented here so far actually understands the distinction I'm trying to make

• +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly
they're the same thing, 1st just has at least 1 striking feature whereas second has none but slightly more harmony

I didn’t read so I’ll apologize if I say what has already been said, but I’ll make the point that, for the general male population, the concept of a foid being a potential mate improves the sexiness aspect of her. This may help to explain why “sexy” foids are often imperfect.

An alternate explanation is that more average foids are more common, and thus we are exposed to them more.

• +1
Reactions: chadcel;
water is wet post
and the difference between the two is simply masculinity and body

water is wet post
and the difference between the two is simply masculinity and body
Your point doesn't make sense tho lol.

For example, thin lips are more masculine-looking, yet I'd argue they make a man less "sexy". Bigger lips (within reason) are more "sexy".

• +1
Reactions: Ken
jfl at making logical posts here nowadays. Most users here now are just avg gen z goldfish attention spanners and stop reading at the first 5 words lol.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 30234, Ken and Deleted member 30643
Your point doesn't make sense tho lol.

For example, thin lips are more masculine-looking, yet I'd argue they make a man less "sexy". Bigger lips (within reason) are more "sexy".
thin lips have nothing masculine they are a failo for men and women

• Hmm...
Reactions: efidescontinuado
jfl at making logical posts here nowadays. Most users here now are just avg gen z goldfish attention spanners and stop reading at the first 5 words lol.
jfl at least I tried

• +1
Reactions: lunin7
It’s discussed frequently but we use the word “appeal” in place of “sexy”

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30399 and Ken
Legit, this is why I always rate girls on 2 scales in my personal rating system.

• Woah
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
sex appeal is dimorphism imo.

• +1
Reactions: justleavemealone

3) slightly bigger lips
4) tan skin
High IQ post and I want to know the distinction too because I've realised the GL vs sexy thing on my own too but I don't think you've got it here.

I think that a GL person can become sexy, I think sexy is more about thinks you can change because obviously you still need to look good to be sexy. Just maybe you need to look good in an interesting way or like dark triad(cringe writing this) rather than just a GL school kid for example

3) slightly bigger lips
4) tan skin
Very strong post ngl

miro cech-------perfect blend of aesthetics and sex appeal

• Love it
Reactions: Prisma