[theory] - the neckpill and hoodiepill are both a special case of a more general phenomenon that I'm gonna call "the cape effect"

D

Deleted member 30643

Iron
Go put a hoodie on, put the hood on, and then look at yourself in the mirror. (I know you're too lazy to do this jfl so just imagine doing it then). Somehow, your jaw will automatically look better. If you watch Hamza, compare how he looks with the hood on (bathrobe) vs. without.

This is what I'm calling "the cape effect". When something sits immediately behind your jaw/cheekbones (or for that matter, any body part), the shadows and framing it creates makes that part of your body look (for example, the jaw) better. This is why thick neck somehow makes your jaw look better... it acts like a cape sitting immediately behind your jaw.

Other examples of the cape effect:

1) wearing a collared shirt (or a jacket/sweater with a big/stiff collar) that somehow makes your neck and jaw area look better
2) wearing a hoodie somehow makes your jaw and cheekbones look better
3) thick neck behind jaw (sorry I'm repeating it to pad the number of examples jfl)
4) shaping your pubes like a cape behind your d-- actually that one didn't work for me :(
5) thick sideburns depending on your zygo shape could give a cape effect to your zygos, making them look even better

EDIT: 6: I feel like ear shape might also have a cape effect type of thing for the zygos jfl. Idk if I'm high and making shit up, but I think that ears that don't project outwards enough would make your zygos look worse, whereas ears that project perfectly would make your zygos look better. Ofc ears that project too much will make you look stupid...

Y'all got other examples of this?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: greywind, Krakowski, Sub0 and 13 others
It's legit though. If you have thick neck. Just cover your forehead and eyes with hoddie and just show your jaw and neck theory

Good post. Hood actually marks my jaw look worse because it covers part of the sides of my face.

Another way to create the cape effect is long hair.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Sanguinius, CT03 and 1 other person
Good post. Hood actually marks my jaw look worse because it covers part of the sides of my face.

Another way to create the cape effect is long hair.
Good point about the hair... jfl I look retarded with any semi-long hair so that one didn't cross my mind. Not in the cards for me :(

Jason Momoa type cape effect tho.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Medium length hair as long as it’s thick enough to cover the back of your neck below your jaw proves this theory correct

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron and Deleted member 30643
clapping applause GIF
First quality, unique post I’ve seen in a minute, coming from a greycel too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30643
wearing a backwards cap makes me look better tbh
FranciscoLachowski panosundaki Pin

• +1
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic and Deleted member 30643
wearing a backwards cap makes me look better tbh
FranciscoLachowski panosundaki Pin
High IQ example of the cape effect tbh.

Covers only one side tho... maybe we should start wearing two backward caps one slanted towards each side jfl... non-NT capemaxxing pill

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, A L P H A M A L E, Deleted member 20631 and 2 others
High IQ example of the cape effect tbh.

Covers only one side tho... maybe we should start wearing two backward caps one slanted towards each side jfl... non-NT capemaxxing pill
A Guide On How To Wear A Baseball Cap Backwards
Pin on people
Francisco Lachowski on Twitter: Close Up #SelfieSunday  http://t.co/pYpMXwIlTk / Twitter

backwardscappill

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30643
Yeah a well built neck really accentuates a jaw, makes an insane difference in appearance