Blackpill This surgery

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
Time online
42d 18h 46m

Green: Inferior alveolar nerve.
Red: cut line of the surgery.

Basically it's like an extended side wing but with one main difference when it comes to making the jaw wider: you can push the jaw angle out like a pendulum instead of getting this weird step off that a side wing usually creates.

Left side: classic chin wing widening in the jaw angle area.

Right side: the osteotomy I have proposed.

TMJ stays in the same place in both cases so... why has nobody ever done it the way I suggested?

I asked Dr andreishchev maybe he responds.

PingPong

PingPong

I AM WOLF
Time online
43d 17h 26m
Youā€™re crazy man. Respect. Big up una.
OldVirgin @OldVirgin

crosshold

crosshold

Zephir
Time online
155d 20h 57m
i think the regular chin wing is better because your proposed one adds too much mass to the masseter area which would likely give you the "bloated" look jaw implants usually give (because the width increase isnt localized solely at the gonions/ridge of the mandible)

wanttobeattractive

wanttobeattractive

Brachy pride worldwide
Time online
118d 15h 32m
so what exactly is chin wing? i thought it was mainly to lengthen the lower third and add more chin height and lower the jaw/ make gonial angle higher

pretty much jutt

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
Time online
42d 18h 46m
crosshold said:
i think the regular chin wing is better because your proposed one adds too much mass to the masseter area which would likely give you the "bloated" look jaw implants usually give (because the width increase isnt localized solely at the gonions/ridge of the mandible)
Carolus said:
Interesting. Tell us how it goes
Andreishchev says the risk of a bad split is high i.e. that the bone breaks during cutting which is of course a hzge risk

deepweb1298

deepweb1298

Trainee
Time online
4d 14h 7m

IVRO?

IVRO is a surgery performed behind the nerve passing line. So, this surgery has very low possibility of nerve damage . (Vertical ramus osteotomy)
However, since the fixation between bone parts is not very strong, jaw movement should be restricted for two weeks. And, proper jaw movement must be carried out after surgery.
In patients with uncomfortable temporomandibular joints, recovery of the jaw joints can also be expected by with IVRO.​

crosshold

crosshold

Zephir
Time online
155d 20h 57m
Acromegaly_Chad said:
Andreishchev says the risk of a bad split is high i.e. that the bone breaks during cutting which is of course a hzge risk
For chin wing or the one your proposed? Also can you please DM me who you went to for your chin wing? So I know who to avoid so I don't get nerve damage lol