Thoughts on New Custom Cheekbone & Mandible Implants

M

madcap88

Gold
Recently got this implant design from Dr. Y for custom mandible (jaw & chin) and malar / cheekbones with infraorbital rims.

Interested in thoughts.

Attachments

• imp1.png
    imp1.png
    371 KB · Views: 0
  • imp2.png
    imp2.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 0
  • imp3.png
    imp3.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 0
  • imp4.png
    imp4.png
    458.9 KB · Views: 0
  • imp5.png
    imp5.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 0
  • imp78.png
    imp78.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 0
  • imp6.png
    imp6.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Jigen, Pagnonisavemyeyes, BugeyeBigNoseCurry and 7 others
I’m always a bit scared of the very square jaw implants, but if you like that look go for it. Photo of your face would help tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, ItsOverCel, ChristianChad and 3 others
Oh if you have a thin neck, then the large gonial flaring might look bad and create pencil neck effect.

Here is an example of a slender guy with a mandible proportional to his neck width. It looks good even though he really only has chin prominence. This is because genetics that code for large mandibles tend to code for thick necks too, so usually you don’t see wide mandibles with pencil necks:

EFD4B909 AC98 40BA B8DA 7592EF00545E

Just ensure that if you’re gonna go that wide that your neck is either almost as thick or will be able to be widened that amount via workout.

• +1
Reactions: Pagnonisavemyeyes, Danish_Retard, ChristianChad and 4 others
Oh if you have a thin neck, then the large gonial flaring might look bad and create pencil neck effect.

Here is an example of a slender guy with a mandible proportional to his neck width. It looks good even though he really only has chin prominence. This is because genetics that code for large mandibles tend to code for thick necks too, so usually you don’t see wide mandibles with pencil necks:

View attachment 1659359

Just ensure that if you’re gonna go that wide that your neck is either almost as thick or will be able to be widened that amount via workout.
Heres a pic. Also included Toni Mahfud and Mario Rodriguez who were references for surgeon.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 14.png
    14.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    592.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 0
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, BugeyeBigNoseCurry, Deleted member 15827 and 3 others
C82F141C 95DC 4407 9D0A 7DAFAFE625DF

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24444 and Toth's thot
Any other thoughts?

It is a good design individually, however it lacks the rest of the cheekbone area. It will be painfully unnnatural looking. Either you get another design or fillers after implants to make the transition natural looking.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
It is a good design individually, however it lacks the rest of the cheekbone area. It will be painfully unnnatural looking. Either you get another design or fillers after implants to make the transition natural looking.
true, needs a small 1-2mm lateral increase too, probably

true, needs a small 1-2mm lateral increase too, probably
Do you and WhatsMonogamy mean 1) the implants should be slightly wider, or 2) they should project further back along the side of head?

What areas are causing the design to be unnatural?

Thanks!

• +1
Do you and WhatsMonogamy mean 1) the implants should be slightly wider, or 2) they should project further back along the side of head?

What areas are causing the design to be unnatural?

Thanks!
it should extend along the zygomatic arch (backwards, parallel to the face).
if u dont do this it will give u a weird cheek shape (like a ball u know)

it should extend along the zygomatic arch (backwards, parallel to the face).
if u dont do this it will give u a weird cheek shape (like a ball u know)
so its 2)

blue is where the implant could extend further. Red is where u will need fillers despite the implants, because that will create a very unnatural gap inbetween.
Everybody can instantly tell that your jaw flares too much to be natural if you dont fill up the transitions.

Attachments

• 2864786_imp6.png
    2864786_imp6.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Wallenberg
Good looks @madcap88. And I'm just curious, why did you decide to go with Yaremchuk instead of Eppley?

Good looks @madcap88. And I'm just curious, why did you decide to go with Yaremchuk instead of Eppley?
Thanks, also after going over the design and talking to Dr. Y about the points others made above, I trust his judgement. He is the expert and I have seen several guys going in for the exact same procedures and preaching it changed their lives for the better.

I chose him, as others have said, because he doesn't have a single 'off', 'weird', or 'uncanny' result. And to those who say "those results just aren't posted to keep it secret", I disagree. So many surgeons have the uncanny results out there - what a surgeon puts up also reflects their aesthetic judgement/eye.

Also, he has extensive experience on facial reconstruction using the same techniques for aesthetic purposes and regularly publishes academic papers on them. PLUS he is Harvard affiliated, as are all of his surgical assistants.

He is plenty patient with you asking him a ton of questions. I did this several times for mental security.

The problem with getting advice from these forums is no one here has the decades nor trained surgical eye to effectively interpret 3D implant designs like above. All great things to consider, but it's great sharing the feedback you get here on designs with him so you understand your own design better. Quite excited - I'm a solid 7 and this literally resolves the 2 drawbacks I have.

• +1
Reactions: Ukcel1388, Corleone, ChristianChad and 5 others
Thanks, also after going over the design and talking to Dr. Y about the points others made above, I trust his judgement. He is the expert and I have seen several guys going in for the exact same procedures and preaching it changed their lives for the better.

I chose him, as others have said, because he doesn't have a single 'off', 'weird', or 'uncanny' result. And to those who say "those results just aren't posted to keep it secret", I disagree. So many surgeons have the uncanny results out there - what a surgeon puts up also reflects their aesthetic judgement/eye.

Also, he has extensive experience on facial reconstruction using the same techniques for aesthetic purposes and regularly publishes academic papers on them. PLUS he is Harvard affiliated, as are all of his surgical assistants.

He is plenty patient with you asking him a ton of questions. I did this several times for mental security.

The problem with getting advice from these forums is no one here has the decades nor trained surgical eye to effectively interpret 3D implant designs like above. All great things to consider, but it's great sharing the feedback you get here on designs with him so you understand your own design better. Quite excited - I'm a solid 7 and this literally resolves the 2 drawbacks I have.
Nice, you actually answered a lot of the questions l've been having. There truly is no one on the market doing it like Yaremchuk. I definitely agree with the advice meme on this forum. There is a heavy exaggeration about who he is as a person, but users are just still too young/spend too much time on this forum thinking that he doesn't work with you yet you're paying him for a service.

I definitely just want a conservative augmentation to my infraorbital malar area. I honestly don't really need it lol, but it could potentially put me in the HT Chad category if I did.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Wallenberg
@madcap88 Are you concerned because Y uses silicone instead of PEEK in his jaw implants? What about infection risk?

Keep us updated! I consider getting jaw implants from Y so that's why I'm interested.

@madcap88 Are you concerned because Y uses silicone instead of PEEK in his jaw implants? What about infection risk?

Oil us updated! I consider getting jaw implants from Y so that's why I'm interested
I opted for him to use medpor. This will ensure there is no risk of movement long-term. Not worried - results will likely exceed expectations, so this is preferred. Additionally, since implants (these same types) are often used to combat aesthetic effects of aging, this ALREADY address any age-related changes for the better. So these will keep me looking younger as I age as well. Dr. Y also has older patients coming in for that so he covers all bases.

By far most qualified and professional surgeon I have interacted with. I wouldn't trust ANYONE else with this set of surgeries, even so much if I couldn't get him I wouldn't do it at all. Eppley has TOO many odd and uncanny cases and honestly, us patients are NOT qualified to be too involved in the process. That's what Eppley does wrong, and he also does that because his aesthetic eye isn't on the tier of Dr. Y's (in my opinion).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Corleone and Wallenberg
I opted for him to use medpor. This will ensure there is no risk of movement long-term. Not worried - results will likely exceed expectations, so this is preferred. Additionally, since implants (these same types) are often used to combat aesthetic effects of aging, this ALREADY address any age-related changes for the better. So these will keep me looking younger as I age as well. Dr. Y also has older patients coming in for that so he covers all bases.

By far most qualified and professional surgeon I have interacted with. I wouldn't trust ANYONE else with this set of surgeries, even so much if I couldn't get him I wouldn't do it at all. Eppley has TOO many odd and uncanny cases and honestly, us patients are NOT qualified to be too involved in the process. That's what Eppley does wrong, and he also does that because his aesthetic eye isn't on the tier of Dr. Y's (in my opinion).
Does medpor cost the same as silicone? Medpor is hard to remove though in case of infection or revision.

Oil us updated! I consider getting jaw implants from Y so that's why I'm interested
I opted for him to use medpor. This will ensure there is no risk of movement long-term. Not worried results will exceed expectations, so this is preferred. Additionally, since implants (these same types) are often used to combat aesthetic effects of aging, this ALREADY address any age-related changes for the better. So these will keep me looking younger as I age as well. Dr. Y also has older patients coming in for that so he covers all bases.

By far most qualified and professional surgeon I have interacted with.
Does medpor cost the same as silicone? Medpor is hard to remove though in case of infection or revision.
I am not sure on the cost difference. Medpor can be removed by surgeons experienced with the material. Revision can also be done with Medpor. You would know pretty quick (in a couple weeks) if there's something majorly wrong with the design.

In terms of infection, the rate of this is extremely low and as with anything intra-oral you need to take care of your health there. If the implant may potentially move (as with silicone) I personally dont see the point of getting surgery at all.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
I opted for him to use medpor. This will ensure there is no risk of movement long-term. Not worried results will exceed expectations, so this is preferred. Additionally, since implants (these same types) are often used to combat aesthetic effects of aging, this ALREADY address any age-related changes for the better. So these will keep me looking younger as I age as well. Dr. Y also has older patients coming in for that so he covers all bases.

By far most qualified and professional surgeon I have interacted with.

I am not sure on the cost difference. Medpor can be removed by surgeons experienced with the material. Revision can also be done with Medpor. You would know pretty quick (in a couple weeks) if there's something majorly wrong with the design.
:feelswah:
In terms of infection, the rate of this is extremely low and as with anything intra-oral you need to take care of your health there. If the implant may potentially move (as with silicone) I personally dont see the point of getting surgery at all.
Plenty of people have had good experiences with silicone implants. For example, @Win200 's implant is silicone and done by Y.

@RealSurgerymax what do you think of medpor vs silicone? Y doesn't use PEEK as far as I know, so PEEK isn't an option.

Plenty of people have had good experiences with silicone implants. For example, @Win200 's implant is silicone and done by Y.

@RealSurgerymax what do you think of medpor vs silicone? Y doesn't use PEEK as far as I know, so PEEK isn't an option.
@Wallenberg I went in wanting silicone based off that very same logic. But for mandible he only gave me medpor as option. For others he offered silicone or medpor, but I wanted everything to be of the same material and he suggested medpor as well.

It seems he has stopped using silicone for mandible OR it wasn't appropriate for my desired results. I trust his judgement - I'd rather get medpor from Dr. Y then get a not as well designed silicone. But that is a preference.

Last edited:
  • +1
Why Dr Y and not Giant Implants of South East Asia?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, karbo and randomvanish
@Wallenberg I went in wanting silicone based off that very same logic. But for mandible he only gave me medpor as option. For others he offered silicone or medpor, but I wanted everything to be of the same material and he suggested medpor as well.

It seems he has stopped using silicone for mandible OR it wasn't appropriate for my desired results. I trust his judgement - I'd rather get medpor from Dr. Y then get a not as well designed silicone. But that is a preference.
How much do your jaw implants cost? Interesting that he only offers medpor to you.

How much do your jaw implants cost? Interesting that he only offers medpor to you.
@Wallenberg 6k for design. Then the total surgery (midface - malar, orbital, paranasal AND mandible- angle, chin, jaw) is 25k

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ChristianChad, Corleone, Chinlet Ascension and 1 other person
@Wallenberg 6k for design. Then the total surgery (midface - malar, orbital, paranasal AND mandible- angle, chin, jaw) is 25k
6k for design? What do you mean? Jaw implant was 6k?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Oberyn
6k for design? What do you mean? Jaw implant was 6k?
@Wallenberg Mine are all custom. When you get custom implants you have to pay a design & manufacture fee with most surgeons. Dr. Y charged me 6k all-inclusive. Then the rest is paying for the actual performing of surgery (25k).

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Corleone and Wallenberg
@Wallenberg Mine are all custom. When you get custom implants you have to pay a design & manufacture fee with most surgeons. Dr. Y charged me 6k all-inclusive. Then the rest is paying for the actual performing of surgery (25k).
So the total is 31k? And 6k is the design and manufacturing all your implants?

Recently got this implant design from Dr. Y for custom mandible (jaw & chin) and malar / cheekbones with infraorbital rims.

Interested in thoughts.
please post your photos at least of ur cheeks/orbitals you can color your eyes out

this design is good, do not listen to that moron who drew on the back edge of the implant. there is no need to augment past the suture and your cheek is an oblique, the prominence has a good amount of projection, though you could prob push him to go a bit further. dr y doesn't love ridiculous patient involvement but you might be able to get him to go bigger by 2mm at the most prominent point to go from 5-7.

trust him to design it but know he tends to be not overdo, so you might want more. though i don't know your tissue thickness.

Last edited:
  • +1
blue is where the implant could extend further. Red is where u will need fillers despite the implants, because that will create a very unnatural gap inbetween.
Everybody can instantly tell that your jaw flares too much to be natural if you dont fill up the transitions.
there is no need to augment further back.

and jaw comment is proof you are retarded. there is a ton of soft tissue over the jaw. it will not look unnatural. please stfu dumb fuck.

• JFL
Reactions: virren, ChristianChad, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
please post your photos at least of ur cheeks/orbitals you can color your eyes out

this design is good, do not listen to that moron who drew on the back edge of the implant. there is no need to augment past the suture and your cheek is an oblique, the prominence has a good amount of projection, though you could prob push him to go a bit further. dr y doesn't love ridiculous patient involvement but you might be able to get him to go bigger by 2mm at the most prominent point to go from 5-7.

trust him to design it but know he tends to be not overdo, so you might want more. though i don't know your tissue thickness.
@zeek I remember him saying he was doing a 'better than natural, but still natural' (i.e. not fake) look to emulate the reference pictures I provided (Toni Mahfud, etc.).

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and zeek
there is no need to augment further back.

and jaw comment is proof you are retarded. there is a ton of soft tissue over the jaw. it will not look unnatural. please stfu dumb fuck.
aight OP can decide for himself. The reference pictures, especially toni mahfud has this very visible augmentation across the suture, he aint natural, he got fillers in cheeks to harmonize his jaw and chinimplant. He looks completely uncanny in videos, but photoshops himself to look more natural. OP doesnt have the prominent overall gigantic skull and maxilla that rodriguez has, it will just look comically and out of place when his jaw flares like that. Like this

Attachments

• masseter3.jpg
    masseter3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Pagnonisavemyeyes, ChristianChad and Corleone
aight OP can decide for himself. The reference pictures, especially toni mahfud has this very visible augmentation across the suture, he aint natural, he got fillers in cheeks to harmonize his jaw and chinimplant. He looks completely uncanny in videos, but photoshops himself to look more natural. OP doesnt have the prominent overall gigantic skull and maxilla that rodriguez has, it will just look comically and out of place when his jaw flares like that. Like this
@WhatsMonogamy I doubt that will be result given its Dr. Y, he is known for being conservative

Also, midface implants (malar, infraorbital, paranasal) are included so I do not believe there will be an imbalance with midface.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pagnonisavemyeyes, ChristianChad and Wallenberg
This is a woman with large massetere. Proving my point of large amounts of soft tissue covering the implants. OP included his soft tissue scan.

Price my nigga? I need so many implants (jaw angle, tear trough/cheekbone, temporal), getting all of them custom made would take me years just to be able to afford. Looks good imo, would be interested in seeing your before/afters. When's the surg?

Price my nigga? I need so many implants (jaw angle, tear trough/cheekbone, temporal), getting all of them custom made would take me years just to be able to afford. Looks good imo, would be interested in seeing your before/afters. When's the surg?
@LebenistneHure The custom implant design & manufacture fee was 6k. The surgical cost is 25k. 31k total

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Corleone, Hipcel and Wallenberg

trust him to design it but know he tends to be not overdo, so you might want more. though i don't know your tissue thickness
@zeek The design says they are ~5.5 at the most prominent point I believe. Also, I consider my cheekbone area much better than average - Dr. Y himself said 'You know your malar area isn't as bad as you think'. That in conjunction with the fact I provided pictures of Toni Mahfud and Mario Rodriguez as reference makes me confident that his design will be plenty. He also gave me the impression that he was doing a bit 'more' with my particular design and that the result will be spot on with the Mahfud & Rodriguez look. Love the design, it's like a fusion of both Mahfud's and Rodriguez's midface and lower-third.

Last edited:
  • +1
Also, noting my nose is actually incredibly swollen in the provided pictures & scan. Had rhinoplasty a few months back with Dr. Liotta in New York. She is excellent! Go-to for rhino imo.

At the current moment my nose bridge is WAY narrower than before, and tip is looking excellently refined. May be getting alarplasty from her early next year to finalize.

• +1
@madcap88 how long do you have to wait until the surgery?

• +1
Reactions: madcap88
@Wallenberg Its this week.

• +1
  • Woah
@Wallenberg Its this week.
Good luck! But when did you have your first consultation? I.e. how long from the first consultation until the surgery?

@Wallenberg Could have gotten surgery a month and a half after first consultation. First consultation was middle of February, could have gotten it end of March. Conflicting schedule prevented me from doing earlier. BUT to do that with custom implants, you have to pay the design and manufacture fee immediately. It takes 3 weeks for them to get them from ImplantTech

• +1
@Wallenberg Could have gotten surgery a month and a half after first consultation. First consultation was middle of February, could have gotten it end of March. Conflicting schedule prevented me from doing earlier. BUT to do that with custom implants, you have to pay the design and manufacture fee immediately. It takes 3 weeks for them to get them from ImplantTech
Very nice. I'm waiting for my consultation and want to do the surgery as soon as possible. I'm interested in jaw implants.

Continue sharing your experiences with Dr. Y. It's appreciated.

@Wallenberg I would definitely go with custom implants. Also, I will post about the pre-op, op, and post-op experience

• +1
@Wallenberg I would definitely go with custom implants. Also, I will post about the pre-op, op, and post-op experience
Yeah, I'm going with a custom implant. A month and a half after the first consultation is very nice.

@madcap88 how did the surgery go?

• JFL
Reactions: Corleone
@madcap88 how did the surgery go?
Hey @Wallenberg , the surgery went excellent. Surgery day proved Dr. Y's expertise and his staff's high level of care. They were very good at answering any questions and concerns I had prior to surgery that day, and were very accomodating in terms of payment (Memorial Day (the day before surgery) messed up how much I could have in-hand at the time of surgery - they were fine charging my card later that day during surgery). The overnight nurse went above and beyond - I asked for half a million things and they delivered on every one.

In terms of recovery, be prepared for more swelling than you can imagine. When I looked at myself in the mirror the night after I couldn't believe how swollen my face was, words can not describe. I came back to Dr. Y about 2 days later and he removed both the tape which holds the face to reduce swelling, as well as the stitches around my eyes (malar implants) and chin area. YOU MUST ice all areas of your face as much as you can or swelling (which is more than you can image) will stay longer than you ever want. I STRONGLY recommend getting Eye mask Ice packs, Full-face Ice packs, and a face wraparound belt which holds icepacks in place so you can place exactly where you need. I'll cycle through the packs with extras in the freezer so I never lose the opportunity to reduce swelling. Dr. Y says after first couple days icing won't make a difference - I disagree on this, I instantly see the difference nearly 2 weeks after I take ice off after a session. I'm also taking Arnica, Bromelain, and Vitamin C to help swelling and recovery. The most important thing about recovery though is frequent and consistently brushing your teeth and using mouthwash after every meal. I first brush teeth with Sensodyne Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste with a soft toothbrush, then rinse with Crest Health Pro Clinical mouthwash (best to get), and finally with CT TotalCare Anticavity fluoride. You must use soft toothbrush because of stitches in your mouth, and must do this before you go to sleep and after every meal. Since you wont be able to brush your teeth for the first few days, I would stick to a liquid diet so that the rinses alone can hold you over. This is what stops your implants from getting infected. Surprisingly, pretty much no pain - only need 2 ExtraStrength tylenol for about a week. Only area thats numb on my face is to the left of my nose (likely from paranasal implants) and will likely resolve soon anyways.

Now, in terms of result - I am obviously still VERY swollen. However, considering swelling I can already see Dr. Y may have nailed exactly what I was going for. I can tell given the overall change in my facial shape (I wanted to eliminate the 'roundness' of my face, Dr. Y absolutely did that) and add definition similiar to my references (Mahfud, Rodriguez), Dr. Y nailed that too it seems. Its been 12 days since the surgery, and the areas you would expect to be the most swollen (i.e. malar area, jaw angles, jawline, etc.) are the most swollen. With malar implant swelling, the swelling also extends down to the submalar region (due to gravity as Dr. Y mentioned) - so its hard to visually isolate what swelling is around the implant itself. The infraorbital rim part of my malar implant has also provided me a slight additional positive canthal tilt, which I actually kinda wanted from eye surgery (so that was convenient, since an actual eye surgery wasn't worth the degree of change I was seeking there. My eyes are already pretty damn good). Basically, I look in the mirror and think "If only the implants were a notch smaller" and then immediately think "Thats obviously swelling - its impossible to have the aesthetic result only 12 days after surgery. In fact, they state 6 months is standard".

So far, very impressed by Dr. Y and his staff. When swelling goes down, I'm sure I will be nearly 100% satisfied. Theres no way the perceived size including swelling only 12 days post-surgery is in range of the result / size post-swelling. I see Dr. Y again in a week for follow-up.

Bottom line, how would Toni Mahfud and Mario Rodriguez have looked about 2 weeks after their surgeries? Thats where I'm at.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: rand anon, Polar, NegativeNorwood and 7 others
Hey @Wallenberg , the surgery went excellent. Surgery day proved Dr. Y's expertise and his staff's high level of care. They were very good at answering any questions and concerns I had prior to surgery that day, and were very accomodating in terms of payment (Memorial Day (the day before surgery) messed up how much I could have in-hand at the time of surgery - they were fine charging my card later that day during surgery). The overnight nurse went above and beyond - I asked for half a million things and they delivered on every one.

In terms of recovery, be prepared for more swelling than you can imagine. When I looked at myself in the mirror the night after I couldn't believe how swollen my face was, words can not describe. I came back to Dr. Y about 2 days later and he removed both the tape which holds the face to reduce swelling, as well as the stitches around my eyes (malar implants) and chin area. YOU MUST ice all areas of your face as much as you can or swelling (which is more than you can image) will stay longer than you ever want. I STRONGLY recommend getting Eye mask Ice packs, Full-face Ice packs, and a face wraparound belt which holds icepacks in place so you can place exactly where you need. I'll cycle through the packs with extras in the freezer so I never lose the opportunity to reduce swelling. Dr. Y says after first couple days icing won't make a difference - I disagree on this, I instantly see the difference nearly 2 weeks after the instant I take ice off after a session. I'm also taking Arnica, Bromelain, and Vitamin C to help swelling and recovery.

Now, in terms of result - I am obviously still VERY swollen. However, considering swelling I can already see Dr. Y may have nailed exactly what I was going for. I can tell given the overall change in my facial shape (I wanted to eliminate the 'roundness' of my face, Dr. Y absolutely did that) and add defintition similiar to my references (Mahfud, Rodriguez), Dr. Y nailed that too it seems. Its been 12 days since the surgery, and the areas you would expect to be the most swollen (i.e. malar area, jaw angles, jawline, etc.) are the most swollen. With malar implant swelling, the swelling also extends down to the submalar region (due to gravity as Dr. Y mentioned) - so its hard to visually isolate what swelling is around the implant itself. The infraorbital rim part of my malar implant has also provided me a slight additional positive canthal tilt, which I actually kinda wanted from eye surgery (so that was convenient). Basically, I look in the mirror and think "If only the implants were a notch smaller" and then immediately think "Thats obviously swelling - its impossible to have the aesthetic result only 12 days after surgery. In fact, they state 6 months is standard".

So far, very impressed by Dr. Y and his staff. When swelling goes down, I'm sure I will be nearly 100% satisfied. Theres no way the perceived size included swelling only 12 days post-surgery is in range of the result / size post-swelling.
Holy fuck son, those design pictures looked extremely ideal. 8 PSL if you look like that rn
You could PM me with your results when you feel comfortable

In terms of recovery, be prepared for more swelling than you can imagine. When I looked at myself in the mirror the night after I couldn't believe how swollen my face was, words can not describe. I came back to Dr. Y about 2 days later and he removed both the tape which holds the face to reduce swelling, as well as the stitches around my eyes (malar implants) and chin area. YOU MUST ice all areas of your face as much as you can or swelling (which is more than you can image) will stay longer than you ever want. I STRONGLY recommend getting Eye mask Ice packs, Full-face Ice packs, and a face wraparound belt which holds icepacks in place so you can place exactly where you need. I'll cycle through the packs with extras in the freezer so I never lose the opportunity to reduce swelling. Dr. Y says after first couple days icing won't make a difference - I disagree on this, I instantly see the difference nearly 2 weeks after the instant I take ice off after a session. I'm also taking Arnica, Bromelain, and Vitamin C to help swelling and recovery.

Now, in terms of result - I am obviously still VERY swollen. However, considering swelling I can already see Dr. Y may have nailed exactly what I was going for. I can tell given the overall change in my facial shape (I wanted to eliminate the 'roundness' of my face, Dr. Y absolutely did that) and add defintition similiar to my references (Mahfud, Rodriguez), Dr. Y nailed that too it seems. Its been 12 days since the surgery, and the areas you would expect to be the most swollen (i.e. malar area, jaw angles, jawline, etc.) are the most swollen. With malar implant swelling, the swelling also extends down to the submalar region (due to gravity as Dr. Y mentioned) - so its hard to visually isolate what swelling is around the implant itself. The infraorbital rim part of my malar implant has also provided me a slight additional positive canthal tilt, which I actually kinda wanted from eye surgery (so that was convenient). Basically, I look in the mirror and think "If only the implants were a notch smaller" and then immediately think "Thats obviously swelling - its impossible to have the aesthetic result only 12 days after surgery. In fact, they state 6 months is standard".

So far, very impressed by Dr. Y and his staff. When swelling goes down, I'm sure I will be nearly 100% satisfied. Theres no way the perceived size included swelling only 12 days post-surgery is in range of the result / size post-swelling.
Holy fuck son, those design pictures looked extremely ideal. 8 PSL if you look like that rn
You could PM me with your results when you feel comfortable

Sounds very good. I appreciate that you are willing to share your experience with us.

I had a consultation with Dr. Y. It was a quite short consultation but Dr. Y was nice and approachable in that consultation. At this point, I think I will go with Dr. Y to get a jaw implant.

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, JackHanma and Corleone
Sounds very good. I appreciate that you are willing to share your experience with us.

I had a consultation with Dr. Y. It was a quite short consultation but Dr. Y was nice and approachable in that consultation. At this point, I think I will go with Dr. Y to get a jaw implant.
Good luck with bone erosion. I talked this past two weeks with 2 guys and both of them experienced bone erosion because of stupid silicone material. OP, i hope you are aware of this.

Literally a waste of money and time to go with silicone.

• Hmm...
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Hipcel, Wallenberg and Corleone