Thoughts on removing all PUFAs from diet?

I

ironjacket

Iron
I'm talking about whole food pufa sources like fatty fish, avocados, nuts, possibly eggs. Apparently these are catabolic and damage your metabolism, although I've always thought these natural sources were good

Last edited:
Eggs contain sfas and the rest are monounsaturated

Both omega3 and omega6 are essential fatty acids, your body can’t produce them

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 20565, ChristianChad, Kingkellz and 4 others
I'm talking about whole food pufa sources like fatty fish, avocados, nuts, possibly eggs. Apparently these are catabolic and damage your metabolism, although I've always thought these natural sources were good
Lol, what?

Fatty fish and nuts are good for your health. They are one of the healthiest foods.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz
Omega 3 being an essential fatty acid is a meme, it's only found in fatty fish that live in colder climates where the wast majority of human evolution didn't take place. The river fish our ancestors constantly ate in Africa for 90% of our species existing has miniscule amounts of omega 3.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ChristianChad, Dainslief and 1 other person
Omega 3 being an essential fatty acid is a meme, it's only found in fatty fish that live in colder climates where the wast majority of human evolution didn't take place. The river fish our ancestors constantly ate in Africa for 90% of our species existing has miniscule amounts of omega 3.
Cold climate fatty fish like mackerel and herring is incredibly high in omega3 but every fish and sea creature contains it. Trout, tuna, shrimp, catfish, crab etc. they don't live in cold climate yet similarly contain omega3 , although at a lower quantity.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ChristianChad and TsarTsar444
Just eat nothing theory

• +1
Reactions: ironjacket
Omega 3 and 6 are ESSENTIAL FATS. Your body can't create them, and not consuming any is going to result in worse health outcomes.

The idea that PUFAs are harmful is way overblown, and there's studies that show replacing PUFAs with saturated fat resulted in worse blood markers, and caused insulin resistance. Also, Omega 3, and Arachadonic Acid (Omega 6) have studies where increasing their intake resulted in MORE muscle growth.

There's absolutely no need to cut them out of your diet, and you will likely suffer if you do so

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 8988, Kingkellz and 2 others
Omega 3 and 6 are ESSENTIAL FATS. Your body can't create them, and not consuming any is going to result in worse health outcomes.

The idea that PUFAs are harmful is way overblown, and there's studies that show replacing PUFAs with saturated fat resulted in worse blood markers, and caused insulin resistance. Also, Omega 3, and Arachadonic Acid (Omega 6) have studies where increasing their intake resulted in MORE muscle growth.

There's absolutely no need to cut them out of your diet, and you will likely suffer if you do so
The harm comes from consuming too much omega 6 compared to omega 3. The ideal ratio of omega3/6 is no higher than 1:2-4. Normies consume 1:40 and then blame muh PUFAs for their health issues, while in reality they should just exchange their ((( vegetable oil ))) intake with omega3 rich fatty fish.

Your body will produce mead acid in the absence of pufas, and it's much better for you. This is a very controversial subject, I'll have to study this quite thoroughly.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief
milk n sugar all u need

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
All fats are bad tbh, but you need fats to live.

Mono unsaturated better, but lots of sources have other substances which may interfere with hormones

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 1660
Just don't consume seed oils

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20565, ironjacket and ChristianChad