Thoughts this study pufa positive effects on testosterone igf1

the MOUSE

the MOUSE

Bones don't lie, Mosley. See you in Animal Park
I'm trying to research more why zoomers r getting tall. Alongside insulinegic diet, I wonder what role pufa might play as well.

Also imo pufa scare is maybe bit over exaggerated. Ofc stay away high amount omega 6 seed oils. Main reason ppl say pufa is bad is coz easily prone to oxidation then causing free radical damage n then proceed to cut this out completely, thinking minor amounts of pufa is gonna kill them. but this is very minor concern imo if U get antioxidants and more stable sources less oxidised found in nature such as walnuts, avocado etc. Some amounts of Omega 3 seems might be essential n beneficial.

Raypeat forum not much positive testimonials doing this esoteric weird shit. Hans Amato is only Chad I've seen there. I literally typed testosterone, bloodwork couldn't find any1 who had androgenic and healthy blood markers on this diet, only ave/below blood results.

Why is there so few testimonials if this is such a revolutionary new diet, only see anecdotes but that doesent tell picture like carnivore diet ppl who feel good but it's false assurance from high adrenaline jfl. Even haidut who knows all this shit is still such a subhuman fat balding old beaver lookin ahh bozo after many years. The ppl there r still yet to lose weight and r often weird mentalcels too like Charlie admin. Ave Normie gymcel on pufa diet appears better health indicators than these raypeat subhumans. They'll probs quality life n longevity mog them anyways whilst barely concerning themselves deep into this stuff. Chuando tan as ex who looks 20s at 60yo has pufa diet but it's from stable sources, good amount of omega 3 relative to omega 6. Peoplr on forum r very black white thinking immediately dismissive. Reality it's very nuanced, complex. However I do believe raypeat has alot of positive aspects to take inspiration from, extending on this could be key to optimal diet. Authority fallacy, they don't question further. Perceive think act but niggas there don't do that, it's become totalitarian forum jfl

@kalefartbomb @DR. NICKGA @softlysoftly @BrahminBoss @Youㅤ

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and Youㅤ
Higher PUFA content in organisms is associated with a faster rate of ageing , potentially due to the susceptibility to oxidation . PUFAs do not go well with high body temperature creatures like us . it is reasonable that lowering PUFA intake would reduce the PUFAs in ur tissues but it also seems to be genetically influenced .

Some PUFAs are precursors to prostaglandins . prostaglandins have multiple functions but one function is inflammation which has tissue damage as a byproduct . therefore by lowering intake of the precursors u could reduce prostaglandins and maybe age less . it is said that n-3 PUFAs EPA and DHA are less inflammatory than n-6 arachidonic derived prostaglandins and may play roles in resolveing inflammatory processes .

in theory lower tissue PUFAs and minimal inflammation would slow ageing . i assume humans genetically maintain lower PUFA levels since we are a relatively long lived species .

in mice lard based diet increases lifespan relative to fish oil or soybean oil based fat sources . high n-3 fish oil was worse than high n-6 soybean oil potentally because it is more prone to oxidation. it is not known whether this would translate to humans and if lowering PUFA further would confer greater survival .

u are right to question the extreme anti-PUFA dogma

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE
Might be legit tbh even ethnics that grow up on western diets get taller then what the parents ate back home

• +1
Reactions: randomop and the MOUSE
I don't see any hard evidence that people are getting taller. More of the opposite if anything. There's an article on Wapo about Americans getting shorter. The only selective pressure in modern society making people taller is female preference, because there's certainly nothing in the modern diet that helps make people taller, and if you think there is then you have to explain why the same foods are stunting physical development in every single other way.

As for PUFAs and extremism; for any species eating that to which it is adapted will confer the best health outcomes. It doesn't require any overthinking. The only thing that matters is what quantity and ratio of PUFAs were truly in our indigenous diets the past 1 million+ years.

Since we know that wild meats and fish have higher omega 3s, lower 6 and 9, and generally a closer to 1:1 ratio, my best guess is that that is the best nutrient balance.

And people get a bit too hung up on anti-inflammatory foods. Humans need both inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods, they are like yin and yang. Inflammation is a crucial part of the growth-repair process. It's chronic inflammation that is a problem and people thinking that eating something supposedly anti-inflammatory is going to negate all the sugar in their diet.

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort, scrunchables and the MOUSE
just eat like shit theory

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort, scrunchables, randomop and 1 other person
I don't see any hard evidence that people are getting taller. More of the opposite if anything. There's an article on Wapo about Americans getting shorter. The only selective pressure in modern society making people taller is female preference, because there's certainly nothing in the modern diet that helps make people taller, and if you think there is then you have to explain why the same foods are stunting physical development in every single other way.

As for PUFAs and extremism; for any species eating that to which it is adapted will confer the best health outcomes. It doesn't require any overthinking. The only thing that matters is what quantity and ratio of PUFAs were truly in our indigenous diets the past 1 million+ years.

Since we know that wild meats and fish have higher omega 3s, lower 6 and 9, and generally a closer to 1:1 ratio, my best guess is that that is the best nutrient balance.

And people get a bit too hung up on anti-inflammatory foods. Humans need both inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods, they are like yin and yang. Inflammation is a crucial part of the growth-repair process. It's chronic inflammation that is a problem and people thinking that eating something supposedly anti-inflammatory is going to negate all the sugar in their diet.
Insightful response, thanks kalefartbomb!

You sometimes need some goyslop

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE