Tight shirts (to show off your muscles) is counter intuitive and actually makes you look worse

Deleted member 3593

Deleted member 3593

Mistral
What I mean are those tight/muscly shirts where your veiny, jacked arms are showing and the sleeve is at the mid bicep. The issue is, people think this is what looks good but I really don't believe so. I'm a firm believer that the only body area that matters the most when it comes to aesthetics is the upper chest, collarbones, and a little bit of shoulder hypertrophy as icing on the cake. With tight/muscly shirts the shoulder seam is too far up, think of it as lost potential. In order to have the most BROAD look the shoulder seams should be right at the edge of the shoulder and where your arms begin, MAYBE slightly lower but any higher is bad. Visually and subconsciously we cue someone with broad shoulders relative to their head but also where their shirt sleeves begin to fall. If the shoulder seam is too far up the shoulder, it gives the illusion your collarbones are much shorter than they actually are. I've been wearing medium slim fits thinking I looked good just because the waist was so tapered down and my arms were jacked but in pictures I noticed how far up my shoulder inseams were. I started wearing larges and even though the waist and arm areas are pretty big I'll never go back.

TLDR: Tight/muscly shirts make you look like a high e rectangle frame cuck because of how far up the shoulder seams are.

Attachments

• shoulder.jpg
    shoulder.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 148
  • +1
Reactions: Barbarossa_, Lorsss, lookserumaxeru and 5 others
Good thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 3593 and 1 other person
Quality, I agree 100% and I think the same thing, but why isn't there a shirt that's tight around the waist and chest, but fits perfectly at the shoulders?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 3593
Quality, I agree 100% and I think the same thing, but why isn't there a shirt that's tight around the waist and chest, but fits perfectly at the shoulders?

Thanks. This is what I'm trying to figure out. The dillemna a lot of people have is the shirt size that usually fits their shoulder area perfectly will usually make their arms look skinny and waist look large. To be honest I couldn't care less about arms anymore, but I may learn how to sew and start tapering the waists of the large shirts myself. Remember most off the rack clothing in the states is made to fit the average person who is obese. So for people who do have a decent body with lean muscle is going to have a very hard time finding a good fits. The trick is to just find the size that suits your shoulder area perfectly...the waist and chest can easily be altered.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Yeah i started doing this too. I hated how the shoulder seam looked when it ended way before my shoulder, and now that i wear a size larger it fits me better but ofc its a bit baggier

Thanks. This is what I'm trying to figure out. The dillemna a lot of people have is the shirt size that usually fits their shoulder area perfectly will usually make their arms look skinny and waist look large. To be honest I couldn't care less about arms anymore, but I may learn how to sew and start tapering the waists of the large shirts myself. Remember most off the rack clothing in the states is made to fit the average person who is obese. So for people who do have a decent body with lean muscle is going to have a very hard time finding a good fits. The trick is to just find the size that suits your shoulder area perfectly...the waist and chest can easily be altered.
Yeah 100%, I wear large most of the time, but people think I look better in a medium (where my muscularity can be seen), but I feel super self-conscious cause i have pretty narrow shoulders (19 inches), and this just accentuates it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back