Training Buccinator for Hollow Cheeks

PrisonMike

PrisonMike

Analytical Looksmaxxer
As we've discussed previously in the following threads:

Sun Squinting strengthens your Orbicularis Oculi, Levator Labii, and other muscles that affect your eyes. By training those muscles (as you are naturally supposed to), it increases the resting resistance those muscles apply to your face. This results in a better eye area. I and @retard can personally attest to that.
Could we extrapolate that and apply it to other facial muscles?

It's been talked about previously on this forum that the hollow cheek effect is mainly caused by your bones (Zygomatic bone, Maxilla, and possibly the Mandible). However, we've already established that facial muscles affect scleral show just as much as your Maxilla. So why not extrapolate?
I argue that the hollow cheek effect is caused by strong facial muscles (Buccinator) as well as your bones and facial fat. Sucking your cheeks in gives you hollow cheeks. Therefore, training your Buccinator muscle would increase the resting resistance applied to your cheeks, resulting in the hollow cheek effect without having to consciously use your Buccinator muscle.
Buccinator

I know that cheek muscle atrophy is regarded as the right way to attain the hollow cheek effect. For example, in this video:

Mike Mew argues that your strong Buccinator is the main culprit behind chubby cheeks. But I don't think that makes much sense. I don't think Buccinator hypertrophy would be noticeable. The muscle origin of the Buccinator muscle is deep inside your face and any kind of hypertrophy wouldn't really cause a bulge along your zygomatic arch. Therefore, I don't think atrophying your buccinator through correct swallowing techniques as Mike Mew argues in the video would lead to the hollow cheek effect. But to the contrary, I think strengthening your Buccinator muscle would lead to the hollow cheek effect. I haven't tested this theory yet. However, it logically follows from all our previous findings and conclusions. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I doubt this tbh just from observations of general the general public, 90% of normies swallow incorrectly and primarily use their buccinators while they lack any definition of hollow cheeks and models who push swallow and naturally mew have insanely hollow cheeks despite very weak buccinators

now the massester is the muscle you want for hollow cheeks as in tandem with forward and high set zygos it can create a valley like structure which creates the hollow effect

• +1
Reactions: soggra, laske.7, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 3 others