Tretinoin/Retin a AMA thread

Collagen or rope

Collagen or rope

和平统一,振兴中华
I have been researching this elixir of life for the past 10 months and am more qualified than the average dermatologist when it comes to dispensing advice.

AMA

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Danish_Retard, AlexBrown84 and 18 others
Thanks for the Q and A

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, mop87, BigBoy and 1 other person
Should i use it with progressive overload?

Where do you study?

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, 5'8manlet, RichardSpencel and 3 others
Should i use it with progressive overload?
Start with 0.05, finish the tube then go on 0.1 for max results

0.025 is for pussies unless your skin is really really thin

You are on retin a for no BS results. If not you would be on retinol or other cope skincare

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, Deleted member 5522 and 10 others
can i put it on my cock

• JFL
Reactions: Kingston
Start with 0.05, finish the tube then go on 0.1 for max results

0.025 is for pussies unless your skin is really really thin

You are on retin a for no BS results. If not you would be on retinol or other cope skincare
Should 0.05 be used daily?, Also is it fine to use it after dermarolling?

Depends, are you just starting out?

If so it would be wise to alternate days (1 day on 1 day off)

After a month or so you can use it everyday

The end goal should be daily use. Daily use = max results

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5522, W0KESTMOTHF and 1 other person
Do your derma in the morning and use tretinoin at night. Dont derma right before applying because it will be way too sensitive.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522, Deleted member 6111, W0KESTMOTHF and 1 other person
Should I use sunscreen even on winter cloudy days or it's not that photosensitive ?
Can I use it for acne scars on my back (+face) ?
Does it reduce acne and plack spots or it just helps with scars and wrinkles ?
I applied 3 days in a row and didn't noticed any side effect, can I increase dosage next time ?

isn't a day on a day off is a bit harsh, can i give longer breaks depending on skin reaction

never had skin issues btw

• +1
Reactions: The Bleach Pill
Should I use sunscreen even on winter cloudy days or it's not that photosensitive ?
Can I use it for acne scars on my back (+face) ?
Does it reduce acne and plack spots or it just helps with scars and wrinkles ?
I applied 3 days in a row and didn't noticed any side effect, can I increase dosage next time ?
If you care about collagen, you should use sunscreen whenever you are going out in the day, regardless of condition or season

Retin a will not do a lot for deep acne scars.

Helps with minor wrinkles but less with more pronounced ones. Very effective for reducing hyperpigmentation

If you by dosage you mean the amount per session u put on - yes. Put on enough to comfortably cover your entire face.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and W0KESTMOTHF
isn't a day on a day off is a bit harsh, can i give longer breaks depending on skin reaction

never had skin issues btw
You can, but obviously you wont be getting as good results then. If you have excessive irritation you should use less often. Decide accordingly.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17872, AscendingHero, nastynas and 2 others
Can it make you lose your hair?
Should you put retin a on your underyes or does it reduce fat on your face thus it's not recommend to use it on your undereyes?

should I only apply a “pea sized amount” as they say on most guides online? And how long should I leave it on before moisterising

Can it make you lose your hair?
Should you put retin a on your underyes or does it reduce fat on your face thus it's not recommend to use it on your undereyes?
It is highly unlikely to reduce fat. No studies support fat reduction from retin a. But there is a lot of anecdotal evidence about it. Two reasons come to mind:

1. People generally lose facial fat as they age, retin a will obviously not stop that. Those reporting fat loss are just aging normally
2. Retin a tightens the skin (fact) which makes you look less bloated = less fat

It wont make you lose hair

Skin on undereyes is much thinner so it will be more irritating. Put less on undereyes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero and W0KESTMOTHF
should I only apply a “pea sized amount” as they say on most guides online? And how long should I leave it on before moisterising
Stupidest guideline ever. What kind of pea? They dont specify

Put enough to cover your entire face in a thin layer. If you get too much irritation, put less.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 4887
How bad is the purge

How bad is the purge
Depends on how shit your skin is to begin with. Those initially suffering from severe acne - it's going to be very, very bad. U just have to push through it.

• +1
Reactions: JL~, Deleted member 15827 and Pussyslayer
can a 15yo use it?

• +1
Reactions: Pussyslayer
Depends on how shit your skin is to begin with. Those initially suffering from severe acne - it's going to be very, very bad. U just have to push through it.
Luckily my acne is minimal but I have a fair amount of whiteheads

thanks for this. I currently use prescribed Adapelene but I could get my hands on prescribed tretinoin. What are the main differences between the two?

thanks for this. I currently use prescribed Adapelene but I could get my hands on prescribed tretinoin. What are the main differences between the two?
dont know. I online research tretinoin specifically. They are both retinoids though

In terms of evidence, tretinoin specifically is the most well researched.

Form what i know getting sun for few times a month should be benefitcal for your skin, why putting sunscreen everytime ? Putting it every time does mpre harm to your skin than getting some sun every two weeks

Form what i know getting sun for few times a month should be benefitcal for your skin, why putting sunscreen everytime ? Putting it every time does mpre harm to your skin than getting some sun every two weeks
A bit of sun is good for your health.

Any amount of sun is bad for your skin's collagen (which is what we really care about.) Less collagen = less youth. Ideal collagen = living in a dark room for your entire life. But that is not possible so we use sunscreen

I dont give a shit about health. I only care about looks. I assume this website is geared toward the same, which is why I say no sun is the best.

• +1
Reactions: Bdh, AscendingHero, Clark69 and 5 others
A bit of sun is good for your health.

Any amount of sun is bad for your skin's collagen (which is what we really care about.) Less collagen = less youth. Ideal collagen = living in a dark room for your entire life. But that is not possible so we use sunscreen

I dont give a shit about health. I only care about looks. I assume this website is geared toward the same, which is why I say no sun is the best.
Whl said i csre about health? Sun is good for hormones, which will also be good for your skin, collagen won't get murdered if you sunbath one time a month when you're using tretinoin daily.

But yeah sunscreen is a must

Whl said i csre about health? Sun is good for hormones, which will also be good for your skin, collagen won't get murdered if you sunbath one time a month when you're using tretinoin daily.
Sunbathing once a month will add up

If you want to sunbathe go ahead. But it will reduce collagen.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and SadnessWYJ
Dont forget, stay away form pollution if possible

Can you recommend a sunscreen that doesn't give the shinny/oily look ?
And that ship worldwide, would be great.

Thank you so much

Also op can you hook me up with a retin a source in the pm?

Thank you so much
Korean sunscreens are the way to go, western suncreens dont give a shit about cosmetics

Boire is a good brand and on amazon.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5875 and bimaximum
as a first time user can i use it everyday? bcs i wanna see results fast

Also op can you hook me up with a retin a source in the pm?
Wtf? Can't you just buy it wherever? On amazon or something?
IMG 20201106 003137

Or are people talking about something else here?

• JFL
Reactions: qaum, BigBoy, Deleted member 4887 and 6 others
Wtf? Can't you just buy it wherever? On amazon or something?View attachment 786157
Or are people talking about something else here?
Thats retinol, the pussy version of Retin A

It's about 25 times weaker than the weakest version of Retin A.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, BigBoy and 4 others

Thank you so much
centella green level unscented sun SPF50+ PA++++
i'm tan and there is no whitecast, no shine or anything. lasts a long time

That's not retin a jfl
centella green level unscented sun SPF50+ PA++++
i'm tan and there is no whitecast, no shine or anything. lasts a long time
Oh okaay, thanks. I've read it before, that it's same, but just needs to go through a conversion phase, into a different substance.

Oh okaay, thanks. I've read it before, that it's same, but just needs to go through a conversion phase, into a different substance.

It is what my cousin and the majority of foids use. Real looksmaxxers like us who get our retin a at $5 per tube from some sweatshop in India will be collagen mogging the sephora crowd in 5, 10 years time.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 16834, AlexBrown84 and 9 others
It is what my cousin and the majority of foids use. Real looksmaxxers like us who get our retin a at $5 per tube from some sweatshop in India will be collagen mogging the sephora crowd in 5, 10 years time.
Actually good to know, but maybe not a bad thing to start with. I can go heavy with it and I felt my face heating up as is and it was overly red today.

Will Retin A cause balding

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero and Pumanator
Can i use retin-A while at the same time micro-dosing isotretinoin ? If not, how long should I wait after the end of my isotret cure to begin taking retin-A ?

Can i use retin-A while at the same time micro-dosing isotretinoin ? If not, how long should I wait after the end of my isotret cure to begin taking retin-A ?
probably not, thats a bit too much vitamin A. Why do you need to use them both at the same time? Use retin a after your prescription is over.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Rainerchen, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person