Tretinoin/Retin a AMA thread

Chad thread. OP do you know if you need ID to pay via the paybis option? Everywhere I’ve tried related to Bitcoin requires ID, but this works slightly different I think?

Can retin-a make UEE worse or better? Because i see two different opinions about it on this forum
It will make it look worse if you apply too much. The skin under your eyes is especially thin and thus more prone to irritation. If you do apply to undereyes, only apply a little bit.
Chad thread. OP do you know if you need ID to pay via the paybis option? Everywhere I’ve tried related to Bitcoin requires ID, but this works slightly different I think?
Ive never used Paybis, sorry

• +1
Reactions: Growth Master
I have been researching this elixir of life for the past 10 months and am more qualified than the average dermatologist when it comes to dispensing advice.

AMA
For the retin a gel/cream do i put it all over my face or just on the places with acne?
how soon can i put on my moisturizer and suncreen (I apply them together)?
How often should i apply it every week and what should i do if i experience discomfort/stinging?

Thanks

For the retin a gel/cream do i put it all over my face or just on the places with acne
Also how soon can i put on my moisturizer and suncreen (I apply them together)
Tretinoin should not be used as a spot treatment - put it all over your face.

You can apply moisturizer 20 mins after tretinoin.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, kuroganeikki and animo123
Tretinoin should not be used as a spot treatment - put it all over your face.

You can apply moisturizer 20 mins after tretinoin.
How often should i apply it every week and what should i do if i experience discomfort/stinging?

Apply daily, and once every other day if there is irritation

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, kuroganeikki and animo123
best place to get it in the uk?

I have some pimples and unideal colouring on my body.

Can I use retin on my upperback, chest, arms and shoulders aswell? Will it work the same as on face?

best place to get it in the uk?
Online at ExpressPCT
I have some pimples and unideal colouring on my body.

Can I use retin on my upperback, chest, arms and shoulders aswell? Will it work the same as on face?
Yes but you're going to need a shitload of tretinoin lol

Also you are going to need to start sunscreening those places

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
can you get a tan while using retin-a?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946 and AscendingHero
They say there's no Tretinoin for your face.

Yet, it's supposed to be applied on face.

What to believe? Pls help

It's one of the cheapest skincare products that I have lol.

I wear clothes? should be enough
I think you are underestimating how much surface area the rest of your body is vs ur face

If u wear black clothing it should be enough but some clothing won;t provide adequate upf

I think you are underestimating how much surface area the rest of your body is vs ur face

If u wear black clothing it should be enough but some clothing won;t provide adequate upf
I've read that hair doesn't protect you from the sun. My anecdotal experience is very different though. Maybe you have any thoughts?
Spent a lot of time hiking in the summer, weeks long all day long in the sun. My face afterwards was as pale as it has been tbh, but my nose has burned to a degree that it was actually bleeding. Also my arms turned dark brown and burned to a degree I couldn't touch them.

I've read that hair doesn't protect you from the sun. My anecdotal experience is very different though. Maybe you have any thoughts?
Spent a lot of time hiking in the summer, weeks long all day long in the sun. My face afterwards was as pale as it has been tbh, but my nose has burned to a degree that it was actually bleeding. Also my arms turned dark brown and burned to a degree I couldn't touch them.
hair won't protect your face from the sun

most of ur face won't be covered by hair

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
hair won't protect your face from the sun

most of ur face won't be covered by hair
Why didn't my face at least get tanned? I just tried covering it from the sun with my hair. It worked for weeks. Just wondering...

How long to see results bro?

Apply tret under eyes or no? Some say it thickens skin some say it thins out skin

Why didn't my face at least get tanned? I just tried covering it from the sun with my hair. It worked for weeks. Just wondering...
You mean your forehead? Yeah a fringe will protct your forehead but it is not practical to cover your entire head with hair.

Apply tret under eyes or no? Some say it thickens skin some say it thins out skin
Yes, but put less. Tretinoin thins the outer layer but thickens the inner layer.
How long to see results bro?
About 6 months. Daily tret usage will likely see your skin continue improving for up to 2 years, although the most improvement is usually made within the first year.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, kuroganeikki, Deleted member 10097 and 1 other person
First of all, lovely thread. Thank you.

Now, mind taking a look at my skincare? I have relatively dry skin but the pigmentation is all over the place and I have fairly bad acne.

Current Routine:
AM:
Normie face wash
Normie moisturizer
No SPF rn cause I don't go outside, but maybe reccomend cheap brand for future?

PM:
Normie Face Wash
Tretinoin

I've been noticing some dry and peely skin. Acne has improved. I noticed above you said to moisturize again at night after tret sinks in. Any other suggestion?

How much do i have to wait till i put moisturizer after tretinoin?

First of all, lovely thread. Thank you.

Now, mind taking a look at my skincare? I have relatively dry skin but the pigmentation is all over the place and I have fairly bad acne.

Current Routine:
AM:
Normie face wash
Normie moisturizer
No SPF rn cause I don't go outside, but maybe reccomend cheap brand for future?

PM:
Normie Face Wash
Tretinoin

I've been noticing some dry and peely skin. Acne has improved. I noticed above you said to moisturize again at night after tret sinks in. Any other suggestion?
Here are some improvements i recommend.

AM:
Wash face with water (no need to use cleanser)
Moisturize

PM:
Cleanser
Tretinoin
Moisturize

You are peeling because you are only moisturizing (locking in water) once per day but cleansing (drying out) twice a day. Do the opposite and there will be much less irritation. And yeah wear spf when u go outside.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and kuroganeikki
  • +1
Yes, UV rays can penetrate easier because the outmost layer of ur skin is thinner.

In that case, I'll use spf 30 / 50 on face + melanotan

flawless golden skin or death

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and animo123
Yes, UV rays can penetrate easier because the outmost layer of ur skin is thinner.
blackpilled dermatologist disagrees and says it doesn't sensitize skin to sun

blackpilled dermatologist disagrees and says it doesn't sensitize skin to sun

everyone else would say otherwise. Not sure if I would trust the word of 1 foid over the collective internet.

• +1
late but op do u know if we can cycle retinoids like tretinoin and Adapalene since they work on different receptors for better results?

is there any long term effects from using too much tretinoin like decreased cell division and repair long term?

also if u know other effective anti aging lookmaxxes please drop them

repped

late but op do u know if we can cycle retinoids like tretinoin and Adapalene since they work on different receptors for better results?

is there any long term effects from using too much tretinoin like decreased cell division and repair long term?

also if u know other effective anti aging lookmaxxes please drop them

repped
I think it's best to stick with either Tretinoin or adapalene instead of constantly switching between the two.

No.

UV aging from sunlight is by far the #1 cause of extrinsic aging. Mitigating that via sunscreen and lifestyle will go a long way to prevent wrinkles.

• +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98
I think it's best to stick with either Tretinoin or adapalene instead of constantly switching between the two.

No.

UV aging from sunlight is by far the #1 cause of extrinsic aging. Mitigating that via sunscreen and lifestyle will go a long way to prevent wrinkles.
ofc sunscreen is obvious. Trying add things that aren't in everyone's routine. is red light any good?

Thanks for making this breh. Doing god's work providing this kind of info.

Do you think tret will lighten skin to a noticable amount? My face is a bit darker than the rest of my body.

Thanks for making this breh. Doing god's work providing this kind of info.

Do you think tret will lighten skin to a noticable amount? My face is a bit darker than the rest of my body.
Yes. Tretinoin will renew your skin, so new skin will replace the tanned skin. Obviously you must wear sunscreen though.

ofc sunscreen is obvious. Trying add things that aren't in everyone's routine. is red light any good?
Im not an expert on red light.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and EllenJoy
which is best .025%, .05%, or .1%?

thanks for answering. so there is no actual downsides to tretinoin then?

which is best .025%, .05%, or .1%?
0.1 obviously, provided you build up to it and your skin can handle it.

Tretinoin is good for skin, more of it will logically lead to superior results

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and potentialhabit1
thanks for answering. so there is no actual downsides to tretinoin then?
Irritation and increased sun sensitivity. Nothing that can't be managed.

In terms of effectiveness vs difficulty/cost, it has to be the single best looksmax.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, kuroganeikki and 98Zdeed98
thoughts on occlusive creams on top moisturizers? looking at infodolan

thoughts on occlusive creams on top moisturizers? looking at infodolan
Not necessary imo if you have a good moisteriser and are using it twice a day.

Vaseline for dry lips is the only thing I recommend on top of a moisteriser

• +1
0.1 obviously, provided you build up to it and your skin can handle it.

Tretinoin is good for skin, more of it will logically lead to superior results
What should you start with?

Got another one for you. What do you think about a MSM + oral Vit C combo? I've been using it for about 2 months and not sure if it is cope or not.

Have not started my retin a but will start soon.

• +1
what is your advice for somebody who has been on on 0.5 for two weeks and is purging horribly. I have massive acnes all around my mouth and some big ones on my cheeks

they made my cheek scarring way worse :(

What should you start with?
0.05, finish the tube, then 0.1 for your entire life.
Got another one for you. What do you think about a MSM + oral Vit C combo? I've been using it for about 2 months and not sure if it is cope or not.

Have not started my retin a but will start soon.
I am highly skeptical of anything oral. And tbh everything is cope compared to tretinoin. I used to vitamin C in the AM, but removed that shit because it was too expensive. My skin did not change a bit - and actually improved because I upped my percentage from 0.05 to 0.1. As long as you are on tretinoin, you are already skinmaxxing to the 99%. Everything else is unecessary.
what is your advice for somebody who has been on on 0.5 for two weeks and is purging horribly. I have massive acnes all around my mouth and some big ones on my cheeks

they made my cheek scarring way worse :(
It will likely take longer that what you think for purge to end. It comes in waves. As soon as you think its over, another one comes. I had some pretty nasty acne too. The only advice i can give is to push through it. 1 year in you will thank yourself.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and kuroganeikki
Any place to have peptides (matrixyl) into the daily routine? ie
AM
Wash
Peptides
Moisturizer
Sunscreen

PM
Wash
Tretinoin
Moisturizer

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and 98Zdeed98
Thoughts on tazorac, ain’t it stronger than tret

I have been researching this elixir of life for the past 10 months and am more qualified than the average dermatologist when it comes to dispensing advice.

AMA
Do i apply it after shower?