Tretinoin/Retin a AMA thread

I got oily and acne-prone skin. I can keep the ance under control with a diligent skin routine but I'm rarely perfectly clear and I'm always oily. I also have mild acne scarring from years of skin picking. Should I go for retin A or Accutane?

Last edited:
probably not, thats a bit too much vitamin A. Why do you need to use them both at the same time? Use retin a after your prescription is over.
Im planning to microdose isotret once my real cure at 40mg/day has ended in order to prevent an eventual comeback of the acne, but this process is probably going to last for a year, so I was wondering if I could use retin-A at the same time if my skin still isn't fucking glowing from the accutane alone, but I guess I will wait then

Complentary question : is retin-A susceptible to make me break-out if I use it right after my accutane cure?

If i use beta carotene wich has vitamin a , and retina which is vitamin a , is this enough vit a too cumulatively cause balding/scarring alopecia?

what are other uses of tret other than skin on the face maxxing

when should you use it during your routine? 30 minutes after moisturizer? middle of day?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
is there any other cheap low effort products for collagen
derminator 2 is like 200 bucks and red light therapy is a bitch to do

I got oily and acne-prone skin. I can keep the ance under control but never perfectly clear with a diligent skin routine. Should I go for retin A or Accutane?
depends on the doctor entirely. I always get mine wo prescription online. It will also cost more to get it with a prescription.
Im planning to microdose isotret once my real cure at 40mg/day has ended in order to prevent an eventual comeback of the acne, but this process is probably going to last for a year, so I was wondering if I could use retin-A at the same time if my skin still isn't fucking glowing from the accutane alone, but I guess I will wait then

Complentary question : is retin-A susceptible to make me break-out if I use it right after my accutane cure?
you may still get breakout, but obviously nowhere near as much because accutane has dried your skin glands.
If i use beta carotene wich has vitamin a , and retina which is vitamin a , is this enough vit a too cumulatively cause balding/scarring alopecia?
no
what are other uses of tret other than skin on the face maxxing
you can use it on other parts of your body for example i had hyperpigmentatin on my arm because of mosquito bites. Retin a works on all skin
when should you use it during your routine? 30 minutes after moisturizer? middle of day?
Retin a - wait 20 minutes for it to sink in - then moisteriser. Always use at night
is there any other cheap low effort products for collagen
derminator 2 is like 200 bucks and red light therapy is a bitch to do
no

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Chadologue, Deleted member 7076 and 2 others
I got oily and acne-prone skin. I can keep the ance under control with a diligent skin routine but I'm rarely perfectly clear and I'm always oily. I also have mild acne scarring from years of skin picking. Should I go for retin A or Accutane?
Retin A nigga, accutane shit is only for severe acnecels and not something you just hop on lol.

For scarring, you will likely need professional help depending on how bad it is. Retin a isn't fantastic for foxing scarring.

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84, AscendingHero and aspieSavage
Retin A nigga, accutane shit is only for severe acnecels and not something you just hop on lol.

For scarring, you will likely need professional help depending on how bad it is. Retin a isn't fantastic for foxing scarring.

Ight I'll try retin A nigga

I have been researching this elixir of life for the past 10 months and am more qualified than the average dermatologist when it comes to dispensing advice.

AMA
Make me a collagen skincare routine that will make me god prime chicos skin

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, sytyl and Collagen or rope
AM

splash water on face

moisturizer

PM

cleanser
wait until completely dry

retin a
20 minutes

moisteriser

sunscreen outdoors

• +1
Reactions: JL~, AscendingHero, sytyl and 4 others
AM

splash water on face

moisturizer

PM

cleanser

retin a
20 minutes

moisteriser

sunscreen outdoors
Nah I want to mog not get mogged I know your hiding something

• +1

AM:
Youth to the people antioxidant cleanser
Centella calming gel
SPF (research one for your skin needs, must be korean)

PM:
DHC oil cleanser (godly)
wait 15 mins
Tretinoin
Pure aloe vera gel (makes the tret more effective)
wait 10 mins
Krave Beauty great barrier relief
(optional:) First aid beauty healing ointment (if becoming dry)

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and sytyl
AM

splash water on face

moisturizer

PM

cleanser

retin a
20 minutes

moisteriser

sunscreen outdoors
Splashing water on your face is actually a bad thing, because normal tap water has a high PH balance (7-7.5) which makes it easier for bacteria to live. You should use a cleanser because they are more acidic (5.5 PH is safe)

• +1
Which places on face should I avoid when applying tret?

I have been on accutane for a couple of months now and now I only have a couple of spots of acne here and there, IS it possible for me to stop accutane now? and hop on to Retin-A for the rest until the last bit of my acne disappears?

Is Retin A enogh for skin pigmentations? A doc said I have vitiligo, which I don't know if is true, but I have some darker spots.

Is ist necessary to apply moisturizer after using it? I heard that moisturizers are useless in most cases and can even harm your skin.

Which places on face should I avoid when applying tret?
lips or too close to eyes
I have been on accutane for a couple of months now and now I only have a couple of spots of acne here and there, IS it possible for me to stop accutane now? and hop on to Retin-A for the rest until the last bit of my acne disappears?
finish your accutane prescription then hop on retin a.
Is Retin A enogh for skin pigmentations? A doc said I have vitiligo, which I don't know if is true, but I have some darker spots.

Is ist necessary to apply moisturizer after using it? I heard that moisturizers are useless in most cases and can even harm your skin.
not sure its going to work for vitiligo. it is used for reducing hyperpigmentation after acne

yes use moisteriser

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Norwooder
Will tret get rid of blackheads on nose, any moisturizer recommendations? Thanks

Will tret get rid of blackheads on nose, any moisturizer recommendations? Thanks
tret rapes blackheads. You will get more blackheads at the purging phase but they will fall out very quickly

I use Cerave

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 6111 and 1 other person
How much dies retin a cost tbh? Here its abouy 7$ if online

How much dies retin a cost tbh? Here its abouy 7$ if online
less than the delivery fee if you get it from the right place. $7 sounds about right

• +1
Reactions: SadnessWYJ
I heard someone say that the increase in collagen synthesis for 3x a week use is the same for everyday use
can you source this statement?
I tried but with no luck, it sounds bs though I read some study that made it seem unlikely

Can i use retin-A while at the same time micro-dosing isotretinoin ? If not, how long should I wait after the end of my isotret cure to begin taking retin-A ?
yeah that’s the best way to get rid of acne.

Over for retinacels

What is the reason that some people develop hair thinning as a side effect from using tretinoin?

I also noticed this 2 months into starting 0.05% tret. First thing I noticed was that my scalp was really itchy and hair getting greasier, which could both be a reaction to Hypervitaminosing with vit.A. After that I started losing more hairs than usual everyday.

Also, is there a way to continue using tret and avoid those side effects?

1) will it make my skintine more constant

2) will it give me model worthy skin quality

is there any way to minimize the purge phase? ie. using it more sparingly while you are starting out or something

what is the deal with the hair sides...

@bimaximum
anthelios la roche invisible fluid 50 spf 39-42 ppd
is unmoggable

• Love it
Reactions: bimaximum
op, what makes you assume that 0.1 is better than 0.05%?
do you think obagi version is better than indian shit?

op, what makes you assume that 0.1 is better than 0.05%?
do you think obagi version is better than indian shit?
0.1 has four times the amount of retin a, that is what makes it better

0.1 has four times the amount of retin a, that is what makes it better
psl niggers were saying some shit that in the long term has the same anti-aging effects as 0.05
do you have any science based behind your theory?

psl niggers were saying some shit that in the long term has the same anti-aging effects as 0.05
do you have any science based behind your theory?
What's that study they keep spouting claiming there are no significant differences between 0.25 and 0.1 after a year of usage?

If you read it, there are differences, but the differences aren't significant. 0.1 is still superior.

• +1
Reactions: Chico Chicowski
how to get in canada

Hey man- I got some undereye wrinkles after using differin. Any idea why?

I'm also using micellar water cleanser and vit c serum- I'm thinking it might be irritation from the vit c serum + differin combo, or the cleanser.

please help me oh lord of skincare

Hey man- I got some undereye wrinkles after using differin. Any idea why?
Did you just start? Usually your skin looks worse when you just start retinoids, but gets better

The skin underneath your eye is thin and more prone to irritation. Don't apply too much.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Should 0.05 be used daily?, Also is it fine to use it after dermarolling?
Don’t use with derma-rolling, it will burn and sting like hell

• +1
Reactions: RoundHouse
isn't a day on a day off is a bit harsh, can i give longer breaks depending on skin reaction

never had skin issues btw
I did three days in a row and my skin was burning. Mac

it will make you breakout at first but only if you were gonna breakout in the first place. It cleans it from the pores so id u had anything bad in your skin, u will breakout when u start first. Some people use accutane after retin-a to help with the breakout after the first purge

Can retin-a improve under eye by tightening the skin?

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84
My skin is clear without any skin care
How would I benefit from from Retin a?