"Utilizing" OTC Drugs 1: Meclozine/Meclizine

moggr2009

moggr2009

high iq
This is my first post in hopefully a series I want to make of OTC Drugs that can be utlilized for Looksmaxxes.
Today Im gonna be talking about Meclozine/Meclizine, an OTC Motion sickness drug.

What is Meclozine?

Meclizine/Meclozine, is also known by the brand names Antivert, Bonine, and Dramamine, is an antihistamine used to treat motion sickness and dizziness (vertigo).

What are antihistamines?
Antihistamines are a type of drug that inhibits the bodies natural release of Histamines.
Histamines are a natural chemical produced by your Immune System during allergic reactions, allergen exposure. They are used by your body to get rid of things it doesn't like, such as Pollen, a VERY common allergen to Humans.
They cause sweating, swelling, tear up, or itch. It can remove skin irritants, body irritants, and others. They are very important to your body, however, your Immune System does tend to overreact, which is why Antihistamines are used in medicine.

Some antihistamines are Sedating Antihistamines. These Antihistamines can cause Drowsiness, alleviate Nausea, and even help with Parkinsons Disease.

Meclozine isnt like your typical Antihistamine (Benadryl, Delsym, etc.) It is a Sedating Antihistamine, that blocks the brain from sending the signals to make you nauseous. This is why it is so commonly used for motion sickness.
How can Meclizine benefit Shortcels?
(Theory/Speculative)
"Meclizine hydrochloride has demonstrated the ability to inhibit FGFR3 signaling and promote bone growth in an animal model of achondroplasia" "https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560645/"

In achondroplasia patients, meclizine was found to inhibit FGFR3 signals, and that could also mean that it inhibits it in normal patients.

What happens if FGFR3 Signaling is inhibited?

FGFR3 plays a crucial role in skeletal development. Mutations that lead to constitutive activation of FGFR3 cause skeletal dysplasias, such as achondroplasia, characterized by short stature.

This means that FGFR3 Signaling can cause short stature and achondroplasia. (google) So that also means that inhibiting it can avoid the riskof achondroplasia and possibly increase height.

The claim of it increasing height can be suppported by a study done on Mice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5547068/

Points to be taken:
--Twice-daily administration of 1 and 2 mg/kg meclozine for 10 days significantly increased body length and bone volume in ACH mice.

"Bone volume relative to bone length was markedly reduced in Fgfr3 ach" -- in overactivation in achondroplasic mice

--Bone volume increases after treamtement (length, density, width)

"Significant increase in bone volume after meclozine treatment in mutant mice showed that meclozine increased bone length and bone width by suppressing FGFR3 signaling in in-vivo. Using Fgfr3 Y367C/+ mice exhibiting a gain-of-function mutation in FGFR3, Di Rocco et al."

Meclizine also blocks the ERK1/2-MAPK pathway and inhibits FGFR3 activity.

As a result, it increases bone length and strengthens trabecular bone.

ok thats pretty much all. theres a lot more research on the height increasing aspects but thats about it for now.

What about Growth Plates?

I think I read somewhere about it delaying growth plate closure, but it needs more research, so for right now im not sure.

What are the Drawbacks?

"the long-term use of anticholinergic medications such as meclizine is associated with an elevated risk of delirium, falls, delirium, and dementia among older adults." -- Uh oh!

Others:

Cough
difficulty swallowing
dizziness
drowsiness
fast heartbeat
hives, itching, skin rash
puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
tightness in the chest
unusual tiredness or weakness
vomiting

Thanks for reading my thread. Let me know if there is anything I missed.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, sabloxine, halloweed and 2 others