Viability and benefits of 48 hour rolling fasts vs 72 hour?

Crustaciouse_

Crustaciouse_

Bronze
48 hour rolling fasts are much easier to keep up for most guys as they won't feel especially depleted and have other side effects.
But the 72 hours fasts are a much faster way to lose fat as ketosis only goes into effect after 2 days. So even if a 72 hour fast is only one day longer than 48 hours, it can actually result in up to double or triple the fat loss due to ketosis being active.
What do you boyos think?
Easier to keep consistency with 48 hours or toughen out for faster results with 72 hour?

96 hour fasts mog

Sleeping problems become more common after a 48 hour water fast. Lack of sleep can cause muscle breakdown and collagen degradation in the face.

If you can sleep wihout issue during fasts, go for it. I do a 72 hour fast about once a year, 48 hour fasts several times a month and 16-24 every day.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Sleeping problems become more common after a 48 hour water fast. Lack of sleep can cause muscle breakdown and collagen degradation in the face.

If you can sleep wihout issue during fasts, go for it. I do a 72 hour fast about once a year, 48 hour fasts several times a month and 16-24 every day.
I think I've managed to overcome sleeping issues by doing longer fasts in the past like 2 weeks.
My only problems during 72 are stomach burn, headaches, and cold/low feelings in feet

I've mainly just heard of people doing these following a keto or carnivore diet but it seems you'll still be eating carbs? 72 hours will give more powerful results, but if that meal contains carbs and you're breaking ketosis by carb cycling every couple of days you could become lethargic, store more fat, and have more hunger than without carbs. Most people at least carb cycle if they do keto once a week and they tend to be athletes who burn that excess glycogen off quicker.

48 hour rolling fasts are much easier to keep up for most guys as they won't feel especially depleted and have other side effects.
But the 72 hours fasts are a much faster way to lose fat as ketosis only goes into effect after 2 days. So even if a 72 hour fast is only one day longer than 48 hours, it can actually result in up to double or triple the fat loss due to ketosis being active.
What do you boyos think?
Easier to keep consistency with 48 hours or toughen out for faster results with 72 hour?
Might as well go for 72 hours, after all, the first two days are generally the hardest. Nevertheless, multi-day fasts do not seem feasible to me, at least for me long term so I tend to intermittent fast.