Vision correction Contact lenses cause changes to my face?

S

SONnemo13?

Iron
Many of you will immediately think that I am perceiving a change in my face since this is how I actually look without glasses and I'm not used to seeing that with corrective vision, but I have taken before and afters and there is a clear difference, here's what happens:

-My face becomes bloated, specifically around the eye area

-I have mild dark circles, however with contacts they become very noticeable and much darker

The bloat is so sever that my face literally feels different when I touch it and sometimes my iPhone can't recognise my face due to the bloat, some other symptoms I experience are; fatigue, dehydration and general irritation.

My best guess is I'm allergic to contacts but what part of them, and are there any alternative high end contacts which wouldn't render such bad side effects, I wouldn't wear them if it weren't for tennis, and I'd hate to be that guy who wears sports goggles.

Many of you will immediately think that I am perceiving a change in my face since this is how I actually look without glasses and I'm not used to seeing that with corrective vision, but I have taken before and afters and there is a clear difference, here's what happens:

-My face becomes bloated, specifically around the eye area

-I have mild dark circles, however with contacts they become very noticeable and much darker

The bloat is so sever that my face literally feels different when I touch it and sometimes my iPhone can't recognise my face due to the bloat, some other symptoms I experience are; fatigue, dehydration and general irritation.

My best guess is I'm allergic to contacts but what part of them, and are there any alternative high end contacts which wouldn't render such bad side effects, I wouldn't wear them if it weren't for tennis, and I'd hate to be that guy who wears sports goggles.
For how long do you wear contacts?

I don't see a link between wearing contacts and systemic dehydration after a few hours of use. I would also suspect that if you had such reaction your eyes should turn red if your blood vessels are being affected to the extent of pronouncing under eye due to direct contact...

Assuming that your assessment is correct and the symptoms are present I'd consider looking into other causes, by all means try "high end contacts" but imo optical stores should have the best material as it's more health oriented.
Don't discard psychological issues, high stress/cortisol/low hormone that are causing you to be susceptible mentally...

Regards,

Raitei

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30843