Vitamin B6 "significantly reduces" anxiety & depression + best food sources

D

Deleted member 30037

Scholar
It has recently been discovered that taking high doses of vitamin B6 supplements significantly reduces feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression.

A study conducted by a group of researchers at the University of Reading found that after monitoring the effects of an elevated dose of vitamin B6 on young adults for more than a month, the participants reported feeling less anxious. The study adds to the growing body of evidence supporting the use of such supplements to improve cognitive function, treat mood disorders, and hence boost mental well-being.

"The researchers first gathered 478 participants with self-reported depression and/or anxiety who were randomly assigned to either Vitamin B6, or Vitamin B12, or a placebo. According to the study's findings, the B12 group experienced a minor improvement in anxiety and depression when compared to the placebo group. Above all, Vitamin B6 produced a statistically significant difference. Higher GABA levels were found in participants who took B6 supplements, which screened participants for anxiety and depressive symptoms before and after the vitamin or placebo regimen. A large cross-sectional study discovered that the average intake of vitamin B6 (mg/day) in anxious and depressed people was significantly lower than in healthy participants."

Best sources of B6

• Wild caught salmon - 6oz (170g) has 1.2mg or 70% of Daily recommended value

• Grass-fed beef liver - 6oz (170g) has 1.8mg or 106% of Daily recommended value

• Organic chicken - 6oz (170g) has 1mg or 58% of Daily recommended value

@PseudoMaxxer

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: lightskinbengali, IMOGYOU, Deleted member 51465 and 3 others
But.. Muh chad doesn't need vitamin b6 he synthesizes his own

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: scrunchables, IMOGYOU, FBl and 1 other person
  • JFL
Reactions: scrunchables, IMOGYOU, ascension and 1 other person
It's water soluble btw. You can't get it from cooked meat.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
But.. Muh chad doesn't need vitamin b6 he synthesizes his own
TBH I do think T levels are still the primary factors for mental health, but these days mens T levels are the lowest ever in history so getting adequate nutrition is imperative. Ideally you would have high T levels + B vitamins and you would feel practically zero stress.

• +1
Reactions: One Rep Max
TBH I do think T levels are still the primary factors for mental health, but these days mens T levels are the lowest ever in history so getting adequate nutrition is imperative. Ideally you would have high T levels + B vitamins and you would feel practically zero stress.
y am i high cortisol wreck with 901 ng/dL test and diet good in b vitamins

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
It's water soluble btw. You can't get it from cooked meat.
That's my hypothesis too, which is why I put raw photos not cooked. I purposefully didn't add fruit or veg either because I don't believe it to be bioavailable to the human body.

y am i high cortisol wreck with 901 ng/dL test and diet good in b vitamins
Loads of factors man, too many to name. Could be your lifestyle or other factors going on. Environmental too especially if you live in a polluted city.

• +1
Reactions: One Rep Max
Loads of factors man, too many to name. Could be your lifestyle or other factors going on. Environmental too especially if you live in a polluted city.
I only get cortisol when I’m around other people in unpredictable environments where I don’t have control and short on time/have to rush tbh

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
The nutrients stated in plants aren’t completely bioavailable and so only a portion of what they promote actually gets utilised in the small intestine. High quality animal products contain no anti nutrients and thus are fully bio available and utilised.

Thanks bro, i’m going to buy groceries rn ill go and buy some salmon and liver even tho they are not natural they’ll help a bit I think

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
Diet is mostly cope for anxiety, could work for depression tho