Walked into a GP this morning and was immediately given an appointment near the end of the day by the receptionist. Now I know why I'm having twitchin

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
Told I had extreme health anxiety to the receptionist and she immediately booked me in for an appointment at the end of the day.

The GP felt my leg muscles and said my right thigh muscle was extremely tight, so I was given a deep massage and was told to see a chiro to continue these massages which I should take daily. For now, I was denied an EMG/NCS test.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: flippasav, rand anon, Deleted member 18879 and 1 other person
@mecha72 @flippasav

Tales from the GP surgery

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane
nigga my hand looks like this and my EMG/NCS is normal. i've had surgery to decompress the nerve at elbow and nothing was found
IMG 2028

(atrophied)
IMG 2027

(normal)

they are worthless for diagnosing most conditions ong

completely normal to have benign twitching etc, only have to worry if you're 70+ or if you get tingling/burning and weakness, hand atrophy precedes muscle fasciculations in ALS/MND btw

• +1
nigga my hand looks like this and my EMG/NCS is normal. i've had surgery to decompress the nerve at elbow and nothing was found
View attachment 2174240
(atrophied)
View attachment 2174241
(normal)
Did you have twitching as well in a hotspot?
Thank you.
completely normal to have benign twitching etc,
The GP said the twitching was benign when I described my symptoms. I was immediately denied an NCS/EMG and neuro referral.
only have to worry if you're 70+ or if you get tingling/burning and weakness, hand atrophy precedes muscle fasciculations in ALS/MND btw
I wonder why some people on Reddit and ALSforums claim to have had twitching before ALS.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
Did you have twitching as well in a hotspot?

Thank you.

The GP said the twitching was benign when I described my symptoms. I was immediately denied an NCS/EMG and neuro referral.

I wonder why some people on Reddit and ALSforums claim to have had twitching before ALS.
i have no twitching but ik for sure i don't have ALS as the atrophy happens symmetrically and i have too much strength also got pain. you should look into BFS (benign fasciculation syndrome), it's very rare for someone young to get ALS and usually there's a genetic component so unless one of your family members got it is very unlikely at your age

• +1
i have no twitching but ik for sure i don't have ALS as the atrophy happens symmetrically and i have too much strength also got pain.
And people say that you can't feel pain or tingles in ALS.
you should look into BFS (benign fasciculation syndrome), it's very rare for someone young to get ALS and usually there's a genetic component so unless one of your family members got it is very unlikely at your age
I've written many posts about BFS jfl. Here's one of them:
https://looksmax.org/threads/twitch...alp-and-asshole-fuck-bfs.704906/post-11119121

ALS doesn't run in either side of my family at all.

• JFL
Ofcourse bro they need to get mental patients to the asylum as quick as possible

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18879 and Xangsane
so I was given a deep massage and was told to see a chiro to continue these massages which I should take daily.
Incels.is would of banned you for revealing this.

• JFL
They have funny "boasting" rules.
They removed my post over at ALSforums.com
Moderators have removed your post. Your questions were covered in the "Read Before" pinned thread and you are asking people to personally answer those questions again instead of reading that pinned post.

Your doctor does not see any neuro issues and refuses a neuro referral at this time. This forum is not a replacement for proper medical care or mental health support, nor can it be used as a place to deal with health anxiety. We are a forum dedicated to helping people directly affected by an ALS diagnosis with the issues that arise from such a diagnosis. Our resources are limited here, and our focus is on people with ALS/MND and their caregivers.

Please understand that while we are sympathetic, we are not able to help people who do not believe their doctors and who will not believe the answers in the pinned post. If you wish to speak with people who are struggling with the same issues and have the same questions about twitching, etc, as you do, the below links will provide a more appropriate community.
They linked me to Reddit JFL :lul: :lul:

@tents

• JFL
Reactions: Sexually Disabled
Does your leg/thigh jump? Cuz I does for me like every minute once.

• +1
I’ve been having it for like 2 years now don’t know what it could be. Ain’t tryna tell my parents they gon think ima pussy jfl

• So Sad
I’ve been having it for like 2 years now don’t know what it could be. Ain’t tryna tell my parents they gon think ima pussy jfl
I had anxiety over ALS even though I don't have it.

I had anxiety over ALS even though I don't have it.
Can they even see if it’s als? Doesn’t it come when it’s to late to do sum about it?

• +1
Can they even see if it’s als? Doesn’t it come when it’s to late to do sum about it?
They have to perform a nerve conduction test and an EMG.

• +1
Reactions: YXSKII
They have to perform a nerve conduction test and an EMG.
I need to go to the doc and get me some muscle relaxer. It’s so fucking annoying when I try to sleep

• +1
I need to go to the doc and get me some muscle relaxer. It’s so fucking annoying when I try to sleep
They denied me some.

View attachment 2174240
(atrophied)
View attachment 2174241
(normal)

completely normal to have benign twitching etc, only have to worry if you're 70+ or if you get tingling/burning and weakness, hand atrophy precedes muscle fasciculations in ALS/MND btw
Saved the pics btw

• JFL
They denied me some.
Did u ask upfront? U shouldn’t do it like that; rather you should’ve complained about everything it does for u.

• +1
View attachment 2174240
(atrophied)
View attachment 2174241
(normal)

i dont see it whats the problem in 1 hand

Did u ask upfront? U shouldn’t do it like that; rather you should’ve complained about everything it does for u.
I asked if I would get medication.