What do you want to know about skincare?

what do you think about Buffet + Copper Peptide from the Ordinary ?
Thanks for your amazing work !

• +1
Reactions: Thanos
I would like to know more about haircare tbh, I feel like it's underrated. I'm not talking about hairline and shit, but about hair quality, how to make your hair soft, smooth, silky, shiny and bouncy.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, prgfromnl, Seth Walsh and 1 other person
what do you think about Buffet + Copper Peptide from the Ordinary ?
Its a damn good workhorse serum. Is it the best option for each of the individual components? No. But its definitely not a bad place to start.
I would like to know more about haircare tbh, I feel like it's underrated. I'm not talking about hairline and shit, but about hair quality, how to make your hair soft, smooth, silky, shiny and bouncy.
Keep it hydrated and moisturised. Don't be afraid of oils if you've got dry hair. If you want a quick fix and want shine and manageability, silicones can be great.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
@Effortless might be the man you're after

• +1
Reactions: her
Its a damn good workhorse serum. Is it the best option for each of the individual components? No. But its definitely not a bad place to start.

Keep it hydrated and moisturised. Don't be afraid of oils if you've got dry hair. If you want a quick fix and want shine and manageability, silicones can be great.
How exactly should I keep it hydrated and moisturized? I don't even use shampoo anymore and it hasn't changed shit.

How exactly should I keep it hydrated and moisturized? I don't even use shampoo anymore and it hasn't changed shit.
What do you use when washing your hair?

What do you use when washing your hair?
Literally just water. But I feel like I need to start using some products, my hair is probably severely damaged, it's so dry and frizzy.

I have really thick kind of wavy hair, and when I was a kid it used to be really soft and bouncy.

Literally just water. But I feel like I need to start using some products, my hair is probably severely damaged, it's so dry and frizzy.

I have really thick kind of wavy hair, and when I was a kid it used to be really soft and bouncy.
Yeah you need to wash your scalp with something. Haircare is one of those things that is massively individual. How long is your hair?

Is there anything wrong with depilatory creams?

Last edited:
Yeah you need to wash your scalp with something. Haircare is one of those things that is massively individual. How long is your hair?
I just got a haircut today. Now it's really short on sides and short-medium on top. But before it was quite long, I even had a mullet. But I wanted to have long healthy hair.

Me too

I just got a haircut today. Now it's really short on sides and short-medium on top. But before it was quite long, I even had a mullet. But I wanted to have long healthy hair.
Growing hair takes a long fucking time. Especially if it has any curl to it. Best advice is to wash it with a gentle shampoo (hygiene is the most important thing here), use a good conditioner and wait it out. Like I said before, the fastest way to minimise frizz and add shine is silicones- they don't actually improve the condition of your hair, but it sure as hell looks like they do (if you've got thin, straight hair they can make the hair look greasy though so be careful).

The main issues with them are usually an allergic reaction or that the skin can't take the high pH. Depilatory creams are great in that their mechanism of action is really specific so if your skin can take the pH then you should be good. But please patch test and don't use them in the areas that the packaging specifically warns you against.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and her
Growing hair takes a long fucking time. Especially if it has any curl to it. Best advice is to wash it with a gentle shampoo (hygiene is the most important thing here), use a good conditioner and wait it out. Like I said before, the fastest way to minimise frizz and add shine is silicones- they don't actually improve the condition of your hair, but it sure as hell looks like they do (if you've got thin, straight hair they can make the hair look greasy though so be careful).

The main issues with them are usually an allergic reaction or that the skin can't take the high pH. Depilatory creams are great in that their mechanism of action is really specific so if your skin can take the pH then you should be good. But please patch test and don't use them in the areas that the packaging specifically warns you against.
Great poster

Glycine my friend. In addition to its remarkable health effects (this study for example among many others : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5350494/), it has been shown in this study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6153947/) 10 g per day increases collagen production by 200 %. I'm really surprised so few people here seem to give taurine (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-taurine#bottom-line) and glycine the importance these 2 specific amino acids do deserve.
Does the 10g a day also apply to taurine?
Also, what are your thoughts on MSM for collagen increase?

Should I use shampoo and conditioner everyday though? Thank you so much bro.

Not if you don't need it. If you're working out hard and getting sweaty as fuck every day then you might need to (although dry shampoo could be your friend in this instance). Every other day to every third day is usually a good sweet spot.

What's a cheap decent skincare routine? Right now mine currently consists of a Cetaphil moisturizer, Noxema pads and sunscreen

OP is a fucking legend for dropping all this golden advice for free tbh

• +1
Reactions: gymislife and Seth Walsh
I started using a leave-in conditioner with castor oil and argan oil. Haven't been using it long enough to see effects and my hair hasn't grown long enough yet but I'll let you know if I notice anything good.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and her
I started using a leave-in conditioner with castor oil and argan oil. Haven't been using it long enough to see effects and my hair hasn't grown long enough yet but I'll let you know if I notice anything good.
I will probably try it out aswell. I just need to find a good routine that works for me and stick with it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Seth Walsh
You got an opinion on PTD-DBM?

Know nothing about it tbh
Ah so it regulates CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 which is a negative regulator of the Wnt/Beta Catenin pathway. If CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 binds to Dischevelled then I can see why it can cause hairloss. PTD-DBM looks very interesting. There's a chance it will somehow work. But my gut feeling is telling me it won't. Dischevelled is never going to translocate the Destruction complex along with the Beta Catenin to the LRP receptor if you genetically don't have activity at Frizzled in the first place.

Really confused as to how PTD-DBM would work then. Could be a scam. But who am I to say. I didn't even know what it was until 2 minutes ago.
Know nothing about it tbh

Ah so it regulates CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 which is a negative regulator of the Wnt/Beta Catenin pathway. If CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 binds to Dischevelled then I can see why it can cause hairloss. PTD-DBM looks very interesting. There's a chance it will somehow work. But my gut feeling is telling me it won't. Dischevelled is never going to translocate the Destruction complex along with the Beta Catenin to the LRP receptor if you genetically don't have activity at Frizzled in the first place.

Really confused as to how PTD-DBM would work then. Could be a scam. But who am I to say. I didn't even know what it was until 2 minutes ago.

1. CXXC5 targeting with PTD-DBM.
  2. Valproic acid. Usually used to treat seizures, bipolar, schizophrenia and migraines. In this instance it was used topically to activate the Wnt/β-catenin pathway.

Wnt/B-catenin pathway activation is so broad. If you don't have some type of activity in that pathway that'd be very rare. Agonism at the Frizzled receptor site by a very specific molecule which doesn't really have a name so we just call it "Wnt", is the particular activation of the pathway that's related to not losing your hair. Transformyou.com sound like they're spewing complete bullshit. Unless they have years of trials, I don't think they can claim that PTD-DBM does anything to push the B Catenin to the TCF and prevent proteasomal degredation of it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
What's a cheap decent skincare routine? Right now mine currently consists of a Cetaphil moisturizer, Noxema pads and sunscreen
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Cetaphil moisturiser and the pads first ingredient is alcohol so they might be drying you out, but if it works for you then stick with it. I'd add in a cleanser on top of what you've already got.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Cetaphil moisturiser and the pads first ingredient is alcohol so they might be drying you out, but if it works for you then stick with it. I'd add in a cleanser on top of what you've already got.

Any specific cleanser recommended? It doesn't seem to dry me out, and do you have any good cheap eye creams for under eye circles?

So I just got 0.025% tretinoin, I'm about to take a shower and I'll apply it after the shower, wait 20-30 minutes and apply moisturizer.

Should I already start using it everyday since it's the lowest strength?

Any specific cleanser recommended? It doesn't seem to dry me out, and do you have any good cheap eye creams for under eye circles?
Where are you based? What is your skin type? And what is your budget?
As far as under eye circles go, depending on the cause theres not a ton you can do honestly.

Should I already start using it everyday since it's the lowest strength?
No.

How often then?
Either once or twice a week. If you can handle that, move to every other day and then daily.

• +1
Reactions: her
Either once or twice a week. If you can handle that, move to every other day and then daily.
Where have you been all the time? Signed up in 2018 and spreading really solid advice!

Where have you been all the time? Signed up in 2018 and spreading really solid advice!
I was here for a little while early on, then came back last month properly.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Where are you based? What is your skin type? And what is your budget?
As far as under eye circles go, depending on the cause theres not a ton you can do honestly.

No.

America, black, budget for cleanser + eye cream like $50 - 60, less would be ideal as long as quality is still good

Last edited:
American, black, budget for cleanser + eye cream like $50 - 60, less would be ideal as long as quality is still good
The CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser is often a good option. As for eye creams, I like the Drunk Elephant C Tango Eye Cream, although I doubt that would do a hell of a lot for dark circles (that aren't hyperpigmentation).

The CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser is often a good option. As for eye creams, I like the Drunk Elephant C Tango Eye Cream, although I doubt that would do a hell of a lot for dark circles (that aren't hyperpigmentation).

I'll order the cleanser rn. Is there any eye cream that can fix upper eyelid exposure/eyelid lines, or can that only be done thru surgery?

I'll order the cleanser rn. Is there any eye cream that can fix upper eyelid exposure/eyelid lines, or can that only be done thru surgery?
Try growing your eyelashes a bit longer if you only have a little UEE.

Can u link any product for dark circles?

Honestly, the majority of that is surgery.

Can u link any product for dark circles?
Depends on the type of dark circle.

Try growing your eyelashes a bit longer if you only have a little UEE.

I don't know if it's considered Upper eyelid exposure, I have like one of these, is that only curable from surgery?

What's your opinion on using a topical serum that has a super high concentration of Matrixyl-3000, like 50% or more? I noticed that most commercial products don't contain more than 5% or maybe 10% at the most, so I wasn't sure if there were any risks associated with applying a serum that has a 5-10x higher concentration of Matrixyl.

What's the difference between taking supplements (Niacin, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C) and applying them topically?

Does the 10g a day also apply to taurine?
Also, what are your thoughts on MSM for collagen increase?

It only applies to glycine.

Regarding taurine, go for 3 g a day. It's really healthy, too healthy to dispense with it in my opinion. Currently there isn't any scientific evidence backing a positive effect of taurine on collagen. But if you lift every other day, to kill two birds with one stone, you can melt 6 g of taurine with your BCAA to significantly reduce muscle soreness and catabolism : "the physiological and blood biochemical markers for DOMS and muscle damage showed improvement in the combination of TAU and BCAA supplementation rather than in the single or placebo supplementations." You can find the study here : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392882.

MSM has still not been shown to increase collagen. It may help reduce arthritis nonetheless.

• +1
Reactions: Rift
It only applies to glycine.

Regarding taurine, go for 3 g a day. It's really healthy, too healthy to dispense with it in my opinion. Currently there isn't any scientific evidence backing a positive effect of taurine on collagen. But if you lift every other day, to kill two birds with one stone, you can melt 6 g of taurine with your BCAA to significantly reduce muscle soreness and catabolism : "the physiological and blood biochemical markers for DOMS and muscle damage showed improvement in the combination of TAU and BCAA supplementation rather than in the single or placebo supplementations." You can find the study here : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392882.

MSM has still not been shown to increase collagen. It may help reduce arthritis nonetheless.
When’s best time to take taurine?
Morning? Night? Before workout?

Can't really tell from the photos what colour they are.

What's your opinion on using a topical serum that has a super high concentration of Matrixyl-3000, like 50% or more? I noticed that most commercial products don't contain more than 5% or maybe 10% at the most, so I wasn't sure if there were any risks associated with applying a serum that has a 5-10x higher concentration of Matrixyl.
Ever hear of the law of diminishing returns? There's your answer.
As a formulator, we like peptides because you can use really small concentrations but still get a significant result- I think Sederma originally tested Matrixyl 3000 at something like 4%? Honestly, when products contain really high levels of ingredients like peptides, they're doing it for the marketing value and so they can charge extortionate prices.

What's the difference between taking supplements (Niacin, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C) and applying them topically?
Lots of ingredients haven't been demonstrated to make much of a difference when taken orally, whereas when applied topically we know that they're effective.
Think about it, you take a load of hyaluronic acid. Your body isn't going to think to itself "oh this needs to go specifically to the skin".

• +1
Reactions: Kinko
Can't really tell from the photos what colour they are.

Ever hear of the law of diminishing returns? There's your answer.
As a formulator, we like peptides because you can use really small concentrations but still get a significant result- I think Sederma originally tested Matrixyl 3000 at something like 4%? Honestly, when products contain really high levels of ingredients like peptides, they're doing it for the marketing value and so they can charge extortionate prices.

Lots of ingredients haven't been demonstrated to make much of a difference when taken orally, whereas when applied topically we know that they're effective.
Think about it, you take a load of hyaluronic acid. Your body isn't going to think to itself "oh this needs to go specifically to the skin".
Violet?

Which moisturizers are recommended, if you have acne and get oily skin pretty fast?