What if an implant gets infected?

D

DistortedPenguin

Iron
I’m aware infection is always a risk with implants (think I read like 2% chance), but what actually happens if an implant gets infected? I assume the surgeon will remove it and give you antibiotics.

Then I assume you can do surgery again probably a few months later, but do you typically have to pay again? I thought infections are normally caused by bacteria on the implant at the time it’s put in, so it seems pretty shitty if you have to pay again.

I’m aware infection is always a risk with implants (think I read like 2% chance), but what actually happens if an implant gets infected? I assume the surgeon will remove it and give you antibiotics.

Then I assume you can do surgery again probably a few months later, but do you typically have to pay again? I thought infections are normally caused by bacteria on the implant at the time it’s put in, so it seems pretty shitty if you have to pay again.
why would you even consider 2 percent outcomes? do you want it to happen or something

why would you even consider 2 percent outcomes? do you want it to happen or something
2 percent ain’t exactly negligible imo. Would be good know if I would need more money saved up to cover a 2nd attempt.

I think I read on here before that with malar implants they have to cut some tendon and you get saggy cheeks without the implant. Imagine having to walk about with saggy cheeks cos your implant got infected and you can’t get more cos you’re brokecel

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3105 and Deleted member 29167